Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Demarai Gray

• 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, glenny_fox said:

Anyone notice gray training on his own at half time today away from the other players? 

Hoping it was just to warm him up incase we needed him rather than throwing a strop. 

Found it bizarre that he didn't feature at all tonight so maybe not at 100% or perhaps a strop. Chilwell did well but couldn't help think that Gray would have made more of those situations. 

Hopefully we get to see Gray start against Arsenal, as he will surley be off if he doesn't get many more games for the rest of the season. Mahrez could do with a rest. 

He looked thoroughly pissed off during  the game. Mind you he looks like that most days. I'm surprised Shakey seems to rate him less then Claudio, hardly got any mins against Palace and no game time against Athletico. Hate to say it but a move looks likely.

2 minutes ago, sm1 said:

He looked thoroughly pissed off during  the game. Mind you he looks like that most days. I'm surprised Shakey seems to rate him less then Claudio, hardly got any mins against Palace and no game time against Athletico. Hate to say it but a move looks likely.

I think he has a resting bitch face... as they call it. lol

You're right though and I'm a bit surprised as he has obviously got talent and Mahrez could still be on the way out, so you would have thought Gray would be the guy to come through and try to make that starting spot his own. 

Will have to see whether he gets many games from now until the end of the season. I hope he doesn't go cheap though, as anyone who can run with the ball that quick under such close control, has the potential to be a top player and I would hate if he went to another Prem club and had a real impact, whilst we sign some foreign flop! 

8 hours ago, sm1 said:

I'm fairly certain that he'll move this summer. Even more so if Mahrez stays. Not getting any minute against Atletico was a hard blow and I can understand his frustration. He should have come in instead of Amartey. I'm not sure to follow Shakey on this one.

The only reason I could see Amartey coming on instead was to keep a physical prescence on the pitch for set pieces but I still would have brought Gray on, just for the experience if nothing else, game was pretty much gone by that point anyway.

I felt gutted for him last night. 

When Chillwell and Albrighton were getting time and space outwide I felt it was the perfect type of situation that Gray would've thrived in. 

Just now, lee7 said:

I felt gutted for him last night. 

When Chillwell and Albrighton were getting time and space outwide I felt it was the perfect type of situation that Gray would've thrived in. 

Theres got to be more to this ....   When I get back later can someone find out and let me know please ...   Where's an itk when you need one.

Just now, Countryfox said:

Theres got to be more to this ....   When I get back later can someone find out and let me know please ...   Where's an itk when you need one.

I can probably see why Shakespeare didn't throw him on at the same time. Atletico were doubling up on Mahrez and Vardy and I think they would've done the same to Gray. 

Also Shakey wanted to go long/direct and Gray likes to have 4/5 touches at the best of times. 

But as I said personally I would've gambled with him as he skips past players with ease and I feel he would've drawn fouls for fun especially late on. 

With the pressure we were putting Atletico under last night, Gray would have been perfect to throw on last 20. He'd have had a field day running at a back 4 under immense pressure. Felt slightly sorry for him.

43 minutes ago, ZeGuy said:

I'm fairly certain that he'll move this summer. Even more so if Mahrez stays. Not getting any minute against Atletico was a hard blow and I can understand his frustration. He should have come in instead of Amartey. I'm not sure to follow Shakey on this one.

I think amartey only came on as Morgan was injured

5 minutes ago, browniefox said:

I was calling for Gray at half time. He would have been more effective than Mahrez. 

No chance, he isnt ready, he needs to get his head down, work hard and force his way in. The games he has come in he hasnt done this. He is 1 if not 2 seasons away from being a regular for me.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Russell sprout said:

I think amartey only came on as Morgan was injured

We didn't need him but we did need two more in less than 10 minutes. Anything else was irrelevant. Not having a go at Shakey at all, but I feel he should have been daring all the way, as he did by switching formations and immediately bringing two subs in the second half.

Edited by ZeGuy

Just now, ZeGuy said:

We didn't need him but we did need two more in less than 10 minutes. Anything else was irrelevant. No having a go at Shakey at all but I feel he should have been daring all the way, as he did by switching formations and immediately bringing two subs in the second half.

Agree with this - could have shoved N'Didi at centre back as the midfield was fairly redundant.

Probably wouldn't have changed the result though. 

14 minutes ago, browniefox said:

I was calling for Gray at half time. He would have been more effective than Mahrez. 

Nope. Not behind two strikers. Gray is an impact player, not a playmaker. If any Gray should have come in instead of Chillwell but I suppose Shakespeare wanted a minimum of solidity at the back. If Chillwel was a bit better at crossing, the decision would have rewarded to 200%.

Edited by ZeGuy

Gray seems to improve with every game he doesn't play in some people's eyes.flashy runner with the ball, but no where near as good as some on here say. Schlupp 2, looks great until you realise that they have no football awareness. Been a lot better as a team with gray out of it

• Like 1

My son wanted Gray used and we all agreed that Mahrez was ineffectual. The point was that Gray asks questions and might somehow have helped find a bit more space for others.

But we can all be brilliant in hindsight and, but for conceding the sloppiest and totally unnecessary goal (much like one against Palace), we might well have earned the AET draw that would have sent us into penalties and perhaps onto a famous victory with a two-leg effort we'd have all been praising to the rafters. .

Even as it is, the result was an injustice but beneath any gloss it did show how much room there is for improvement. And, although he didn't play, that includes Gray.