Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Demarai Gray

Just now, Happy Fox said:

I was a bit surprised that Mahrez wasn't dropped tbh under Shakey.

I'm not, I don't think there is a great deal between where Grey is now and how Mahrez was playing. Mahrez on song it 10 times the player of Gray.

• Like 3

Just now, Babylon said:

I'm not, I don't think there is a great deal between where Grey is now and how Mahrez was playing. Mahrez on song it 10 times the player of Gray.

I fully agree an on song Mahrez is a much better player than Gray, I was thinking that dropping a half arsed Mahrez might have motivated him to perform better?

1 minute ago, Thracian said:

Someone with pace, strength, vision and precision. 

I want the x factor like Mahrez and Knockaert had. For so long we've had someone who can create from nothing and offers that something a little bit special. I think it's part of what has made us so good, the fact we have a wide range of attacking options. The crosser, the pace man, a big man, the trickster. Different ways to unlock defences.

37 minutes ago, Babylon said:

I want the x factor like Mahrez and Knockaert had. For so long we've had someone who can create from nothing and offers that something a little bit special. I think it's part of what has made us so good, the fact we have a wide range of attacking options. The crosser, the pace man, a big man, the trickster. Different ways to unlock defences.

When I think of my ideal wingers I  go to the likes of Ribery and Robben. There must be others with these kind of qualities. Xherdan Shaqiri's always caught my eye as a player who disturbs defences and scores/threatens goals for all that he seems a bit injury prone.        

1 hour ago, Thracian said:

When I think of my ideal wingers I  go to the likes of Ribery and Robben. There must be others with these kind of qualities. Xherdan Shaqiri's always caught my eye as a player who disturbs defences and scores/threatens goals for all that he seems a bit injury prone.        

And shit

i'm a bit indifferent to Grey

He's a got a bit of talent, seems to believe his own hype though

He makes awful decisions on whether to dribble, pass or shoot, although he rarely if ever passes, instead favouring to run into dead-ends in the box... Lacks the guile of Mahrez to unlock a defence & create a chance... He's certainly no replacement for Mahrez & unless he either learns to pass or shoot he's destined to be a pacey sub for the rest of his career

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, Babylon said:

James Nursey now saying there is no buyout clause, despite previously saying it was £12m and then again later saying £22m. lol

How Mr Nursey gets his "facts".

c36.png

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Babylon said:

James Nursey now saying there is no buyout clause, despite previously saying it was £12m and then again later saying £22m. lol

Obviously basing that on his squad number :rolleyes:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, cc_star said:

i'm a bit indifferent to Grey

He's a got a bit of talent, seems to believe his own hype though

He makes awful decisions on whether to dribble, pass or shoot, although he rarely if ever passes, instead favouring to run into dead-ends in the box... Lacks the guile of Mahrez to unlock a defence & create a chance... He's certainly no replacement for Mahrez & unless he either learns to pass or shoot he's destined to be a pacey sub for the rest of his career

BIB all things players grow out of with games, it won't change when all he gets are 10 min cameos and feels the need to do it all

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Babylon said:

I think we'd be mad not to add another winger, especially is we have no intention of using Musa. What sort of winger you add is the question.

if we keep mahrez & gray, i'd sign a left footed albrighton

On 11 July 2017 at 09:35, Happy Fox said:

I was a bit surprised that Mahrez wasn't dropped tbh under Shakey.

Mahrez was decent against Liverpool, Hull, West Ham, Palace, Arsenal, Watford and Man City during Shakespeare's caretaker stint, it was the muck served up under Ranieri that was beggars belief.

Am I the only 1 that thinks a young player chasing more game time should be cutting short his summer break to impress in pre season? By the looks of things(not included in the Thai tourney) he will probably miss like 75% of pre season leaving him well behind in terms of fitness and also will have missed a massive chunk of pre season to impress...I know people will say you wouldn't cut short your own holiday from work so why should he... well if I was a young hungry individual in a competitive work place I can honestly say I would, he seems like the kind of kid that expects his talent to be enough but unfortunately for him if you want to be the best you have to work harder than the rest!!!  

I read an article about Mino Riola the other day where he talked about nedved and how he would always say he wasn't the best footballer so he would work 10x harder than everyone else and he was his bench mark for success for all of his clients, he went on to say how when he took ibra on board he told him he can either have a career of picking up half decent amounts of money or he can be the best... ibra said he wanted to be the best and Riola told him if you want to be the best you have to train like Nedved... my point is I can never see some1 like Gray picking be the best same goes I couldn't imagine players wanting to be the best missing out on such an opportunity to impress like Gray is seemingly willing to do

1 minute ago, dbtcity said:

Am I the only 1 that thinks a young player chasing more game time should be cutting short his summer break to impress in pre season? By the looks of things(not included in the Thai tourney) he will probably miss like 75% of pre season leaving him well behind in terms of fitness and also will have missed a massive chunk of pre season to impress...I know people will say you wouldn't cut short your own holiday from work so why should he... well if I was a young hungry individual in a competitive work place I can honestly say I would, he seems like the kind of kid that expects his talent to be enough but unfortunately for him if you want to be the best you have to work harder than the rest!!!  

I read an article about Mino Riola the other day where he talked about nedved and how he would always say he wasn't the best footballer so he would work 10x harder than everyone else and he was his bench mark for success for all of his clients, he went on to say how when he took ibra on board he told him he can either have a career of picking up half decent amounts of money or he can be the best... ibra said he wanted to be the best and Riola told him if you want to be the best you have to train like Nedved... my point is I can never see some1 like Gray picking be the best same goes I couldn't imagine players wanting to be the best missing out on such an opportunity to impress like Gray is seemingly willing to do

To be fair Gray only finished playing an international tournament a couple of weeks ago. 

4 minutes ago, chuck'em said:

To be fair Gray only finished playing an international tournament a couple of weeks ago. 

still wasted opportunity in my eyes, Wes Morgan went though a much gruelling summer than what gray has a couple of seasons ago and still reported back ready to go after a week or 2, my point is if he wants 1st team football as much as he says sitting by the pool in Dubai whilst his competition get a massive head start on him is doing him zero favours

6 minutes ago, dbtcity said:

still wasted opportunity in my eyes, Wes Morgan went though a much gruelling summer than what gray has a couple of seasons ago and still reported back ready to go after a week or 2, my point is if he wants 1st team football as much as he says sitting by the pool in Dubai whilst his competition get a massive head start on him is doing him zero favours

I'm pretty sure our physics and sport psychologists will have a better idea of when it's a good time for a specific individual to have time off and a rest to try and get their fitness up and stop over-training/burnout than some random person on an internet forum tbf.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sampson said:

I'm pretty sure our physics and sport psychologists will have a better idea of when it's a good time for a specific individual to have time off and a rest to try and get their fitness up and stop over-training/burnout than some random person on an internet forum tbf.

Good shout I guess he has no say in the matter.... he's a young lad that hardly played last season I doubt he's on the edge of burnout :nigel:

26 minutes ago, dbtcity said:

Good shout I guess he has no say in the matter.... he's a young lad that hardly played last season I doubt he's on the edge of burnout :nigel:

He's just come back from an international tournament when everyone else was having time off. He still trains every day last season and during the time everyone else had off and he played plenty last season.

Have you ever done any form of exercise? It's extremely hard not to burnout when you're training constantly. You need time off every now and again. Not to mention training all year round with no break increases risk of injury.

He almost certainly would've talked it over with the sport science team and physios and they would've decided what was best for the individual.  

Think you're looking for reasons to beat him over the head with. He won't have just been given time off for no reason.

Edited by Sampson
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Sampson said:

He's just come back from an international tournament when everyone else was having time off. He still trains every day last season and during the time everyone else had off and he played plenty last season.

Have you ever done any form of exercise? It's extremely hard not to burnout when you're training constantly. You need time off every now and again. Not to mention training all year round with no break increases risk of injury.

He almost certainly would've talked it over with the sport science team and physios and they would've decided what was best for the individual.  

Think you're looking for reasons to beat him over the head with. He won't have just been given time off for no reason.

Looking for reasons to beat him over the head with is definitely not what I'm doing I want him to make it here and he undoubtedly has talent but I feel if he put as much effort into impressing folk at the club as he does whining on social media he'd probably get the game time he wants, like I say being at the club for such an important time would help him achieve what he wants where as sunning himself up won't regardless of how you want to spin it that is a fact, I get he's played in an international tournament but missing this part of pre season will have a massive knock on effect for the next few months for him

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Rasmic123 said:

What a load of bollocks 

Care to expand? Mahrez was well off the pace last season and you know it. Gray got more assists and average same goals frommopen play per minute as him.

At his best Mahrez is the better player by an absolute mile, be he wasn't at his best.

• 2 months later...