Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Matt_Lcfc

Jamie Vardy?

4 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

Feel sorry for him, as service is non-existent, but then I wonder if he is the reason. I think we have a mentality that if he is on the pitch with Okazaki, we have to play only long balls or quick passes in the channels which every team in England knows about now. Vardy obviously hasn't helped by not running as much, but he is getting older which makes his 100k a week seem great.

Slimani comes on and we know long balls over the top and in the channels wont work with him (although he can probably do that role, fast as a big man), so start passing along the ground, with quick exchanges to whip a cross in WITH SOMEONE ACTUALLY BEING AIMED AT and defences struggle. He is a big guy but he can also move quite quickly, and links up well.

Vardy and Slimani still could work, but right now it's Slimani and either Okazaki/Gray/Mahrez behind him for me.

He has nothing to feed off. King and Amartey will never supply him with great through balls. And Mahrez, frankly this season has been fookin shite. I mean that...he's been absolutely awful in the league.

If we didn't know what he could play like, (if we had signed Mahrez THIS season) we'd all be thinking wtf have we signed this chump for.

It is AMAZING how the league player of the season, last year, can go off as much as this.

In fact, it's embaressing,

2 minutes ago, ttfn said:

Slimani's movement is a million times better than Vardy's at the moment. He's successfully pulling centre backs around, which even if he's not scoring is at least benefiting the team. 

Vardy is offering literally nothing at the moment. It's all well and good saying he doesn't get any service but in the time he's not scored Slimani has scored 5 and Okazaki 4. Even Musa's got 2 goals. We look like a much better side without him in it and before Boro scored their second against the run of the play we were starting to play some decent stuff around the edge of the box.

Pretty much this. The lack of service statement doesn't hold much weight.

Just now, ealingfox said:

I thought this until last week but it's a two-way street. He isn't making half the runs he was making last season and he isn't doing as much pressing either. A lot of the time he's stood around in the oppo half waiting for a pass that isn't coming.

As I said earlier he's playing like Beckford did for us. No (or when it does come, unintelligent) movement, poor touch, little pressing.

1 minute ago, Col city fan said:

He has nothing to feed off. King and Amartey will never supply him with great through balls. And Mahrez, frankly this season has been fookin shite. I mean that...he's been absolutely awful in the league.

If we didn't know what he could play like, (if we had signed Mahrez THIS season) we'd all be thinking wtf have we signed this chump for.

It is AMAZING how the league player of the season, last year, can go off as much as this.

Luckily he's contributed far more than Vardy this season then.

11 minutes ago, shade said:

i still maintain we're creating absolutely nothing for him at all, his form is a symptom of our team performance, not the cause.

The same with slimani. The only deference is that slim can score from half a chance. And it seems that slim have a better work rate then vards atm

Just now, Col city fan said:

How has Mahrez contributed 'far more'?

In what way?

Or is this yet another throwaway statement.

Erm?.....

Goals and match winning performances in the Champions league.

Goals in the prem from the penalty spot.

Some assists.

Some times a flash of effort and skill.

What has Vardy done? Don't put it down to service being as Musa, Oka and Slim have all bagged. How much effort is he putting in? At least SOMETIMES mahrez looks mildy arsed. This blind faith in Vardy is letting us down, how long do you persist with him? Seriously? He's done naff all. Can't dine out on last season for the rest of this one. No point attacking Mahrez when he is having to defend so much too, in a team like Chelsea he would be a world beater

8 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Yeah. A chump with 7 goals( I know. 5 pens). 2 assists. 4 goals and an assists out of the 7 goals that the team scored in the CL. At least 3 game wining displays and 3 MOTMs. You are talking like he did nothing :dry:

5 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

How has Mahrez contributed 'far more'?

In what way?

Or is this yet another throwaway statement.

Mahrez has been bagging penalties col.

Seems on here if Nugent bagged they did not count.

But everyone by Mahez is a mega finish.

I really thought you had been on here long enough to know.

3 minutes ago, the fox said:

Yeah. A chump with 7 goals( I know. 5 pens). 2 assists. 4 goals and an assists out of the 7 goals that the team scored in the CL. At least 3 game wining displays and 3 MOTMs. You are talking like he did nothing :dry:

Absolutely this. Don't disagree with you often Col but this is a Vardy thread and to come on here and claim Mahrez is worse, given the obvious difference in contribution is just plain wrong. 

12 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

Absolutely this. Don't disagree with you often Col but this is a Vardy thread and to come on here and claim Mahrez is worse, given the obvious difference in contribution is just plain wrong. 

I'm comparing Mahrez of this season with Mahrez of last season.

Completely different player. And I mean, completely different.

42 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

Erm?.....

Goals and match winning performances in the Champions league.

Goals in the prem from the penalty spot.

Some assists.

Some times a flash of effort and skill.

What has Vardy done? Don't put it down to service being as Musa, Oka and Slim have all bagged. How much effort is he putting in? At least SOMETIMES mahrez looks mildy arsed. This blind faith in Vardy is letting us down, how long do you persist with him? Seriously? He's done naff all. Can't dine out on last season for the rest of this one. No point attacking Mahrez when he is having to defend so much too, in a team like Chelsea he would be a world beater

Mahez has been scoring the penalties vardy has been winning. Maybe vardy should start taking the penalties he wins to get people off his back over this goal drought, as harry kane did this season. If he had taken the pens and now had 7 goals would people suddenly say hes played well. Although he hasn't played as poorly as people make out this season. He has won penalties, he has won free kicks from good individual  runs that have resulted in goals, he has set up good chances for others that have then been missed. 

Overall this season the service to him has been shocking, im sure the 2 goals he has scored have been from passes from the opposing  team rather then a Leicester player. Wasnt there a stat that said mahez  had only made one pass to him in 6 weeks. There are times he makes a run but the pass never comes or is over hit. Up until last week when swansea were bottom, on average this season  they still had a better pass completion rate, more possession ,  more tackles, more interceptions, more chances created, more shots etc per match. This just shows how bad we have been as a whole this season in the league, I think the main problem is the midfield and nothing will change until this is sorted out. I could understand the vardy criticism if we were actually creating lots of chances and he was missing but we are not . 

1 minute ago, foxinmyhouse said:

Mahez has been scoring the penalties vardy has been winning. Maybe vardy should start taking the penalties he wins to get people off his back over this goal drought, as harry kane did this season. If he had taken the pens and now had 7 goals would people suddenly say hes played well. Although he hasn't played as poorly as people make out this season. He has won penalties, he has won free kicks from good individual  runs that have resulted in goals, he has set up good chances for others that have then been missed. 

Overall this season the service to him has been shocking, im sure the 2 goals he has scored have been from passes from the opposing  team rather then a Leicester player. Wasnt there a stat that said mahez  had only made one pass to him in 6 weeks. There are times he makes a run but the pass never comes or is over hit. Up until last week when swansea were bottom, on average this season  they still had a better pass completion rate, more possession ,  more tackles, more interceptions, more chances created, more shots etc per match. This just shows how bad we have been as a whole this season in the league, I think the main problem is the midfield and nothing will change until this is sorted out. I could understand the vardy criticism if we were actually creating lots of chances and he was missing but we are not . 

Agree with many of those points but Slimani goal record this season hadn't been shabby at all. Still all of the same factors in play as above. Vardy hasn't been good enough. 8 touches today. No commitment to track back, closing down. No appetite for the chase and looks like he's lost a yard to me too. Don't think we should be blindly playing him waiting for him to find form when we do have Slimani who still manages to find the net on occasion. Service certainly has been poor but Vardy doesn't help himself, he's expecting the service he had last season but it's not possible because other teams are now wise to it. If he isn't a one trick pony he needs to work harder on finding another way to get the goals. 

`Part of Vardy not getting the service is because he doesn't make the runs or create possession for himself and the team like he used to. Half hearted jumps to balls up to him and jogs around up top rather than putting the fear of god into defenders and winning possession and territory from seemingly lost causes. Doesn't look motivated at all. Bench.

1 minute ago, Mike Oxlong said:

`Part of Vardy not getting the service is because he doesn't make the runs or create possession for himself and the team like he used to. Half hearted jumps to balls up to him and jogs around up top rather than putting the fear of god into defenders and winning possession and territory from seemingly lost causes. Doesn't look motivated at all. Bench.

He made runs at two different times but both Albrighton and Mahrez kept hold of the ball instead.

1 hour ago, Col city fan said:

I'm comparing Mahrez of this season with Mahrez of last season.

Completely different player. And I mean, completely different.

It's very odd that two of our three best players, have frozen this season. The third joined Chelsea. It's also very worrying, that collectively we are not even a shadow of last season's wonderful side.

3 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

He made runs at two different times but both Albrighton and Mahrez kept hold of the ball instead.

Wow! Two whole times!

Not every run he makes is going to be picked out by a through ball. You make enough good ones and eventually somebody will find you.

Yet again, both the quantity and quality of his movement when we had possession was sorely lacking.

Is Vardy injured? Does he have a long-term groin injury? Clearly not moving as much or with the same intensity as in previous seasons.

In his book he said he hardly trained during the great escape - had to have injections to get through the games. Just doesn't seem like the same player at the moment.

7 minutes ago, ttfn said:

Wow! Two whole times!

Not every run he makes is going to be picked out by a through ball. You make enough good ones and eventually somebody will find you.

Yet again, both the quantity and quality of his movement when we had possession was sorely lacking.

I'm guessing Vardy is possibly not running as much because he knows the through balls ARENT coming.

Our midfield creativity is fookin awful this season.

Archived