Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Matt_Lcfc

Jamie Vardy?

I expect him too keep making the runs to give us an option. Not to effectively down tools because he isn't getting every ball he wants. And if the ball isn't played in repeatedly then sort it out in the team video review of the match. He's not worth a starting place if we don't play to his strengths but his responsibility is to play with the same motivation and intensity that we know he is capable of whilst he's on the pitch. That's what we're paying him handsomely for.

I don't know whether CR has tried to change his style of play or not but we he isn't playing to the style that got him where he is today. 

Watching him play now he'll be standing around on the halfway line doing a lot of pointing & passing men onto others. He doesn't chase & pressure players like he used to which forced them into mistakes or putting the ball out of play. He isn't hanging onto the last man playing on the shoulder waiting to be slid through, he's dropping deep and getting into positions which doesn't benefit him or the team. 

He's become easy now to play against, it doesn't help that our midfield & defenders just hoof the ball up to him (god knows what they expect him to do with it) I feel sorry for him I really do as he isn't getting the service that he was. But I also want him to go back to the way he used to play, he set the tone for us pressing, pressuring & harrying. Now all teams do is pass the ball around him whilst he goes through the motions at looking like putting a bit of effort in.

Just now, Steve_Walsh5 said:

I don't know whether CR has tried to change his style of play or not but we he isn't playing to the style that got him where he is today. 

Watching him play now he'll be standing around on the halfway line doing a lot of pointing & passing men onto others. He doesn't chase & pressure players like he used to which forced them into mistakes or putting the ball out of play. He isn't hanging onto the last man playing on the shoulder waiting to be slid through, he's dropping deep and getting into positions which doesn't benefit him or the team. 

He's become easy now to play against, it doesn't help that our midfield & defenders just hoof the ball up to him (god knows what they expect him to do with it) I feel sorry for him I really do as he isn't getting the service that he was. But I also want him to go back to the way he used to play, he set the tone for us pressing, pressuring & harrying. Now all teams do is pass the ball around him whilst he goes through the motions at looking like putting a bit of effort in.

It's all gone downhill since he got in the England squad. It changed him. 

58 minutes ago, ttfn said:

Wow! Two whole times!

Not every run he makes is going to be picked out by a through ball. You make enough good ones and eventually somebody will find you.

Yet again, both the quantity and quality of his movement when we had possession was sorely lacking.

Just saying he actually did move so no need to act like that. Everybody is shit, it's not just Vardy... We don't have a player that creates chances.

48 minutes ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

I thought he was more like his old self last Tuesday (was hoping it would be the start of his return to form), but doesn't seem to be doing it in the league. It's a mystery.

4 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

He is our Rooney

Overpaid and over-rated, don't see it sorry.

We've seemed to have changed our playing style a bit now Vardy doesn't have much room behind opposition defenders now other teams know how he plays.

52 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

It's all gone downhill since he got in the England squad. It changed him. 

He got into the England squad in May 2015. Since then he's scored 26 Premier League goals and been inspirational in us winning the title.

Just now, deep blue said:

I thought he was more like his old self last Tuesday (was hoping it would be the start of his return to form), but doesn't seem to be doing it in the league. It's a mystery.

It's no mystery! Why are people finding this so hard to understand? Our Champs League group was a piece of piss. The Premier League is miles better. The standard is far superior.

Vardy is not getting any ammo in the Prem league because we are playing so badly. There is no fluency. The quickness has gone, the sharpness, the counter attacking with pace. We have a midfield that can neither defend very well, not attack with conviction. Mahrez looks a different player to last season.

All the ingredients that Vardy thrives on (speed, incision, making the opposition unsure what you are gonna do) has gone. And so therefore has Vardy's game. 

Vardy should have gone to Arsenal. He'd have been playing in front of Ozil and Sanchez. Today, he was playing in front of Amartey and King.

If he'd have moved, I think he'd be on 6/7 goals for the season by now.

1 hour ago, Col city fan said:

I'm guessing Vardy is possibly not running as much because he knows the through balls ARENT coming.

Our midfield creativity is fookin awful this season.

He's not really been moving since day 1 though (when he did actually get several good opportunities). It's not like he's taken a look at the midfield and gone "what's the point?", he's playing just the same now as he was in August.

17 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Just saying he actually did move so no need to act like that. Everybody is shit, it's not just Vardy... We don't have a player that creates chances.

It's a two-way street though. You have to move to make space for the chances to be created. 

So much of last season was about his movement, pace, desire and intensity. Not just for him but the whole team. All 4 are lacking.

1 minute ago, ttfn said:

It's a two-way street though. You have to move to make space for the chances to be created. 

So much of last season was about his movement, pace, desire and intensity. Not just for him but the whole team. All 4 are lacking.

As is the final ball. I think any striker would lose a little motivation in the end.

After last season, playing in front of this lot must be a little soul destroying I'd imagine.

Archived