Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Matt_Lcfc

Jamie Vardy?

Thought England actually started passing to Vardy, which is a first. Super header as well, and earned the peno. Also, we actually pressed as a team (which you won't get with Sturridge), and looked like we had a plan (pressy-munchkin-Leicester-style!)

Kudos to Southgate anyway, even when it was painful at the back, you could see what they were trying to do.

18 hours ago, WigstonWanderer said:

Probably got the night shift for the nipper.

Good confidence building performance and great goal. If I was being picky I'd say he still isn't showing the quality that he did last season. Looked much more lively and involved though. Let's hope that carries over to his club form.

I had kind of forgotten the baby actually. It makes sense as one of a number factors contributing to his recent drought. Which is an ex-drought, obviously! :thumbup:

He defo looked pretty good last night, anyway

Interestingly, he looked up for it for England where he hasn't quite had that zeal for us recently. I loved the celebration of the goal...showed he'd planned it with the other England lads, which shows to me he's fitting in. 

I have a feeling he's not too far off a hat trick for Leicester. IF we can give him the right supply, if he scores one he'll go on to score many more I think. It's confidence and supply.

1 minute ago, Col city fan said:

Interestingly, he looked up for it for England where he hasn't quite had that zeal for us recently. I loved the celebration of the goal...showed he'd planned it with the other England lads, which shows to me he's fitting in. 

I have a feeling he's not too far off a hat trick for Leicester. IF we can give him the right supply, if he scores one he'll go on to score many more I think. It's confidence and supply.

fcking hell, a goal would be a start!

I'm optimistic that Vardy's going to go on a scoring rampage, he'll be chomping on the bit for Saturday. You could see the confidence flooding though his veins after he scored. Just hope we can give him some supply, it's going to be tricky as Watford will try and swamp the midfield (knowing that's our weakness at the moment).

On 11/17/2016 at 13:10, Mike Oxlong said:

In depth article as to why Jamie's been a bit loose in the box recently

Surgery to improve finishing

The bit about wanting Jamie to go for the snip because her body can't take any more pregnancies concerned me..

She's had 4 kids yes, but Jamie's only had 2. Surely getting her tubes tied would be a more reasonable option? :unsure:

I thought he looked a bit sharper on Saturday,  especially first half.

I just read that he hasn't had a shot on target in the league since September 10 which is absolutely incredible. We've had 8 matches since then.

21 minutes ago, ttfn said:

I thought he looked a bit sharper on Saturday,  especially first half.

I just read that he hasn't had a shot on target in the league since September 10 which is absolutely incredible. We've had 8 matches since then.

Agree - I also noticed he dropped off and looked for the ball short which I haven't seen him do in a while.

We looked more dangerous when we went to 4-2-3-1 in the second half and that's how I'd start against Bruges, it's a free hit essentially so work on a formation which might create us more chances.

we just need to go back to what we did last season, quick threaded passes for him to run onto played along the ground not the lump balls that are constantly being hit, you saw Vs Spain the Vardy of last season is just waiting to break back out

Poor again, added nothing to the team. I  don't think he's had a good game this season and it's the end of November. 

Movement off the ball is absolutely shocking most games. Reminds me of Beckford's time with us (obviously with a lot more goodwill). 

Bin for a month. Definitely shouldn't be starting. We have persisted long enough. Currently adds nothing. Slimani did more in 25 mins today than Vardy has done in a long time. Seems to have lost his work ethic, doesn't chase, lost a yard of pace, doesn't help the midfield, looks nakard. Bin.

Feel sorry for him, as service is non-existent, but then I wonder if he is the reason. I think we have a mentality that if he is on the pitch with Okazaki, we have to play only long balls or quick passes in the channels which every team in England knows about now. Vardy obviously hasn't helped by not running as much, but he is getting older which makes his 100k a week seem great.

Slimani comes on and we know long balls over the top and in the channels wont work with him (although he can probably do that role, fast as a big man), so start passing along the ground, with quick exchanges to whip a cross in WITH SOMEONE ACTUALLY BEING AIMED AT and defences struggle. He is a big guy but he can also move quite quickly, and links up well.

Vardy and Slimani still could work, but right now it's Slimani and either Okazaki/Gray/Mahrez behind him for me.

1 minute ago, lgfualol said:

Feel sorry for him, as service is non-existent, but then I wonder if he is the reason. I think we have a mentality that if he is on the pitch with Okazaki, we have to play only long balls or quick passes in the channels which every team in England knows about now. Vardy obviously hasn't helped by not running as much, but he is getting older which makes his 100k a week seem great.

Slimani comes on and we know long balls over the top and in the channels wont work, so start passing along the ground, with quick exchanges to whip a cross in WITH SOMEONE ACTUALLY BEING AIMED AT and defences struggle. He is a big guy but he can also move quite quickly, and links up well.

Vardy and Slimani still could work, but right now it's Slimani and either Okazaki/Gray/Mahrez behind him for me.

Slimani's movement is a million times better than Vardy's at the moment. He's successfully pulling centre backs around, which even if he's not scoring is at least benefiting the team. 

Vardy is offering literally nothing at the moment. It's all well and good saying he doesn't get any service but in the time he's not scored Slimani has scored 5 and Okazaki 4. Even Musa's got 2 goals. We look like a much better side without him in it and before Boro scored their second against the run of the play we were starting to play some decent stuff around the edge of the box.

Just now, shade said:

i still maintain we're creating absolutely nothing for him at all, his form is a symptom of our team performance, not the cause.

I thought this until last week but it's a two-way street. He isn't making half the runs he was making last season and he isn't doing as much pressing either. A lot of the time he's stood around in the oppo half waiting for a pass that isn't coming.

Archived