Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Matt_Lcfc

Jamie Vardy?

In hindsight, he really should have moved to Arsenal. Zero creativity in our midfield at the moment, it must be so frustrating to play with. King and Amartey are getting a lot of stick but it all comes down to the manager...Ranieri knows that they are simple sideway footballers, we NEEDED another midfielder (Silva) that can create something out of nothing.

January can't come quick enough. 

4 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

As is the final ball. I think any striker would lose a little motivation in the end.

After last season, playing in front of this lot must be a little soul destroying I'd imagine.

But as I said in a direct reply to you earlier, this isn't a recent development.

It's the end of November and I don't think he's put in one performance of any particular note. Its not like he's suddenly given up, he's been poor all season.

Slimani and Okazaki have each scored a handful of goals in the time since Vardy last scored; the service isn't that bad.

5 minutes ago, ttfn said:

But as I said in a direct reply to you earlier, this isn't a recent development.

It's the end of November and I don't think he's put in one performance of any particular note. Its not like he's suddenly given up, he's been poor all season.

Slimani and Okazaki have each scored a handful of goals in the time since Vardy last scored; the service isn't that bad.

How many goals are Slim and Oka on? League goals?

6 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

How many goals are Slim and Oka on? League goals?

Why are we just talking about league goals now? Vardy's lack of contribution extends to all competitions. 

That said Slimani has still managed 4 league goals since Vardy last had a shot on target.

1 minute ago, ttfn said:

Why are we just talking about league goals now? Vardy's lack of contribution extends to all competitions. 

That said Slimani has still managed 4 league goals since Vardy last had a shot on target.

And does 4 league goals constitute good supply to ANY of the strikers?

You do realize that the team that contains one of last season's leading goal scorers and has been added to with a nearly 30 million pound striker has actually scored less goals this season than West Bromwich Albion?

That to me implies a team making relatively few good chances.

I can forgive any player going through a lean spell if he's doing everything he can to fix it but Vardy just isn't working hard enough...not even close. He's not doing the basics and isn't even a nuisance to play against anymore.

I've defended him since the start of the season as I could see this being a tough season now he's a marked man but early on today he contributed **** all, not even something resembling desire and you just can't defend a total lack of heart.

5 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

You do realize that the team that contains one of last season's leading goal scorers and has been added to with a nearly 30 million pound striker has actually scored less goals this season than West Bromwich Albion?

4's not bad.

I never said the supply was good; I said it wasn't that bad. 

Not it to mention the fact that my entire point is that the reason that we're not doing as well is largely due to the lack of performance of one of last year's leading goalscorers.

Vardy hasnt had had a shot on target for 11 weeks. That's not just bad service.

2 minutes ago, ttfn said:

the service isn't that bad.

Really? He received 5 passes today in all the time he was on the pitch 

Huth King Amartey Albrighton and Okazaki all with one pass each 

another game goes by without a pass from Mahrez 

As a team today 212 completed passes 125 of them backwards or square with 87 forwards 

For reference Middlesbrough completed 377 passes 183 of them forward 

we only attempted 331 passes in all directions the entire game

Mahrez had the chance to play him in for a typical ball today, it broke to Riyad around the Centre circle and Vardy immediately spun and started to go, Mahrez never even looked for that ball, last season it would have been sent through without hesitation.

The way we are "attacking" is starving him of any service, he was on his knees Tuesday with exhaustion, you have to question why basically the same side played again today

9 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

This part of making good chances

Just now, ttfn said:

4's not bad.

I never said the supply was good; I said it wasn't that bad. 

Not it to mention the fact that my entire point is that the reason that we're not doing as well is largely due to the lack of performance of one of last year's leading goalscorers.

Vardy hasnt had had a shot on target for 11 weeks. That's not just bad service.

Apart from scoring for England following a delicious cross, you mean. And looking dangerous pretty much all game?

Is 4 our leading goal scorer? Not great is it. And have we scored ANY goals from central midfield?

I think Vardy has gone right off form, yes....but I also think our supply to him is fookin pants. As it is to whoever we put up front in the main.

3 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

As a team today 212 completed passes 125 of them backwards or square with 87 forwards 

And there you go again. I don't think ttfn is listening here....

While the service to him has been terrible he also isn't going looking for the ball. As soon as Slimani came on he was moving across the front trying to give players an option to pass to. Vardy just stays bang in the middle and only moves to the sides to run in behind.

I think it would be best to either start Slimani and bring on Vardy when the defence is tired, or play Vardy behind Slimani and have him do the Okazaki role, sacrificing his chances infront of goal to be a pest and close the opposition down.

3 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

This is not a difficult point to understand.

Completion of a pass involves two people. The passer and the recipient.

If one player receives just 5 passes that suggests that the problem might be with him rather than everybody else. Sure, it's not all about Vardy, but in less than half the time on the pitch Slimani received 8 passes.

People aren't looking at him and deliberately ignoring him. He's rarely in position to receive a pass from a team mate, let alone in a dangerous position. Slimani came on and immediately simple 15 yard passes from

the midfield into the front line became available. 

Vardy used to be so good at finding space and working the channels. Now he just hangs around between the centre backs waiting for them to make a mistake.

4 hours ago, foxtillidrop said:

Is Vardy injured? Does he have a long-term groin injury? Clearly not moving as much or with the same intensity as in previous seasons.

In his book he said he hardly trained during the great escape - had to have injections to get through the games. Just doesn't seem like the same player at the moment.

In one of the england matches I can remember there being pictures in training where he had some sort of support around his  right knee/hamstring so maybe he is carrying some sort of injury.

Archived