Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Matt_Lcfc

Jamie Vardy?

Fair play to him he played well. I agree with the commentators though that Vardy last year would've hit his first chance which eventually won a penalty first time. 

It was good to see England playing to his strengths! 

3 hours ago, crazyleicester said:

Over to Claudio. How do you get him and Slimani in?!!!

Hmmm.

Fluid front three? Give them license to get in behind. Could put King in for Shinji if you wanted more solidity to protect the full backs.

-----------------------Slim------------------------

-Vardy------------Shinji---------Mahrez--

--------------Drinky------Amartey----------

3 hours ago, lee7 said:

Fair play to him he played well. I agree with the commentators though that Vardy last year would've hit his first chance which eventually won a penalty first time. 

It was good to see England playing to his strengths! 

2 hours ago, EnglishOxide said:

Hmmm.

Fluid front three? Give them license to get in behind. Could put King in for Shinji if you wanted more solidity to protect the full backs.

Burnley and Porto they worked very well together. Important thing is finding a place for Shinji or getting Slim to fill that role. 

7 hours ago, kyleolly said:

I noticed the eyes massive bags like he's been partying for months lol

Probably got the night shift for the nipper.

Good confidence building performance and great goal. If I was being picky I'd say he still isn't showing the quality that he did last season. Looked much more lively and involved though. Let's hope that carries over to his club form.

36 minutes ago, WigstonWanderer said:

Probably got the night shift for the nipper.

Good confidence building performance and great goal. If I was being picky I'd say he still isn't showing the quality that he did last season. Looked much more lively and involved though. Let's hope that carries over to his club form.

Does he share a room with Marcus Rashford?

Needed the whole experience. A start for England an assist and a goal will do wonders for his confidence and help dispel any doubts in his mind about committing to Leicester. It would have been very easy to drop Vardy from the squad after recent form as well.

Hopefully the lad kicks on Saturday.

Still not convinced he's the best man for the job but fair play to Southgate for starting Vards in his correct position and giving him a decent amount of time on the pitch. Paid off from an attacking point of view.

Vardy looked decent and hopefully gained a lot of confidence. Seemed happy with himself after the game which I like to see, not tow the line about how gutted he is that the team didn't hold onto the win.

15 hours ago, EnglishOxide said:

Hmmm.

Thats a fluid front 4 though. I dont think we can play Slimani, Vardy, Oka and Mahrez in the same side. Maybe this as a 433 but more stability added in midfield by having central mids who fill in when the fill backs get forward?

Kasper

Simpson - Huth - Wes - Fuchs 

Amartey - Drinkwater - King

Mahrez - Slimani - Vardy

First touch before he tumbled over for the pen was poor

The goal, right place at right time with his head.

Still not convinced he can play with a partner, he likes being the main man.

It's all to much Me Me Me instead of Team, Team, Team.

drea.gif

Archived