Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Matt_Lcfc

Jamie Vardy?

Right now i would sell Vardy and Mahrez as they are both doing bugger all. Its quite clear that Vardy aint getting the service from our league 1 midfield but at the same time he is doing nothing to help himself.

He was an arrogant dickhead before last season so god only knows what he is like now, being around someone like that in training/matchday must be unbearable.

There's no love between Vardy and Mahrez.

I heard rumours of this last season but its plain to see now the cracks are showing.

Footballing wise surely staff at the club should be discussing the reason WHY our top goalscorer isn't scoring or getting a sniff?

Lost the work rate and lost a yard of pace. Without those he is a complete dead weight.

Not writing him off yet as we've seen the good and bad with Vardy in his stint here already, but 4 years at £100k a week isn't looking so clever for us right now.

if we'd known we would abandon last seasons approach then we should definitely have flogged vardy to arsenal. he's a waste of space right now but its not his fault.

if no chances are being made for vardy why doesnt claudio change it to create more chances? he is hanging vardy out to dry at this rate.

Someone mentioned earlier about his movement. When a CM / the goalie picks up the ball, last year he didnt even need to look at the player on the ball in the eyes, he just knew what he had to do, spin his man and make a wrong.

Now, it's the complete opposite. He often makes a gesture with his hand almost telling the team to slow down, or he points out wide as if to say 'i dont want it'. Instead of chasing down hoof balls over the top from simpson, he's more interested in letting someone else carry the ball and goal hang. If he was scoring goals - fine, but as has been mentioned, he's not even come close to scoring since Liverpool

He's not interested in doing the hard yards for the team anymore in my opinion. 

I don't think vardys playing terrible meself,

think it's more our style of play as well as lack of service,and certain players not looking to play it over the top early so vardy can play to his strengths which is his pace and getting in behind,

we need to be playing to vardys strengths not 

vardy playing to our lack of strengths,

it goes hand in hand and what has been our strengths since the great escape,

changing our style has lost us that winning mentality on and off the pitch

It's fair to say every player especially a prolific goal scorer hits a barren spell at some point in the season or thereafter. In vardy's case it's made to look even worse since the rest of the supporting cast aren't playing near good enough either.

i'm sure the owners had no idea they would be in for this spectacular collapse of form so soon otherwise they would never have approved the new contracts.  From a business stand point they probably feel like they are getting mugged at the moment.

the clock is ticking on Ranieri and the players to turn this ship around.  The owners are experts in success and they won't tolerate failure especially when they've been so generous in their appreciation this summer!

9 minutes ago, cruzFOX said:

It's fair to say every player especially a prolific goal scorer hits a barren spell at some point in the season or thereafter. In vardy's case it's made to look even worse since the rest of the supporting cast aren't playing near good enough either.

i'm sure the owners had no idea they would be in for this spectacular collapse of form so soon otherwise they would never have approved the new contracts.  From a business stand point they probably feel like they are getting mugged at the moment.

the clock is ticking on Ranieri and the players to turn this ship around.  The owners are experts in success and they won't tolerate failure especially when they've been so generous in their appreciation this summer!

So what are the owners going to do with the under performing ones. The one's that have just picked up high wages for the next 3or 4 years?

I'm interested to know how the owners are going to sort this out?

Do people not think Vardy is doing what the manager has told him to do? If he wasn't he'd play slimani and Okazaki. Obviously he wants more goals but that will come how come nobody's slagging mahrez off for only finding Vardy once in the last 6 games? Nearly every player is getting a 6/10 every game that's why we're struggling.

34 minutes ago, sylofox said:

So what are the owners going to do with the under performing ones. The one's that have just picked up high wages for the next 3or 4 years?

I'm interested to know how the owners are going to sort this out?

Was you interested to know how the owners were going to sort it out when we won the league and vardy looked to be going to arsenal as did mehrez,

now we've hit a bad patch you want to know what there gonna do:rolleyes:

what do you want them to do?

they have kept the winning team together except kante who wanted to leave,

i would say they've just about done all the could,

all be it we needed an extra centre midfielder 

which they thought the had in mendy

59 minutes ago, Russell sprout said:

Was you interested to know how the owners were going to sort it out when we won the league and vardy looked to be going to arsenal as did mehrez,

Not really like now wait and see.

But I'm not the one talking like I know how they will sort this mess out.

Oh the normal reply is to answer a question.

Not to ignore it and ask more questions.

6 minutes ago, sylofox said:

Not really like now wait and see.

But I'm not the one talking like I know how they will sort this mess out.

Oh the normal reply is to answer a question.

Not to ignore it and ask more questions.

Ok here goes,

the owners have given the players hefty contracts,so your gonna have to put up or shut up,cuz I doubt there going anywhere soon if that's what your hoping,

as for improvements for the under performers,well as I said they've a hefty contract so hopefully they have morals and ain't gonna sit on a hefty wage,

now as for what are the owners going to do,

as stated they gave us what we wanted by retaining a winning squad,

unfortuntly things haven't planned out how we all hoped,

so im intrigued As to what you would do in there situation

8 minutes ago, Russell sprout said:

Ok here goes,

the owners have given the players hefty contracts,so your gonna have to put up or shut up,cuz I doubt there going anywhere soon if that's what your hoping,

as for improvements for the under performers,well as I said they've a hefty contract so hopefully they have morals and ain't gonna sit on a hefty wage,

now as for what are the owners going to do,

as stated they gave us what we wanted by retaining a winning squad,

unfortuntly things haven't planned out how we all hoped,

so im intrigued As to what you would do in there situation

I dont think it is down to the owners at the minute. CR is still here and needs to sort it.

I don't think CR has lost the dressing room but the longer this goes on it seems some players have a problem. Also some have it to easy. So for me they all need to grow up and wake up.

Both the owners and CR have made mistakes with playing staff and wages. No options in the back line a poor midfield and to long chasing forwards in the summer.

Perhaps the owners should show a little less loyalty to a group that have little loyalty to them or the club.

10 minutes ago, sylofox said:

I dont think it is down to the owners at the minute. CR is still here and needs to sort it.

I don't think CR has lost the dressing room but the longer this goes on it seems some players have a problem. Also some have it to easy. So for me they all need to grow up and wake up.

Both the owners and CR have made mistakes with playing staff and wages. No options in the back line a poor midfield and to long chasing forwards in the summer.

Perhaps the owners should show a little less loyalty to a group that have little loyalty to them or the club.

Without trying to sound funny you've gone from wanting to know how the owners are going to sort it to saying you don't think it's the owners fault,

and that cr needs to sort it,

i do think that pay rises and longer contracts have played a part this season,

but it's the same bunch who have just won the champions league group,

i wouldn't say the don't care,

but as fans and players we've had an unbelievable last 18 months and we've almost forgot what it's like to be a losing team,

now that that is the case,we seemed to have lost that winning mentality what we've became used to,

i think there's 1-2 bad apples in the camp at the minute but I fully believe cr and the team will get it right

2 hours ago, dannythefox said:

Do people not think Vardy is doing what the manager has told him to do? If he wasn't he'd play slimani and Okazaki. Obviously he wants more goals but that will come how come nobody's slagging mahrez off for only finding Vardy once in the last 6 games? Nearly every player is getting a 6/10 every game that's why we're struggling.

'Jamie, what you did last year which contributed to your 24 goals and us winning the title. This year, do the complete opposite. ok?'

6 minutes ago, Russell sprout said:

Without trying to sound funny you've gone from wanting to know how the owners are going to sort it so saying you don't think it's the owners fault,

and that cr needs to sort it,

i do think that pay rises and longer contracts have played a part this season,

but it's the same bunch who have just won the champions league group,

i wouldn't say the don't care,

but as fans and players we've had an unbelievable last 18 months and we've almost forgot what it's like to be a losing team,

now that that is the case,we seemed to have lost that winning mentality what we've became used to,

i think there's 1-2 bad apples in the camp at the minute but I fully believe cr and the team will get it right

You said the owners would sort it I asked how.

My point is the manager needs to sort this. The only thing the owners can do is sack the manager to sort it.

2 hours ago, Russell sprout said:

Absolutely right and no one on here has any idea who they wanted and couldn't get. 

8 hours ago, martyn said:

Lost the work rate and lost a yard of pace. Without those he is a complete dead weight.

Not writing him off yet as we've seen the good and bad with Vardy in his stint here already, but 4 years at £100k a week isn't looking so clever for us right now.

Even discounting current form it was pretty terrible business.

57 minutes ago, Russell sprout said:

Would you sack the manager then if you was the owner

From what we know no not at the minute. But we don't know what the owners do. We can't even be sure who is buying the players. Yes we know rudkin does the deal but that's about all. But I do feel we are in about the same state we was with Sven. Aging squad on high wages with a few attitudes.

2 minutes ago, sylofox said:

From what we know no not at the minute. But we don't know what the owners do. We can't even be sure who is buying the players. Yes we know rudkin does the deal but that's about all. But I do feel we are in about the same state we was with Sven. Aging squad on high wages with a few attitudes.

I wouldn't compare this squad and the manager with Sven and his,

claudio seems an honourable decent bloke who I'm in no doubt cares,he has passion,

sven ticks none of those boxes,

and sven's team is chalk and cheese to the current crop 

Archived