Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Matt_Lcfc

Jamie Vardy?

18 hours ago, m4DD0gg said:

Right now i would sell Vardy and Mahrez as they are both doing bugger all. Its quite clear that Vardy aint getting the service from our league 1 midfield but at the same time he is doing nothing to help himself.

He was an arrogant dickhead before last season so god only knows what he is like now, being around someone like that in training/matchday must be unbearable.

Week before that it was Musa who wasn't ever going to be a Prem player - now you'd sell our players who are having a run of bad form. The same players who's goals won you the title a few months ago.

Not only do you not stand by them, you abuse them.

Sorry but that's just blind stupidity.

1 minute ago, Russell sprout said:

I wouldn't compare this squad and the manager with Sven and his,

claudio seems an honourable decent bloke who I'm in no doubt cares,he has passion,

sven ticks none of those boxes,

and sven's team is chalk and cheese to the current crop 

only comparing it as in long contracts high wages and lets be honest right now who could we ship out. I dont think we would get many if any takers on most of our squad.

Wage + age + performance = not many sales.

31 minutes ago, sylofox said:

only comparing it as in long contracts high wages and lets be honest right now who could we ship out. I dont think we would get many if any takers on most of our squad.

Wage + age + performance = not many sales.

Just a few months ago this squad won us the first title ever.

And now they are crap? Too old and overpaid?

Do you really think so ? 

Hail them (when they are winning), crucify them (when they

are losing). Is that your motto?

Great!!

6 hours ago, Struwwelpeter60 said:

Just a few months ago this squad won us the first title ever.

And now they are crap? Too old and overpaid?

Do you really think so ? 

Hail them (when they are winning), crucify them (when they

are losing). Is that your motto?

Great!!

Where did i say anyone is crap?

What I am saying is the high wages and age of some of these players means other clubs will not be interested.

Also bar Drinky who is performing at last seasons level.

certainly not Wes, Huth, Vardy and Mahrez. Had you not noticed the players that won tha title 6 months ago now have us in a relegation battle.

I suppose you don't care if we go down then.

But don't claim I called our players crap when I have not. What I am saying is for the performance's they are giving it don't warrant the pay rises they all got in the summer. Or perhaps you think to double your wage and do less work is ok.

7 hours ago, Swan Lesta said:

Week before that it was Musa who wasn't ever going to be a Prem player - now you'd sell our players who are having a run of bad form. The same players who's goals won you the title a few months ago.

Not only do you not stand by them, you abuse them.

Sorry but that's just blind stupidity.

lol bothered.

Musa isnt all that at all and for some one being paid 100K PER WEEK you would like to think he would show a bit more enthusiasm.

I could accept Vardy playing crap this season if he showed the same level of enthusiasm, energy, and effort he has normally shown in previous seasons.  Even in his first ever season with us he was at least trying.

Now, he is not bothered one jot.  Doesn't run into the channels anymore stands off defenders lets them clear the ball, doesn't pressurise anyone.  Stands and points all game, what's that all about?

If earning a bigger contract, being part of the England set up is all responsible for this, then quite frankly he can clear off.

Give Ulloa a chance against Sunderland, he couldn't do any worse.

good strikers if they are not getting the service find a way to get the ball and score goals, he needs to show application and enthusiasm plus a willingness to get the ball and run with it and have shots at goal. don't just stand their and moan that you are not getting the ball ask for it, demand it and seek it out. find the space if their is non create it but always be active

The concerning thing is normally when a player is completely out of form they try harder and make mistakes through trying everything rather than not being involved. (Nedgrdo (sp) great example on Saturday who got a bit of luck off his finish). 

He's not doing that. That's a worry because you'd have question how hard he wants to work out of this slump.

So Vardy's Mrs in the last few weeks has been spouting about Vaginoplasty (vaginal tightening after birth) and now eating her Placenta in pill form. Don't you think that's a little bit too much detail?

Obviously Jamie will be pleased to hear about the Vagino:claudio:plasty no doubt!

I thought the MOTD piece on us yesterday was interesting (albeit not surprising to anybody who has watched us for more than 2 minutes this season).

Superficially it looked as if Vardy was as dangerous as last year - missed a couple of half chances with headers and at the end he won a corner when the defender was trying to shepherd the ball out of play. Alan Green (commentating) seemed to think that he was the same old Vardy, just on a bad run in front of goal.

The analysis following the highlights showed what has been obvious this season. The work rate simply isn't there. 2 of the examples they picked out showed Sunderland easily starting attacks because Vardy, standing 5 yards off the defenders, just let them make a simple pass rather than putting pressure on them.

An article in yesterday's Times showed that 3 of the top 10 forwards for "most sprints per 90 minutes" were Okazaki, Musa and Slimani: it seems pretty clear from that that a strong work ethic and intensity are desired from our forwards but there is one glaring absentee from that list and it is Jamie Vardy - the man who surely would have topped it 12 months ago.

Okazaki yesterday joined Slimani in scoring his 5th goal since Vardy last had a shot on target. The notion that the supply is not good enough just does not stack up any more. He's not getting in the right positions and when he does he's wasteful.

Shouldn't be anywhere near the first XI at the moment. He needs to remember what got him where he is - sheer hard work and raw intensity; when those 2 things come back into his game he'll be a key player for us. Without them he's a waste of a shirt.

Stuff that has changed since that magical time when Vardy was scaring the crap out of defences:

• He's run out of luck. Those two headers yesterday would have gone in during the streak.  

• He doesn't chase the opposition down as much. I miss those days. At least if he didn't score, it looked like he was trying.

• He jogs about a fair bit.  Mostly side to side.

• He points a *lot* to other players to go do the work he isn't doing.

• Drinky doesn't find him with the telling throughball because (when not suspended) he is busy being overrun in the middle, but also because Vardy doesn't make as many runs in the first place.

• Mahrez has stopped passing to him.  Mahrez appears generally to not much like passing to other players, anyway... nice stepovers, though.

• Slimani and Vardy have no chemistry. For those seeking an up to date and relevant point of reference, their partnership is Sam Fox and Mick Fleetwood. On a wet Thursday morning. 

• Albrighton doesn't put crosses in like he used to because he has lost his mojo.  When he cuts inside onto his good foot, defenders are already there waiting for him, because they just  *know* he's going to do it. Another potential source of service scuppered.

• Our defence all need a trip to the opticians to check out the eye defect that means that, in their field of vision, Vardy is 7 feet tall and towers over defenders, so it's OK to just lump it up to him to win in the air, then.

All in all, it's changed days.

What I wouldn't give for a break away counterattacking Jamie Vardy goal. How good would that be?

Sigh.

[reaches for the 2015/16 highlights DVD. Again]

21 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

What is this?

Sums up everything Vardy has become, he cares more about keeping his England place and amusing his wannabe wife than actually becoming a top level footballer on a consistent basis. She's doing this to stay relevant as no one gives a **** about Vardy anymore and she needs to keep her OK magazine column going. 

Archived