Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Trump Triumphs

1978 Ceauscescu
1994 Mugabe
2002 Assad
2003 Putin
2007 King Abdullah
2015 Xi Jinping

Pretty sure the Queen can cope with Trump.

22 minutes ago, MattP said:

1978 Ceauscescu
1994 Mugabe
2002 Assad
2003 Putin
2007 King Abdullah
2015 Xi Jinping

Pretty sure the Queen can cope with Trump.

Wait, I know this.... players that won the Golden Boot playing for a second tier club?

Oh, and something a bit hidden amongst all the other stuff going on: apparently Steve Bannon is going to be on this administrations security council.

Good grief.

I think I read that the joint chief of staff for the military is now not guaranteed a place at the table for these meetings. Madness.

13 hours ago, Strokes said:

These protests are testament to that, I've just looked at a few on Facebook, Leicester has no more than a hundred soap dodgers and Leeds no more than 200. See it's so easy to sign these faceless petitions these days, with no effort or thought due to its online nature. If people had to go to their village hall to fill it out, I bet this petition would have got less than 10,000 signatures......I might set up an online petition, calling for online petitions to be banned.

This reminded me of a think-piece I listened to a few months ago. Perhaps you'll be ineterested in it.

It struck me as a little elitist in that I thought he was rather too dismissive of public engagement in politics, but at the same time I thought he had a point about petition culture.

Some of the causes that we are asked to support can be so vacuous in the simplistic way in which they address a problem. I'm talking about petitions that ask merely ask us to express disapproval at something at which most would obviously disapprove.

8 minutes ago, Harry - LCFC said:

This reminded of a think-piece I listened to a few months ago. Perhaps you'll be ineterested in it.

It struck me as a little elitist in that I thought he was rather too dismissive of public engagement in politics, but at the same time I thought he had a point about petition culture.

Some of the causes that we are asked to support can be so vacuous in the simplistic way in which they address a problem. I'm talking about petitions that ask merely ask us to express disapproval at something at which most would obviously disapprove.

I can't watch right now, signal is bad but I'll take a look, thanks :thumbup:

He's fired the attorney general and later on today is tearing up some climate change shit.

Can't believe the pace he's doing it at, you can tell he's never worked in the public sector. 

18 minutes ago, MattP said:

He's fired the attorney general and later on today is tearing up some climate change shit.

Can't believe the pace he's doing it at, you can tell he's never worked in the public sector. 

The pace isn't what's impressive it's the blindness!

Uncompromising men are easy to admire but it doesn't make their actions admirable in my book, it just means they're decisive which often means a lack of research, knowledge and consideration....

In fairness though, the Attorney Generals hand was forced. At the end of the day she did her job and that was question the legality of the executive order - sadly though, that was always going to result in dismissal.... The Tribunal though will be literally priceless! 

14 hours ago, Barky said:

I bet if the eu referendum was online only it would have been a clear remain vote. Banning technology is certainly one way to make sure old fashioned principles are kept alive. 

And if it was required that everyone entitled had to registered their vote, the Brexiteers might well have been stronger.

Not that guessing this or that matters. The vote's been taken. Remain lost.

1 hour ago, Swan Lesta said:

The pace isn't what's impressive it's the blindness!

Uncompromising men are easy to admire but it doesn't make their actions admirable in my book, it just means they're decisive which often means a lack of research, knowledge and consideration....

In fairness though, the Attorney Generals hand was forced. At the end of the day she did her job and that was question the legality of the executive order - sadly though, that was always going to result in dismissal.... The Tribunal though will be literally priceless! 

I wasn't expressing any admiration, just my amazement at the speed of which he is doing things. (And a quick hook or troll of public sector workers which people have been too smart to bite on)

Most Presidents tend to lie low in the first 100 days, he seems to want to do four years work in it.

Just now, MattP said:

I wasn't expressing any admiration, just my amazement at the speed of which he is doing things. (And a quick hook or troll of public sector workers which people have been too smart to bite on)

Most Presidents tend to lie low in the first 100 days, he seems to want to do four years work in it.

Sure, after I posted it, I re-read my post and wondered if you would think I was implying that - I wasn't or at least didn't mean to do so!

23 minutes ago, MattP said:

I liked your public sector quip - made me chuckle.

I guess Trump is used to being decisive, getting stuff done and not fvcking about, and he's bringing these skills into his new role. Whether I agree with his decisions or not, I find it quite refreshing to see a politician taking action and not fannying around. Having a POTUS from the private sector business background could signify a new way of doing things. I'm intrigued to see how it all pans out...

55 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

I guess Trump is used to being decisive, getting stuff done and not fvcking about, and he's bringing these skills into his new role. Whether I agree with his decisions or not, I find it quite refreshing to see a politician taking action and not fannying around. Having a POTUS from the private sector business background could signify a new way of doing things. I'm intrigued to see how it all pans out...

Good point.  Also he's one of the first POTUS to actually, be it with real haste, implement elements of their pledges / manifesto straight away. No fluff, no sitting around enjoying the benefits of being POTUS without any action.  Just straight in, no hanging around.

None of what he is doing is a shock though.  Also its not a shock the BBC and left liberal crowd they appeal to, are currently apoplectic about him. The BBC are like a person literally shaking uncontrollably with anger, made much worse as they are powerless to stop whats happening.

1 hour ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

True. Peter Taylor took six months. Would've been so much better if he'd quit fannying around and replaced Lennon with Junior Lewis straight away.

Archived