Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
AKCJ

Who do you want? - Jan 2017

4 minutes ago, Simo86 said:

He'll be trying to force a move to a top 6 club. We'd be a sideways step for him.

United have been linked with him previously.

He's been sitting on the bench this season and thats why he's handed a transfer request.

Thats what the rumours were earlier this season. 

Id still at least make an attempt to sign him.

14 minutes ago, Mrfox452 said:

Fonte has handed a transfer request.

Was very impressive at the euros. I'd take him as a short term replacement.

I'd like that. A bit more cover and stability but it'd still leave us needing a younger centre back.

He'd certainly do until the summer in 2018. He's a good player who knows how to actually pass it.

3 minutes ago, Mrfox452 said:

He's been sitting on the bench this season and thats why he's handed a transfer request.

Thats what the rumours were earlier this season. 

Id still at least make an attempt to sign him.

He's started 15 out of 20 games in the league this season?

8 minutes ago, Simo86 said:

He's started 15 out of 20 games in the league this season?

lol

My bad, I swear i read a few months ago he was told that he was gonna only gonna be played in the europa league and thats why he was unhappy.

Just now, Mrfox452 said:

But he is better than both of our centre backs. IMO. 

I would agree but why not spend that money on a younger CB? He isn't going to be sold cheaply. They would still demand a good figure for him.

9 hours ago, bpfox said:

I have a funny feeling that apart from ndidi we will end up with nothing more. we completely missed the boat with summer signings and this one seems it will go the same way pear shaped.

If it's a choice of either signing no more players, or filling the squad with

mediocre buys who won't improve our starting 11, then I would rather we

didn't sign anyone else.

1 minute ago, Spiritwalker said:

didn't sign anyone else.

I'd be very surprised if we were finished. I still think there's one or two more coming in. 

2 minutes ago, Spiritwalker said:

Yes me to, I'm just not too excited about some of the names being mentioned.

I'm interested in both the CBs we've been linked with. I'm not too familiar with them but I feel we need more mobility and technical ability in that area. Put it this way, 36 year-old Wasilewski is our second choice CB. 

21 hours ago, Spiritwalker said:

didn't sign anyone else.

that's my whole point, we need to sign top class players and in the summer we did not do that thus are position in the ladder. spent 120 million on some real class. also sell some of the fringe players recoup 30-40 million.

On ‎5‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 02:40, RoyFox said:

The only inside info I've ever had, was in mid December from a well known person within the club, we will be doing everything we can to get a CB (seems like Acerbi or Natastic) and 2xCM in Jan (Ndidi and hopefully a more creative midfielder who can assist Vardy).

Also another guy who told us about Ndidi before anyone else, reckons we'll try and get a striker if possible too this window.

I hope ur 100% right with that sort of recruitment I think we could end up in a top 10 position, also we could go to the last eight of the champs cup.

2 hours ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

I swear Jenkinson was good at his first stint at West Ham? What's happened?

I'd take him on 6 month loan with view to do a permament deal in the Summer if he impresses. 

Only 24 and so got his best years to come and potentially a step up from Simpson. We need two decent players for every position and I still wouldn't count Hernandez as a RB

39 minutes ago, bpfox said:

I hope ur 100% right with that sort of recruitment I think we could end up in a top 10 position, also we could go to the last eight of the champs cup.

Hope it comes to fruition, I know it's still early and we're most definitely proactive on the CB front. But I hope we add that creative spark either a CM or CAM, so that we can unlock defenses through the middle (rather than out wide all the time).

6 hours ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

He cost Spurs £30m?. He's only good when he wants to be, which isn't very often.

Doesn't he pretty much play every week and when he doesn't, they are worse off for it? Very good player. Almost as good as your namesake ?

Archived