Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
AKCJ

Who do you want? - Jan 2017

Just watching Preston vs Arsenal (currently 1-0). Preston have a young central midfielder called Ben Pearson (not our ex-bosses son) who looks very good. We don't need central midfielders really but just worth putting it out there.

15 hours ago, smiley said:

Hes in the last year of his contract and west ham just had a 3m bid turned down. I think he will move and for less then 10m.

He's not. Hull have exercised a 12 month option on a lot of players contracts. He did an interview stating this himself.

He did say he had rejected a new contract offer. But the club had exercised a right to 12 more months in his current deal and that he would be getting his agent to talk to the club. Sure he said something about wanting a long term deals to secure his families future for the next few years.

17 minutes ago, Spicer said:

Just watching Preston vs Arsenal (currently 1-0). Preston have a young central midfielder called Ben Pearson (not our ex-bosses son) who looks very good. We don't need central midfielders really but just worth putting it out there.

Ex-United Youth player too :thumbup:

I think the only other business we 100% critically need in January is a central defender that is good enough for the first 11 straight away and as good a defender as huth but with footballing ability. And I would love him to play with Huth, sorry Wes no disrespect but Huth is more superior.

post January and in the summer I'm certain this is when we will see the signing of a right back and another central defender and an attacking/forward player to play between the midfield and striker.

54 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

Nathan Ake has been recalled by Chelsea. Is that because they want him as an option or because they're open to offers to let him go permanently? I think he'd be a good signing. Impressed me when we played against Bournemouth. 

We did want him in the summer apparently but Conte would not let him go on a perm.

Maybe he has changed his mind and we have had a bid accepted, only a thought before people jump down my throat!

On 01/12/2016 at 11:04, Innovindil said:

Desperately need a rb who can actually play a pass and take some pressure away from mahrez. Every game Mahrez has 2 or 3 guys on him and we can't take advantage because Simpson is doggo going forward. 

If we have a decent midfield we don't need playmaker cbs with a decent rb and lb. 

Trippier just been made man of the match against Villa. Always seems to impress but is clearly 2nd choice behind Walker. If Walker stays there for some time I can see Trippier looking for first team football elsewhere.

Maybe a cheeky summer bid would turn his head, especially if we finish this season strongly. Chilwell and Trippier would be decent full backs in the long term.

Money isn't everything but we do seem to have underinvested at the back in recent years. If you compare Fuchs free, Wes £1m, Huth £3m, Was free (I think), Hernandez free, Simpson £2m to the midfield where we have both Mendy and Ndidi at £15m and up front with Slimani £30m and Musa £17m.

Think it was Fergie who said strikers win games and defenders win titles. Kind of disproves my point given last season but a quality CB should now be our #1 priority nonetheless

On 1/6/2017 at 16:20, TJB-fox said:

No more back up signings. If we sign anymore players in Jan they HAVE to improve the starting XI

Every signing should fall into at least one of three categories:

1) Better than what you have

2) Young and promising

3) Cheap to do a job like squad filler

No £10m+ squad players please with little room for improving.

The defence does need major operations in the summer. The average age of our back four is 31.4. And hopefully we will make a transition into a more possession based game with CBs who can defend and actually pass the ball.

Archived