Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
AKCJ

Who do you want? - Jan 2017

Ever Banega wanted by an unnamed Premier League club - would be all over that.

Loftus Cheek on loan if we don't pile in on Schneiderlin. 

I'd love us to throw money at Ben Gibson rather than Michael Keane as well. 

And the longest of long shots - If Manure sign Lindelof then Smalling would be the 5th choice centre back since Jones is getting a look in again. Make it rain bank notes for him - loan to buy like Huth last year if not. Unrealistic and ridiculous but i can dream. 

Signing a Kante replacement should have been done in the summer, but delighted we have Ndidi now. Very tough boots to fill, but at least in terms of profile it's a very obvious like-for-like replacement and well worth the punt.

Defensively I still feel we have issues. We are crying out for a quality centre back to challenge Huth and Morgan and who will ultimately take over the mantle as I believe Wes has played every game this season so far. I also feel we should get another right-back. Simpson is very consistent, but we need it for cover and I am unconvinced by Hernandez in that role.

Longer term creativity in the team is lacking and we only really have Drinkwater as a midfield technician. However, with King, Amartey, Ndidi, Drinkwater, Mendy and James as options there it feels like we maybe have too many to choose from. But when we were linked with Adrien Silva, that was a very interesting player to be linked to and it would be nice for the fans to have another technical player in the team. I feel Gray will ultimately step-up and become the 2nd but someone like Sigurdson would be great. Don't think we will go for such a player till next season though.

If we can get our defence back to something like last year and continue to bed in young players, the season would still be a success and give us a platform to build on. Last year we were quite simply the best counter attacking team in all of Europe, but this year we don't really have an identity. I think over time we will need to evolve our style, but that is probably something to look at next season. 

7 hours ago, eddylcfc said:

Should have gone for Timothée Kolodziejczak. Just signed for Borussia M.

25 year old quick, aggressive CB formally of Sevilla. But no, Instead we're after a clumsy ponderous CB from Italy.

One for the commentators, pity we couldn't put Stringer through his paces on that one!

1 minute ago, bpfox said:

I have a funny feeling that apart from ndidi we will end up with nothing more. we completely missed the boat with summer signings and this one seems it will go the same way pear shaped.

We're a few days in for Christ's sake! Can't really moan about something you have a gut feeling about lol 

Neven Subotic is quoted as saying he wants to leave Borussia Dortmund this winter. If fit, another quality Serbian centre-back available.

I've thrown his name into the CAM ring before, so I'll nominate Stuttgart's Alexandru Maxim once more.

21 hours ago, AjcW said:

Holger Badstuber has been made available for loan by Bayern Munich... apparently Man City at the front of the queue though.

Was terrific not so long ago, but very, very unlucky with injuries in the past two, three years. Highly risky transfer target.

1 hour ago, bpfox said:

I have a funny feeling that apart from ndidi we will end up with nothing more. we completely missed the boat with summer signings and this one seems it will go the same way pear shaped.

The only inside info I've ever had, was in mid December from a well known person within the club, we will be doing everything we can to get a CB (seems like Acerbi or Natastic) and 2xCM in Jan (Ndidi and hopefully a more creative midfielder who can assist Vardy).

Also another guy who told us about Ndidi before anyone else, reckons we'll try and get a striker if possible too this window.

53 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

Neven Subotic is quoted as saying he wants to leave Borussia Dortmund this winter. If fit, another quality Serbian centre-back available.

I've thrown his name into the CAM ring before, so I'll nominate Stuttgart's Alexandru Maxim once more.

Subotic will end up at Middlesborough.

Ryan Fraser, would be great to have a winger/attacking midfielder with two feet, otherwise they can get worked out (!) check out those left foot assists from last year. Get him rather than Brady, suits counter attacks and can play anywhere across the front, serious upgrade on Schlupp....

2 hours ago, RoyFox said:

Ryan Fraser, would be great to have a winger/attacking midfielder with two feet, otherwise they can get worked out (!) check out those left foot assists from last year. Get him rather than Brady, suits counter attacks and can play anywhere across the front, serious upgrade on Schlupp....

Why would he come here??

3 hours ago, RoyFox said:

He tore Arsenal apart for Bournemouth two days ago, they'd want big money and I'm not sure he'd want to leave

1 hour ago, Will1981 said:

Wenger has said Jenkinson can go would be good competition for Simpson.

I'd take him. It'd be nice to have a right-back that can offer a little bit more going forward. It could help make the system we played vs Boro more effective. 

8 minutes ago, Mrfox452 said:

Fonte has handed a transfer request.

Was very impressive at the euros. I'd take him as a short term replacement.

He'll be trying to force a move to a top 6 club. We'd be a sideways step for him.

United have been linked with him previously.

Guest CityFan 06
2 hours ago, Will1981 said:

Wenger has said Jenkinson can go would be good competition for Simpson.

Wouldn't mind Jenkinson.

2 minutes ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

He's not been offered a new deal.

Yes he has.

Southampton's director of football Les Reed says the player has had the chance to sign an improved deal, but Fonte has now asked to leave the club.

"He's had several opportunities to improve the contract situation. He's reserved his right not to do that," Reed told BBC Radio Solent.

"He's made it very clear he would like to explore the opportunities for a transfer.

"That's where we are at the moment, Jose wants to leave the club. He's formally asked for a transfer."

Archived