Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Sunderland Match Thread

Absolute rubbish, really should be attacking these and we won't playing 442 with Slim and vards up front. I hope I'm wrong but I can see Defoe scoring for fun today along with any Sunderland player who's out of form or who hasn't scored for over a year. 

14 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

Im very positive when it comes to Leicester (check my recent posts) and I'm very pro Claudio but Jesus Christ that is an absolutely woeful team considering the last few games.

I was going to post the same thing.

Disappointing team selection.

1 minute ago, TheMightySystem said:

Why not have 2 midfielders on the bench rather then 3 wingers?

Musa can be a direct replacement for Vardy.

Schlupp is cover for left back.

Would prefer Barnes on the bench instead of Gray, but he's playing for the u23s today, whatever.

5 minutes ago, Slim Dog said:

Reasons?

Musa and Schlupp are both better imo.

4 minutes ago, ST20 said:

What is this hard on for Barnes about? 

A couple goals recently and an assist today for the u23.

What is the hard on for Gray recently? A goal against Man United how long ago?

I've been as disappointed as anyone with our results this season.  But I reckon that CR has forgotten more about football management than I and a good percentage of the other posters know.  So if he's playing 4-4-2 it's for a reason, that being that he thinks it has more likelihood of success than another formation, either because the players prefer it or for tactical reasons.  Similarly, he gets to see the players perform in training as well as in matches, so he has the edge when it comes to assessing their capabilities.  

Last season few were questioning his tactics and selection.  It's the same manager this season making do with changed personnel, injuries and dips in form.  

What managerial skill does it take to play 442 with almost the same team game after game regardless of it never working.....i do the same on Fifa....shocking.

hope he can prove me wrong however even if we do win...it will be the same everything for man city...

when will he start changing formation to fit the opposition.

2 minutes ago, Zola said:

Gray is not good defensively (yet). Albrighton is.

Mehrez is not much better either..So you cant have Mehrez and Gray.

I haven't seen anything to suggest Gray can't defend. He does it fine in the limited time he gets. 

Honestly some of you lot on here, 30 minutes before the game and it's moan, moan, snipe, snipe, groan and sneer.

All that's missing are some white flags and you'll be all set for the game.

Archived