Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Sunderland Match Thread

My heart has sunk at the team selection. Can't see us getting anything from this game. Oppositions know weeks in advance what our line up and formation will be, I'm loosing respect for the Don as far as PL is concerned at a rapid pace. Do we have to play 442 until the 12 months mourning for the King of Thailand is finished.

The only positive is that slimani is in, as he looked like the only decent player we have at present.

King will slow it down, get dominated, and hence we will have no link between midfield and attack.

Amartey with king at his side will have to really put it in, to stop us getting over run, but feel another shit afternoon ahead.

2 minutes ago, Blanchflower78 said:

I cant believe that one season and a handful of months later we are shitting it going to another poor Sunderland side. Greatest fall from grace in sporting history?

Can't see many teams worse than us at present.

I wouldn't be so negative if we were playing well and losing, but it's the same Groundhog Day every time we play, the outcome is predictable.

Sunderland are shite, but they will want it more, and we will roll over away yet again, can just see it 

Just now, sdb said:

Front two makes sense given we now bypass midfield/any kind of build up play. 

Just need to keep Defoe quiet and hope to grab a goal via route one. 

Sensed the same, it's gonna be long ball and wide play.  King and Amertey, are not gonna offeruch other then protection

Brilliant, nobody to link our non-existent midfield with the attack. 

Prepare for 90 minutes of long balls from the centre backs. Maybe the odd square pass to Fuchs to hoof it instead to spice things up.

Guest seanfox778

Merson slating us on Soccer Saturday, saying better teams than us have gone down. He makes a point considering current form. I hope we pull off a morale boosting win today, could turn our season around. Defeat would be tough to take.

7 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

People do realize we are at Sunderland today, the worst team in the league. Last season we won the league... I know it's hard but try and have some faith.

I also realize that so far this season we are not exactly pulling up trees, we need to sharpen up in defence. I can see Defoe scoring a brace today.

4 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

People do realize we are at Sunderland today, the worst team in the league. Last season we won the league... I know it's hard but try and have some faith.

Have faith? We've been dogshit all season and Sunderland have started playing well and scoring! I have faith this will be another carbon  copy of all the other matches so far. Ineffectual attacking, poor defending and virtually no excitement.  I hope I'm wrong, but I see no reason for optimism. 

Archived