Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CloudFox

Morgan Schneiderlin

4 hours ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

So like absolutely any potential signing then? Forgive people for thinking that players "with Prem experience" mightn't slot straight into the team and would need just as much adjustment to new tactics / team mates / training methods as a player from the continent would.

"Prem experience" isn't the panacea to all our problems and it's worrying the amount of fans that jump in with this turd everytime we're linked with someone from a foreign division. It's like last year never happened.

I'll refer again to our own scouts old articles where by they freely admit signings from abroad come with more risks then those from home. It's just a fact.

It's no guarantee of success, or one being better then the other of course. But it's all about lessening risk.

Exactly the reason we try to scout people from leagues where players historically fit in over here ok, or from teams who play similar formations etc.

Now all that thinking might have gone out the window with Pearson, Walsh, Mackenzie etc all going... but it did serve us well.

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

I'll refer again to our own scouts old articles where by they freely admit signings from abroad come with more risks then those from home. It's just a fact.

It's no guarantee of success, or one being better then the other of course. But it's all about lessening risk.

Exactly the reason we try to scout people from leagues where players historically fit in over here ok, or from teams who play similar formations etc.

Now all that thinking might have gone out the window with Pearson, Walsh, Mackenzie etc all going... but it did serve us well.

I think when we had the Walsh scouting team they clearly watched players for a very long time before signing them which mitigated some of the risk why is why signings like Kante, Mahrez etc were a huge success.

If you look at our last window, a few players stand out as complete impulse like Kapustka and this is probably why people are suggesting we now sign players with proven experience in this league and probably will do until our new scouting team proves to us that they can unearth some more gems.

Everton looking like doing good business in Jan for Schneiderlin, Depay and Lookman.

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38449936

I can't help but think that all 3 would've been good signings for us had Walsh been interested in bringing them here.

Oh well, onwards and upwards. Ndidi will hopefully be a good long term signing and will hopefully settle quickly to help this season. But we need more. Our underperforming ever-presents need a kick up their backsides. Competition for their places will hopefully do that.

Guest CityFan 06
On 12/24/2016 at 21:00, alanf0x said:

Everton have made a £40m offer for Memphis Depay and Morgan Schneiderlin. [@Di Marzio]

Exactly the sort of calibre of players we should be looking at. I said it on here a week or so ago, if we're in for a winger I'd be looking at Depay. Martial also rumoured with an exit.

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, alanf0x said:

Medical at Everton today. 

Probably not not required now anyway with NDD.

Can't help but feel we are missing out on this one. 25m United want and Everton offered 19m allegedly in the papers. Anyway let's hope Ndidi is better...

12 minutes ago, alanf0x said:

Medical at Everton today. 

Probably not not required now anyway with NDD.

And in talks with West Brom too apparently....

That'll be Pulis doing Man U a favour and ensuring Everton pay top dollar lol

I do like Schneiderlin but we are well equipped in midfield now I think, providing Mendy and Ndidi now kick on. Positive from both yesterday.

DD is a great player and Amartey has really impressed me in some games over the last few months. In fact, with trialling a three of Mendy, Ndidi and DD its a little harsh on Amartey, but with King and James as further back up and a further option in Harvey Barnes who is obviously rated and Kapustka (not sure on his best position), there are quite a few options there now. In fact if we revert to 4-4-2, it leaves us regularly leaving out some real quality in my opinion.

With some injuries we may be a bit exposed (particularly if we stick with playing a 3, but King always does nicely in a three and of course, to sign Schneiderlein for this reason and then not get injuries and we have lots of unhappy players. The amount we have now just feels right.

If James was to go out on loan, I'd still be comfortable with this. Would prefer him to have a recall however.

Matty James has been a very good member of the squad and has been very unlucky

with injuries.

However he is not in the same league as Mendy , Drinkwater or N' Didii and a 

move away from the club will hopefully benefit him.

The club has to move on

2 hours ago, Winsum said:

Matty James has been a very good member of the squad and has been very unlucky

with injuries.

However he is not in the same league as Mendy , Drinkwater or N' Didii and a 

move away from the club will hopefully benefit him.

The club has to move on

Can I ask when you seen him playing along side Mendy and Ndidi.

Or is this just like Musa was sh1t on Friday.

Archived