Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CloudFox

Morgan Schneiderlin

If we had followed up last seasons miracle with a decent start this year, say top 8 or higher, then I would have been more hopeful of a player like this joining us, but we have returned to the Leicester of old quicker than anyone would have imagined and unfortunately, a player like this will see a club like Everton as a solid Premier League team with little to no chance of being relegated, and more chance than us of pushing for top 6 in the future. That's why I believed it was so important to be aggressive in the summer window gone and overspend if anything, due to probably not being in such an attractive position again to convince some of these top players to join Leicester. 

Gonna be controversial here but I'm not sure he's what we need. No pace and similar, but not as good as, Drinky. 

We need someone with energy and a motor to create drive and ruffle the opposition midfield. That's where we've missed Kante. No pressure from the middle which has led to extra pressure on the back 5. 

Ok, going to put my shields up now...

7 hours ago, HoustonFox said:

Gonna be controversial here but I'm not sure he's what we need. No pace and similar, but not as good as, Drinky. 

We need someone with energy and a motor to create drive and ruffle the opposition midfield. That's where we've missed Kante. No pressure from the middle which has led to extra pressure on the back 5. 

Ok, going to put my shields up now...

I kinda agree - but I think the idea of a steady hand albeit without the blistering pace is attractive considering how we have performed of late. It may well not be the right signing for us yes though.

On 7.12.2016 at 19:46, WarehamFox said:

One of the few players I think we should defo get in. 25 million is a touch high, we sold Kante for 29 million. But fingers crossed. 

For the last time - the £25m mentioned in the article are referring to Depay, and not Schneiderlin! lol

Schneiderlin would probably cost (a lot) less than that.

On 7.12.2016 at 20:13, STUHILL said:

10-15 Million??  Maybe in the 90s lol  The transfer market these days is crazy and he cost Man U 30million! No chance he is coming here for anything under 20 Million. Just turned 27, and in his prime. Unfortunately, been pushed out of Man U as they splurge money on other players, but that doesn't mean he will come cheap, as there will be loads of clubs after him and willing to pay lots. 

I think he will be aiming higher than us unfortunately but we might be able to get the deal done if we pay Man U 25 Million and give him £100k a week, although probably will still be a pay-cut for him :dry:

Maybe a 6 month loan deal is our only real chance, if he still thinks he can have a future at Man U or knows he will have more options in the Summer. Either way, be a huge signing for us!

No, 10 to 15 million is a reasonable price. Show me which defensive midfielders or how many of them cost that much in the 90ies (in relation to the players' standing and ability).

Sky Sports are reporting West Brom made an £18m bid.

He's a very good player (capped for France!), still fairly young and has proved himself in the Premier League. Hasn't done it for Man U, but Pogba is always going to be first choice for them since he signed. Would be a very good signing, but don't see him coming here.

1 hour ago, MC Prussian said:

For the last time - the £25m mentioned in the article are referring to Depay, and not Schneiderlin! lol

Schneiderlin would probably cost (a lot) less than that.

No, 10 to 15 million is a reasonable price. Show me which defensive midfielders or how many of them cost that much in the 90ies (in relation to the players' standing and ability).

Man Utd have said if they were to sell they want to recoup the money they paid for him. Which was £25 million. I reckon it would take a bid like that as Man Utd don't exactly need the money. They would prob rather see him rot in the reserves than say take a £15 mil bid.

13 minutes ago, kingcarr21 said:

Man Utd have said if they were to sell they want to recoup the money they paid for him. Which was £25 million. I reckon it would take a bid like that as Man Utd don't exactly need the money. They would prob rather see him rot in the reserves than say take a £15 mil bid.

Well if true WBA have bid 18m so if many clubs want him 20m will be hit.

Even manure would not kick out a 15m bid. They need to recoup some money and paying his wage for two years would be madness. Even for a club like manure they also need to comply with ffp.

22 hours ago, kingcarr21 said:

Sorry King that not happening even a team as rich as them is run on a business model , even the german fella was brought back into the fold to try flog him 

Archived