Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MC Prussian

FC Porto (a) 5-0 loss post-match thread

1 minute ago, Crazy Kop Corner said:

Do you think? Weren't very keen on Nige's sons antics in their hotel establishment.

That was only cos he got caught out in one of their hotels with some of their countries prozzies. And besides that whole episode was the start of something wonderful

I thought we looked good in the main and were unlucky to lose. 5-0 was very harsh.

Chillwell looked good, Gray was bright, Mendy got 90 mins which will benefit us greatly.

Morgan looking far more assured with Wasyl and Hamer around him. Good thinking by Ranieri taking off Drinkwater and giving Barnes a memorable debut.

Special mention for Schlupp. Would hate to see him go for just £12m in January...

:ermm:

I have to say we need to start changes now. Claudio upstairs, Big Sam in and a new broom. I dont care if we play 17th Century football in the next round of the Chumps league as long as we have a plan. I am afraid we have no plan now and no leadership and a change is needed immediately. The King Power boys should act tomorrow rather like the man in Rillington Place and quietly say in a whisper "i'm very sorry Claudio but it's for the best.."

pleasantly surprised to see some new faces even if it was the formidable 442.

looked like ranieri told us to sit back and get to half time at 0-0lol

everybody was crap. highlight was mendy back - handy now drinky seemingly injured.

expected a drubbing tonight but with such a lame performance, somehow we have stooped lower than losing at sunderland.

we could put kante back into this team and it would make no difference, too many players just dont want it anymore.

We could have expected nothing less playing the dregs of our squad against a strong Porto team who needed to win.

We were very poor but that was a weak team sent out with the clear message, either made explicit or implied through the selection, that we didn't really care about the result.

In that context I thought the effort levels were ok for the most part with the noticeable exception of Schlupp who needs to be moved on while we can still get more than a tenner for him.

The positives are that Mendy got in a full 90, and Gray and especially Chilwell got taught a lesson that they should learn from.

Might as well view this as a reserve team friendly and move on. We won the group. 

11 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Not sure what some expected when the manager clearly not bothered about the result and playing against a team that had to win. saying we made no effort first half is interesting - we covered two km further than they did in that period. 

We didnt need anyone to pick up an injury but drinks has and it could be a lengthy one.

we learnt that many of our second string aren't ready for this intensity of football. 

on the the plus side , sporting are out so silva might be available next month !

and we could now get Madrid in the last sixteen

I share your view. Would be insane for us to go all out - even the fringe players - in a match that doesn't matter to us but matters to the opposition. We don't need any more injuries, that's for sure.

Ah, we can only but dream..

2 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

That was only cos he got caught out in one of their hotels with some of their countries prozzies. And besides that whole episode was the start of something wonderful

It was but I don't think they appreciated the publicity.

We've just been butt ****ed on the biggest stage. I can't believe they won't want to know what the hells happened to our team.

4 minutes ago, Callabinho said:

How to sum that absolute crusty wank stain up.

Musa should never play again, the same applied to Schlupp, they are ****ing dog shit.

It was embarrassing, if that's what we have to offer for back up then we may as well back our bags and **** off to Huddersfield now.

My patience has well and truly gone with Claudio. Lose on Saturday and for me he is as good as gone.

No fight, no desire, no imagination, no real tactical plan, severe lack of quality and zero threat....what the **** do they do on the training ground? They may as well take a huge steaming shit on the PL trophy. ****ing raging with the useless *****. 

Considering I live in Huddersfield that doesn't really do anything for me. 

Archived