Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GaelicFox

Claudio Get the full season no matter what , vote

Claudio gets to stay till next summer no matter qatar   

407 members have voted

1. 1. Claudio gets to stay till next summer no matter what

• I agree he stays no matter what
    • I disagree

1 hour ago, Mark_w said:

One season of superb results, one third of a season of below average results. It's way too early to be having this thread, he ought to be given the season and dismissed only if we're relegated and there's a better option available for the Championship. Do agree that if he were to go we should be straight on the phone to Nige though, he didn't deserve to be sacked either.

How do you know? We don't know what he did!

57 minutes ago, LCFC_World said:

I fully believe that any manager that came in after Pearson got sacked would have had a good season. Ranieri won the league off Pearsons foundations. They carried on the run from the great escape and now he has changed things up with these new contracts and signings his true colours are showing. 

If you say so. But like others have said, barely surviving in the Prem and then winning the league isn't normal. 

The man won us the title, delivered us Champions League Football and we just topped the group. Now everyone is online saying he should go? Madness... absolute madness! He has done enough to give him time, he is the best manager we've had in my lifetime. Honestly what were people thinking would happen this season? We would walk it again? 

He needs a window to sort out midfield and defence, personally I'm very happy to give him that. If we go down than fine I could see him going and would totally get that, but we should be showing this man WAY more respect.

Claudio's big mistake is not insisting clean sheets and Pizza outing..!

Last season players were keen on the lowly pizza with anchovies.. BUT this season they'll (at least those on 120K will) probably be driving all the way to Wings in Manchester..

no clean sheets, no pizza outing... shambolic

1 hour ago, elvisfmcfly said:

Come end of January,people saying this are driving me crazy,so he gets January to sign new players of his own (with his signing record for us) then when the transfer windows closed and we spent a shit load,we then sack him and the new manager inherits some one else's shit team? Absolute crazy waffle!

Its not all about transfers, yeh he could sign some shit but also some superb players but still struggle to do the other bits.

Its quite clear the overwhelming issues are tactical and moral.

Yes the players have to take a fair share of the blame but it was our poor transfer dealings in the summer that has put is where we are. Had we signed 2 top centre mids and a good young cb we would not be where we are now. And there is only one person to blame for that and it's claudio. We need some top signings in January otherwise we are screwed 

The players are happy to take all the plaudits when things are going well. When things are going badly, they are the first ones to hide leaving Claudio fronting up for their inadequacies.

Maybe Pearson coming back could work, who knows? the squad is mostly made of his players, most of the ones putting in the most abject of performances are his.

But shame on all the players for stabbing in the back the man who inspired them to having a Premier League winners medal.

The attitudes of fans are disgusting as well. Shows how quickly an achievement can be forgotten

3 hours ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

I've got absolutely no faith in Ranieri to turn things around if we are in the bottom three in the final third of the season. Frankly he is not capable of building a team spirit to handle it. I would bring Nigel Pearson back tomorrow but I'm aware the owners would never swallow their pride to do so.

"Swallow their pride".........right.

Lets bring Pearson in, then if he struggles we can get rid of him for a new manager. If he struggles, we can bring Pearson back to try and rectify the situation, until a more talented manager can build on his foundations, if things start to go wrong, turn back to Pearson for his 5th spell as manager............

He sailed through last season, nothing went wrong. Very few injuries, players playing better than what they are and a World Class player covering for a lot. 

This season he has hit a slump and looks unable to get us out of it. This is where managers earn their money. Can he turn us around? So far he has showed very little to suggest he can - we have been out performed by the majority of our opposition this season.

Forget last season, regardless of what happened, it's now in the past. The owners will not want to see the club relegated and if our pathetic performances carry on then they'll be looking at Ranieri surely.

Nothing I've seen so far this season has impressed me. And just because he won the league doesn't mean he's untouchable. Nobody is untouchable in football. 

Guest LCFC_World

Tbh I enjoyed the great escape season as much as I did last season. Let's get ourselves in an impossible poistion and do it all again. It'd be quite fun. 

Thing is, Kante wanted to go, we tried to sign Silva and wouldn't pay the price (we are now though), Amarty hasn't proven good enough, Musa has been crocked all season, and Drinkwater is banned\knackered.

As we saw on Wednesday, poor Claudio doesn't really have any options to re-shuffle the team or formation at the moment, and it's not entirely his fault.

I'd give him January, if we sack him it is a world of unknown, I wouldn't want Fat Sam at the club, and I couldn't think of a manager I hate more than Hodgeson. What other realistic candidates are there that can come in and save us in the new year? If we're going down, we're going down, I'd risk the last transfer window with Claudio, he did win the league last season.

Claudio's lost my confidence massively recently, but I think I've come round to the idea that the players are the ones to take the blame for this. Claudio gets another window for me, unless we continue to get worse up until Christmas

9 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

He sailed through last season, nothing went wrong. Very few injuries, players playing better than what they are and a World Class player covering for a lot. 

This season he has hit a slump and looks unable to get us out of it. This is where managers earn their money. Can he turn us around? So far he has showed very little to suggest he can - we have been out performed by the majority of our opposition this season.

Forget last season, regardless of what happened, it's now in the past. The owners will not want to see the club relegated and if our pathetic performances carry on then they'll be looking at Ranieri surely.

Nothing I've seen so far this season has impressed me.

How can you just "forget" last season?

Last season happened. Is there not a skill in getting players to maintain their performance levels and handle the pressure?

I cant believe how much we discredit winning the Premier League.

Is it because it was that much of a shock no one can take it in? Is it because in our minds it never happened?

The biggest thing i see is people who resented Ranieri coming in in the first place, are the ones now with ammunition to write hate about him.

These people dont care that we won the league. They just want to be managed by Pearson.

It doesnt matter what anyone else achieves.

Im going to get back "the man who won league one. The man who won the championship. The man who came back from being sacked like Lazarus. The man who takes no shit. The man who will headbutt a guy on 100k a week. The man who pulled off the great escape. The man who was 99% responsible for winning the league"

Someone will post one of these, they crop up everywhere.

Youl never see a "Ranieri brough in his own staff to compliment Pearsons. Ranieri inspired skill and confidence in bad players. Ranieri handled the media and took the pressure off everyone, Ranieri has a track record with big clubs of good achievements, Ranieri found a playing style that was much more effective than anyone else, Ranieri completed the greatest achievement in the clubs history"

Youll never see one of those ever.

11 minutes ago, Donut said:

How can you just "forget" last season?

Last season happened. Is there not a skill in getting players to maintain their performance levels and handle the pressure?

I cant believe how much we discredit winning the Premier League.

Is it because it was that much of a shock no one can take it in? Is it because in our minds it never happened?

The biggest thing i see is people who resented Ranieri coming in in the first place, are the ones now with ammunition to write hate about him.

These people dont care that we won the league. They just want to be managed by Pearson.

It doesnt matter what anyone else achieves.

Im going to get back "the man who won league one. The man who won the championship. The man who came back from being sacked like Lazarus. The man who takes no shit. The man who will headbutt a guy on 100k a week. The man who pulled off the great escape. The man who was 99% responsible for winning the league"

Someone will post one of these, they crop up everywhere.

Youl never see a "Ranieri brough in his own staff to compliment Pearsons. Ranieri inspired skill and confidence in bad players. Ranieri handled the media and took the pressure off everyone, Ranieri has a track record with big clubs of good achievements, Ranieri found a playing style that was much more effective than anyone else, Ranieri completed the greatest achievement in the clubs history"

Youll never see one of those ever.

I meant "forget" it in terms of it has no significance this season. Winning the league doesn't mean Ranieri gets a "free pass" - that's my point. Of course I'll never forget about winning the league.

The players overperformed last season - and were protected by a World Class midfielder - we are now seeing the average players they are. I have seen a lack of effort and lack of fight all season and this needs changing but Ranieri so far has showed he cannot do this. 

I don't know why you're bringing Pearson up either. I haven't said a word. (I'd go for Mancini next). All I know is our 'better' players are Pearson/Walsh signings.

the thing is he can't coax them now with free pizza because they are  ******** rich enough to get their own if they want one, hell they could buy a pizza chain if they so choose.how do you get millionaires motivated to do the job required. self pride obviously but what else! fear! the players won't fear him because they will just go to another club! we've given these players massive contracts after doing the unthinkable for ONE season but not over a sustained period of time

5 hours ago, HankMarvin said:

But you said you wanted to see players like shinj, gray, ulloa on Saturday instead of the regulars.

They didn't exactly set the world on fire yesterday did they

More so than Vardy, Mahrez, King.

Gray and Ulloa in particular although not great at least looked like they wanted to go at em.

10 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

I meant "forget" it in terms of it has no significance this season. Winning the league doesn't mean Ranieri gets a "free pass" - that's my point. Of course I'll never forget about winning the league.

The players overperformed last season - and were protected by a World Class midfielder - we are now seeing the average players they are. I have seen a lack of effort and lack of fight all season and this needs changing but Ranieri so far has showed he cannot do this. 

I don't know why you're bringing Pearson up either. I haven't said a word. (I'd go for Mancini next). All I know is our 'better' players are Pearson/Walsh signings.

So by that you mean Vardy, Morgan, Huth, Mahrez, Fuchs, Simpson, i would assume that are in the team now, and Kante before he left.

Ok Kante was world class. No doubt about that. Was a freak, huge loss.

Simpson only got a good run of games under Ranieri. So seems daft to credit that to Walsh and Pearson when they were playing De Laet ahead of him most of the time.

Vardy, Morgan and Huth were mostly shit through the great escape season, Vardy got 5 goals, Morgan was shaky until Huth got paired alongside him, Mahrez nowhere near as effective as he was in the title winning season. All of them now slumping.

Is that down to them being brilliant players and Pearson/Walsh getting not as much out of them as they could have done, that Ranieri suddenly could get out of them?

Is it down to them being top quality players that Ranieri didnt have to get anything out of, and now have decided they just cant be bothered?

In either case, i dont see how its Ranieri's fault.

He was the one that made them into what we thought were the top class players.

2 minutes ago, Donut said:

So by that you mean Vardy, Morgan, Huth, Mahrez, Fuchs, Simpson, i would assume that are in the team now, and Kante before he left.

Ok Kante was world class. No doubt about that. Was a freak, huge loss.

Simpson only got a good run of games under Ranieri. So seems daft to credit that to Walsh and Pearson when they were playing De Laet ahead of him most of the time.

Vardy, Morgan and Huth were mostly shit through the great escape season, Vardy got 5 goals, Morgan was shaky until Huth got paired alongside him, Mahrez nowhere near as effective as he was in the title winning season. All of them now slumping.

Is that down to them being brilliant players and Pearson/Walsh getting not as much out of them as they could have done, that Ranieri suddenly could get out of them?

Is it down to them being top quality players that Ranieri didnt have to get anything out of, and now have decided they just cant be bothered?

In either case, i dont see how its Ranieri's fault.

He was the one that made them into what we thought were the top class players.

You're the one that moans about people bringing Pearson up yet you always want to debate about him. 

If you read my OP I have stated that the players overachieved last season and are now returning back to their average ability. Only Drinkwater (Kasper too) has consistently performed this season and as they say, class is permanent. 

Kante covered the majority of our players. He allowed Mahrez to go forward and look good and he covered the centre halves and made them look far better than what they are.

i don't think Claudio will make it easy for the owners to make a decision, i can't see Claudio throttling a player or calling a player an animal of some sort.he is a gentleman. maybe too much of a gentleman. everyone has got a lot of love for Claudio. If only love won football matches, we'd win the league every year!

Just now, Fox92 said:

You're the one that moans about people bringing Pearson up yet you always want to debate about him. 

If you read my OP I have stated that the players overachieved last season and are now returning back to their average ability. Only Drinkwater (Kasper too) has consistently performed this season and as they say, class is permanent. 

Kante covered the majority of our players. He allowed Mahrez to go forward and look good and he covered the centre halves and made them look far better than what they are.

I was debating Pearson in that instance because you said most of the good players were left behind by Pearson and Walsh.

I was making the point that, what is the truth? are they actually poor players that Ranieri made a lot better

Or are they really good players that Ranieri has made worse?

I think most of the evidence points at the former.

3 minutes ago, Donut said:

I was debating Pearson in that instance because you said most of the good players were left behind by Pearson and Walsh.

I was making the point that, what is the truth? are they actually poor players that Ranieri made a lot better

Or are they really good players that Ranieri has made worse?

I think most of the evidence points at the former.

Personally, I think they are "average" players (aside from a couple - Drinkwater for instance) and Kante made them look a lot better. But overall Ranieri takes credit for last season - of course he does, he's the manager - just as he takes the critics this season.

Archived