Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Andy King - 10 consecutive seasons

28 minutes ago, peterborofox said:

Better in his younger days. 

Almost  like a Rooney.... peaked when be was younger. 

King around 2010/11 was his best o think and knew how to get a goal too

Yeah, I remember those days too. Feels like only yesterday as well!!

6 hours ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

Due a testimonial?

Current squad vs former team mates would be an interesting one!

Schmeichel - Simpson, Morgan, Wasilewski, Fuchs - Mahrez, Drinkwater, King (James), Albrighton - Vardy, Okazaki

Logan - Robbie Neilson, Jack Hobbs, Michael Morrison, Ritchie De Laet - Lloyd Dyer, Matt Oakley (King), Richie Wellens, Paul Gallagher - David Nugent, Matty Fryatt

Subs: Hamer, Kanté, Matt Mills, Max Gradel, Anthony Knockaert, Yakubu, , Iain Hume, Huth, Matt Heath, James Wesolowski, Schlupp, Alan Sheehan.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, shen said:

Schmeichel - Simpson, Morgan, Wasilewski, Fuchs - Mahrez, Drinkwater, King (James), Albrighton - Vardy, Okazaki

Logan - Robbie Neilson, Jack Hobbs, Michael Morrison, Ritchie De Laet - Lloyd Dyer, Matt Oakley (King), Richie Wellens, Paul Gallagher - David Nugent, Matty Fryatt

Subs: Hamer, Kanté, Matt Mills, Max Gradel, Anthony Knockaert, Yakubu, , Iain Hume, Huth, Matt Heath, James Wesolowski, Schlupp, Alan Sheehan.

Kingy has played in some really good teams, excluding all of our current team...

Hennessey, Naughton, Williams, Davies (Curtis), Davies (Ben), Gradel, Ramsey, Kante, Bale, Bellamy, Kane

And that's off the top of my head. Good luck to him if he ever goes on that fantasy football club show.

Guest CityFan 06

Technically gifted and a real club legend. Going forward is where I think he's most useful, the finesse and technique in his finishing is very good. To score in ten consecutive seasons, that's a great record to have.

17 hours ago, peterborofox said:

Better in his younger days. 

Almost  like a Rooney.... peaked when be was younger. 

King around 2010/11 was his best o think and knew how to get a goal too

cant tell if serious but obviously king looked better when we had a shitter squad and played in a shitter league... king has grown as a player in last few years

On 11/12/2016 at 20:10, Koke said:

Some of the criticism of King is warranted. The CM area has been a problem for us this season and evidently King hasn't been the answer. 

If King was signed last January you'd give him the same stick you give Amartey.

He wasn't signed last January though was he ? He was here when we sank to our lowest and he was still here we we rose to our highest. Can people just give the guy credit - one man one club, Three different divisions and three different champions medals - few players can lay claim to that. Look at the thread above that details his first fifty goals. Yes he has off days but don't we all.  I for one Love Kingy. 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Mark_w said:

Kingy has played in some really good teams, excluding all of our current team...

Hennessey, Naughton, Williams, Davies (Curtis), Davies (Ben), Gradel, Ramsey, Kante, Bale, Bellamy, Kane

And that's off the top of my head. Good luck to him if he ever goes on that fantasy football club show.

KISNOOOOOOOOOOORBO!

I love Kingy. Real legend, not one of these fly-by-night league second top goalscorer one year, then a hat trick in the next.

I always wonder with a guy like Andy in his current situation, would it be better for him to move on? I know fans here would hate that, but his minutes will only get even less. He could be playing regular for a Championship side and helping to make another club improve. He's 28 years old and still has something to offer. He's done more than anyone could ever ask for LCFC.

3 hours ago, spacemunky said:

I always wonder with a guy like Andy in his current situation, would it be better for him to move on? I know fans here would hate that, but his minutes will only get even less. He could be playing regular for a Championship side and helping to make another club improve. He's 28 years old and still has something to offer. He's done more than anyone could ever ask for LCFC.

He's earning a nice wage at the club he's been at for over a decade. He's got an important role in the squad/dressing room and knows his place here. The manager trusts him, he's obviously well liked, the fans love him and he's breaking records. Why on Earth would he want to move to a Championship club for a (not even guaranteed) little extra game time?

Edited by shen

40 minutes ago, shen said:

He's earning a nice wage at the club he's been at for over a decade. He's got an important role in the squad/dressing room and knows his place here. The manager trusts him, he's obviously well liked, the fans love him and he's breaking records. Why on Earth would he want to move to a Championship club for a (not even guaranteed) little extra game time?

He wouldn't...  

I've met King a couple of times via family and a nicer bloke you'll struggle to meet.

One of my favourite ever City players.

14 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

He wouldn't...  

I've met King a couple of times via family and a nicer bloke you'll struggle to meet.

One of my favourite ever City players.

I can only imagine! He comes across as a very collected and likeable character with above average intelligence. I love his understated goal celebrations and it's clear from the mobbing he received on Saturday that he's liked by his teammates too.

@spacemunky Yes, Kingy has given LCFC more than we could have expected, but the relationship is mutual. King happened to be a great fit and the timing of his emergence was most fortunate. He took his chance and has been rewarded for it. Who knows if he would've had as succesful a career elsewhere? He's been lauded and remunerated handsomely here, so flip the question around: Could LCFC give him more than he could have expected of his career?

49 minutes ago, shen said:

I can only imagine! He comes across as a very collected and likeable character with above average intelligence. I love his understated goal celebrations and it's clear from the mobbing he received on Saturday that he's liked by his teammates too.

@spacemunky Yes, Kingy has given LCFC more than we could have expected, but the relationship is mutual. King happened to be a great fit and the timing of his emergence was most fortunate. He took his chance and has been rewarded for it. Who knows if he would've had as succesful a career elsewhere? He's been lauded and remunerated handsomely here, so flip the question around: Could LCFC give him more than he could have expected of his career?

If only he was just that teensy weensy bit better to be one of the first names on the sheet.... next Captain if he was... I am sure Wes won't be Captain next year.

King's such a weird one for me, I love the guy for the fact he's been on this journey with us for 10 years, yet still feel underwhelmed whenever I see him in the starting line up haha.

Was great to see him stick that shot top corner, considering the conditions it was a well taken strike. It seemed like his finishing was declining recently, so was nice to see he's still got a finish in him.

Logically I feel he's a replaceable player, by that I mean we could upgrade on him, but when the emotions kick in there's no way I'd want to see him go.

On 12/11/2016 at 22:20, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Did well to bag that many seeing as he's 'invisible' 

He's bagged that many BECAUSE he's invisible. Opposing defences don't see him ghost in.... :D

On 12/11/2016 at 23:41, Wookie said:

Lloyd :wub:

You made me wiki-search Lloyd. I didn't even know that he was at Burton Albion now - or that he'd scored against Forest on his debut for Burton! 

Good to know that Agent Lloyd is still out there undercover, fighting our enemies. :D

• Like 1