Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Andy King - 10 consecutive seasons

Weren't Everton interested in King when we were in the championship? Hes had many many clubs after him, while he was in his peak especially. But no, he stayed loyal here and he deserves nothing but respect. If he was as bad as a lot of people here say he'd have been shipped off by any one of the many managers we've had in the last 10 years.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, M0901 said:

Weren't Everton interested in King when we were in the championship? Hes had many many clubs after him, while he was in his peak especially. But no, he stayed loyal here and he deserves nothing but respect. If he was as bad as a lot of people here say he'd have been shipped off by any one of the many managers we've had in the last 10 years.

Now that is....The best  "Thought of the day"    :chant:

3 minutes ago, M0901 said:

Why doesn't Shakespeare play him when DD is clearly half fit and knackered and out of form?

40 minutes ago, Koke said:

Why doesn't Shakespeare play him when DD is clearly half fit and knackered and out of form?

We tried that against Everton. It was like playing with 10 men. Only thing king did in that match was get booked.

16 minutes ago, m4DD0gg said:

We tried that against Everton. It was like playing with 10 men. Only thing king did in that match was get booked.

Please say something libellous or slanderous, then we might get to not have to read you for a while.

15 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Please say something libellous or slanderous, then we might get to not have to read you for a while.

Please genuinely go play on the m1

Edited by m4DD0gg

7 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

The truth hurts. Say something positive for once.

There are plenty of positive things to say about our team and andy king is not one of them. He is crap. Would love to see our points to him starting ratio in this league.

Just because someone has played here for years does not make them a legend. Ever thought he is still here because no one else wants him?

When I see his name on the starting sheet my heart sinks a little as it's an instant disability for our team and has been proven time and time again. 

Edited by m4DD0gg
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, m4DD0gg said:

There are plenty of positive things to say about our team and andy king is not one of them. He is crap. Would love to see our points to him starting ratio in this league.

Just because someone has played here for years does not make them a legend. Ever thought he is still here because no one else wants him?

When I see his name on the starting sheet my heart sinks a little as it's an instant disability for our team and has been proven time and time again. 

Well that is at least constructively put. How many of our managers disagree with you though?

1 minute ago, HighPeakFox said:

Well that is at least constructively put. How many of our managers disagree with you though?

lol condensending much?

Regarding managers who knows. He is just there isn't he. We don't have and never had have the last few years decent strength in depth in the middle.

He seems to switch between CDM and CAM, to the point where he's useful whereever he's told to be based imo.

But think Drinkwater and Ndidi are better partners for a somewhat depleted and, at times, empty midfield.

Edited by Wymeswold fox

2 minutes ago, m4DD0gg said:

lol condensending much?

Regarding managers who knows. He is just there isn't he. We don't have and never had have the last few years decent strength in depth in the middle.

It wasn't meant to be, nor condescending either! I agree about the strength in the middle, but I cannot really see our various managers picking him 'because he's there'. They will see what he adds, just as they do with Okazaki and Albrighton - 2 others whose worth isn't immediately obvious to some.

10 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

Ranieri and Shakespeare think otherwise evidently.

Neither of then trust King this season. If they did DD wouldn't have been flogged. 

I'm fine with having King here if he contributes but people are seemingly happy to have him take up a valuable squad spot and pick up his wages without him actually relieving his other CMs of their duties in times of need. 

Okazaki and Albrighton have have started 60 games each in the last 2 seasons so they're different.

I urge people to judge King objectively. Judge him like you would a new signing instead of judging him on past achievements.

Edited by Koke
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Koke said:

Ranieri and Shakespeare think otherwise evidently.

Neither of then trust King this season. If they did DD wouldn't have been flogged. 

I'm fine with having King here if he contributes but people are seemingly happy to have him take up a valuable squad spot and pick up his wages without him actually relieving his other CMs of their duties in times of need. 

Okazaki and Albrighton have have started 60 games each in the last 2 seasons so they're different.

I urge people to judge King objectively. Judge him like you would a new signing instead of judging him on past achievements.

That's totally fair. He's just not used because he hangs about, he does have ability. 

Andy King is not a 'cult hero'.  Andy King is not a 'fan favourite'.   Andy King is not a 'star player'.  Andy King is not a 'great servant to the club'.

Andy King is a fvcking legend.  Take your face for a shit if you disagree. 

• Like 1

Absolute legend.

Yes he isn't our most talented player, but when he plays he does a job, like today, not the most creative but puts in a shift and helps out the team 

I remember watching this guy play in the reserves at the Hinckley Ground, he's given his all for this club 

And if he wasn't good enough he wouldn't be given new deals or played in the squad, and at the end of the day he's our highest scoring midfielder 

• Like 1

• 7 months later...