Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Andy King - 10 consecutive seasons

Andy King has and is a great servant to this football club. The question is, can he adapt to the style of play we try to implement and that's the question if he continues to be a major part of our team or a bit part player. I hope he does and we go forth with King in the team/squad for the long run.

1 hour ago, bovril said:

Seeing that trophy never gets less mental.

I'm not planning on taking my posters down for a long time/ever ;)  (The Leicester Mercury CHAMPIONS cover and the one that came with the Everton match programme)

9 hours ago, SheppyFox said:

You're suggesting not to like Andy King is not to be a fan? Haha

Not at all. All I'm saying is that not to RESPECT Andy King is not to be a fan. If you don't like/rate him, fine, that's your opinion. He's given everything for this football club, and deserves every fan's respect at a minimum imo :thumbup:

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, Devonfox1884 said:

Not at all. All I'm saying is that not to RESPECT Andy King is not to be a fan. If you don't like/rate him, fine, that's your opinion. He's given everything for this football club, and deserves every fan's respect at a minimum imo :thumbup:

An awful lot of people lack self-respect, so it's asking a lot of them to respect anyone or anything else.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Wymeswold fox said:

To me, he's improved season after season, but still plays in the same way and is the type of player that is reliable and is be needed by the fans but also he can be frustrating as he sometimes makes the same old mistakes (such as being anonymous often during some matches). Reminds me of Leon Osman imo.

Is he though? That's the crux of the matter. People keep saying he's reliable when called upon. If so, why hasn't he been called upon in the last 6 months when DD is half fit and out of form? 

King has been a great player for us and is a hero but people are letting sentiments get in the way if actual facts and objectivity. 

8 hours ago, Koke said:

Is he though? That's the crux of the matter. People keep saying he's reliable when called upon. If so, why hasn't he been called upon in the last 6 months when DD is half fit and out of form? 

King has been a great player for us and is a hero but people are letting sentiments get in the way if actual facts and objectivity. 

I like King, He has been  still is a great servant, a small legend and better footballer, than he gets credit for on this forum.

Last season he stepped in   when asked, and played damn well. 

If he is asked to play backfoot defensive midfield, noway not With this team...Put him in has an attcking frontfoot midfield,

the best position, we have always seen him play, then he does the stuff..!!

This season, like many his loyalty was abused, and asked to play unfamiliar role, in a position he was accustomed to, but

not in the style.Again we cant blanket any single player, of poor form or poor skills, under this Season Ranieris, backfoot

"Look I am Italian tactics"

Kings best years are behind him, but I for one would love to see him finish his career with City, so long as the coaching staff

are man enough to play him in his usefull , better role.When called on.

I have been fed up, Of players expecting to fill in the "Unexpected fire roles", because of poor tactics, or investment.

King being the best example, of this  Full game filler Role. And we being the then champions.

Edited by fuchsntf

He's not good enough to start but I'd much rather have Kingy as a squad player than a revolving door of journeyman for squad players. He's one of the leaders of the dressing room and a legend.

8 hours ago, Koke said:

I miss this King. <3

Me too. Just seeing @Wymeswold fox post saying he still plays the same way, which he doesn't. He's gone from a poundshop Frank Lampard, popping up in the box, smashing in 30 yarders etc. to a crab footballer now, rarely seen making late runs, only smashing in the odd long ranger. Totally different player from the one who broke into the team.

Edited by Facecloth

Tbf we don't play to his strengths, of course we have much better players who we need to play to their strengths more but King's at his best when he's played in a three. 

Edited by Wookie

Guest CityFan 06
1 minute ago, Wookie said:

Tbf we don't play to his strengths, of course we have much better players who we need to play to their strengths more but King's at his best when he's played in a three. 

The attacking player of the three, getting further forward. That's probably where he's at his best.

King's role in the team has changed and that's why he's stopped scoring the goals he used to. He's almost got more English league experience than pretty much all of out other CMs combined, so he's the steady head. Perfect example on Saturday, the game was getting frantic, Kingy comes on and every time he had the ball he made the right decision, played a calm ball into feet of just held onto it for few seconds that makes all the difference. Made a couple of good challenges too.  It would be irresponsible for him to be charging forward like he used to unless specifically instructed to do so. 

• Like 3

So Kante bins us off to leave for a bigger club before they've even finished engraving our name on the trophy, and gets labelled a snake. And we've got fans who would genuinely want to bin off our longest serving player, club legend and all-round decent guy with a great attitude towards a club who he obviously cares a lot about? Seriously, he likes it here and wants to stay regardless of first team prospects- what possible harm could that do?

Loyalty needs to work both ways.

• Like 1

I like Andy King, been a very good player for us admire his loyalty too however if people want sustained success at Leicester City you have to realise he isn't good enough for us. 

Sometimes you have to let a favourite go.. 

6 minutes ago, m4DD0gg said:

He is still crap.....just very lucky 

Your very lucky..you was born within the shire of Leicester.  He chose us.

Like it or like it not, without some of his performances, we wouldnt of even had the chance to celebrate last season..

• Like 1

Am I really reading some of the stuff on this thread?

It seems the in thing, it would seem, to praise Slimani to the sky when he actually plays and scores a goal, whilst accusing Andy King of 'being crap'.

Andy King..a City legend in my eyes.

Reminder to self...force self to stay off here for a while for fear of smashing iPad...

Edited by Col city fan
  • Like 1