Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bazly

What does Albrighton have to do?

Don't understand why Ranieri doesn't play Mahrez on the left and Grey or Albrighton on the right.  We are far too predictable.  Mahrez is always cutting in on his left foot and Albrighton on the left floats inswinging crosses to the far post instead of going on the outside and crossing with his left.  Last season we had Schlupp (while he still had a decent attitude) who could get past the full back to the goal line and cross low into the middle. 

Just now, themightyfin said:

And out of what we have who is a better supplier of the ball ?

So far this season, Fuchs and grey have put in more dangerous balls than Albrighton. Thinking back to the WBA game, wasn't musa the one who delivered the cross for the equaliser? 

I like albrighton, but there's no denying he's woefully out of form.

I like Albrighton, but he is both out of form and not playing in his natural position. Surely Ben Chilwell is a natural fit to replace him in exactly the same role? He seems very comfortable with the ball, is a proper left footed player, can take defenders on and is clearly a capable defender. Play him in front of Fuchs on the left.

Albrighton could possibly be recycled as a right back for matches where we need a more attacking player than Simpson.

23 minutes ago, WigstonWanderer said:

I like Albrighton, but he is both out of form and not playing in his natural position. Surely Ben Chilwell is a natural fit to replace him in exactly the same role? He seems very comfortable with the ball, is a proper left footed player, can take defenders on and is clearly a capable defender. Play him in front of Huth on the left.

Albrighton could possibly be recycled as a right back for matches where we need a more attacking player than Simpson.

You what?

1 hour ago, desertfox2 said:

I would say Fuchs is the best crosser we have personally. He whips the ball in with pace and on a low trajectory, a strikers dream. A keepers Nightmare

Its a no contest. Fuchs is by some way our most effective into the box crosser of the ball with foot or throw. He really does need to be applied to provide lessons to the others. Vardy is quite good too but he isn't usually in a position to cross. Then its Mahrez but he is a little down on pace. King isn't bad at crossing but he never gets into a position to cross. Drinky is more a passer than crosser. Albrighton is an out and out lobber.  Simpson couldn't hit a barn door from 6 yards.

Get Fuchs leading the lads on the training field.

He needs to stay on the bench

It took him 19 games to get his first assist ?!?

His corners are atrocious - if he is taking them, there is no need for us to have anyone in the box.

Everytime he screws up a pass, kick, dribbles, anything - Im tired of seeing him throw his arms to his side, and his head back

I dont want to hear about him needing to be on the right side.  I want to hear that Musa or Chilwell are starting instead of him.

12 minutes ago, marbles said:

He needs to stay on the bench

It took him 19 games to get his first assist ?!?

His corners are atrocious - if he is taking them, there is no need for us to have anyone in the box.

Everytime he screws up a pass, kick, dribbles, anything - Im tired of seeing him throw his arms to his side, and his head back

I dont want to hear about him needing to be on the right side.  I want to hear that Musa or Chilwell are starting instead of him.

Didn't go today then.

He was ****ing brilliant.

Have I missed something today, he was just about ok today, his sloppy clearance's nearly cost us at times.

Great ball for the goal, and barring a cross first half, other than the goal, can't remember him looking great.

The lad can play better than he has been, and his confidence looks shot, and cannot understand how he's got in everyweek, for me I would take him out of the firing line for a game or two, as he must be fatigued how much he's played.

4 minutes ago, Monsell1976 said:

Have I missed something today, he was just about ok today, his sloppy clearance's nearly cost us at times.

Great ball for the goal, and barring a cross first half, other than the goal, can't remember him looking great.

The lad can play better than he has been, and his confidence looks shot, and cannot understand how he's got in everyweek, for me I would take him out of the firing line for a game or two, as he must be fatigued how much he's played.

Bar the assist what did he do today???!!?

every pass was misplaced he looked bang average.

Just gonna leave this here. From the post match thread.

6 minutes ago, FireFox said:
15 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

Albrighton is a real asset. He just needs to be played on the right side of the pitch. Not his fault he's been played on the wrong flank the last few weeks

He's been playing on the wrong flank since Claudio took over. Somehow we won the league with him there... probably because he was in the best form of his life, could play balls over the top to an in form Vardy, or could switch the play to an in form Mahrez (who'd then be 1 on 1 with the fullback).

Vardy hasn't been given space to run into though, and Mahrez has hardly been his best or been allowed to be 1 on 1, so it's been obvious to play Albrighton on the right instead (but maybe Claudio just had too much faith what worked in last season to change it earlier). Hopefully with AFCON coming up, he can continue to preform as well as today on the right. WhoScored's MOTM today. 4 tackles, 2 interceptions, 3 clearances, and only 2 of 11 accurate crosses but both great.

12 minutes ago, Monsell1976 said:

Yes you have.

Its okay though, have a beer.

Archived