Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bazly

What does Albrighton have to do?

1 hour ago, Larry_LCFC said:

Atleast he is prepared to bloody run and try to give service unlike the rest of that shower

There's only so long that this argument can stand though - players in the championship will run about all day and wear their heart on their sleeve but you need to have quality to go with it in the prem. Albrighton is being found out week after week. 

27 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

Albrighton 16/17 season:
Goals: 0
Assists: 0
For a wide midfielder in the premier league after 18 games, that's absolutely shocking!

Mahrez: 3 goals, all pens, all in losses; and 2 assists. After 18 games, more minutes than Albrighton. For our creative maestro, that's absolutely shocking.

Albrighton is the only winger in our squad, suited to the 4-4-2/4-4-1-1.

If we are sticking to 4-4-2/4-4-1-1, I think we need a left-footed Albrighton type of player (I mean a strong defensive, support role player) to play on the opposite flank. Mahrez/Gray are a problem on the flanks in this formation, because they aren't good enough defensively.

Just now, FireFox said:

Mahrez: 3 goals, all pens, all in losses; and 2 assists. After 18 games, more minutes than Albrighton. For our creative maestro, that's absolutely shocking.

Not disagreeing with you, but Albrighton has no composure on the ball, is predictable and so wasteful.  

6 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

Not disagreeing with you, but Albrighton has no composure on the ball, is predictable and so wasteful.  

Mahrez has been predictable and wasteful too. Maybe if Albrighton was playing on the right wing consistently, he'd preform better.

17 minutes ago, FireFox said:

Albrighton doesn't have at least two or three players constantly on the back. Not his fault when the others aren't able to take advantage from the opened spaces. And when Albrighton will kill a 50 yards pass dead or transform it into an instant assist then he can be compared to the maestro. 

Love Albrighton but he was awful today.

I can't believe Gray went off rather than Albrighton. When you're playing three in midfield, there is less reason to want a defensive contribution from your wide men (which are effectively wide forwards rather than midfielders), you can get away with Mahrez & Gray if you're playing a midfield three. Granted Mahrez didn't do a lot but put both players in the same situation five times I guarantee Mahrez delivers more.

2 hours ago, Fox92 said:

He was pathetic. Shouldn't play next game but will. 

Should have been hooked instead of Gray.

Thank Christ I'm not the only one who was thinking this.

I thought I was being pretty harsh on him but when I actually thought about his performances I can only remember his crosses either being knee high to a grasshopper or over-hit.

He does get back and help defend and puts in a shift every game in terms of effort but it's the quality of his deliveries that I find really frustrating. 

Just now, srevell580 said:

Thank Christ I'm not the only one who was thinking this.

I thought I was being pretty harsh on him but when I actually thought about his performances I can only remember his crosses either being knee high to a grasshopper or over-hit.

He does get back and help defend and puts in a shift every game in terms of effort but it's the quality of his deliveries that I find really frustrating. 

He doesn't beat the first man with his crossing and he constantly loses the ball.

1 minute ago, Fox92 said:

He doesn't beat the first man with his crossing and he constantly loses the ball.

I completely agree. Today I would have rather seen Albrighton get the hook when Mahrez came on but we decided to persist with MA. Would like to see Gray and Mahrez start together vs West Ham.

1 hour ago, FireFox said:

Don't get what point you are trying to make here but didn't we draw vs midbro?

Archived