Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bazly

What does Albrighton have to do?

6 minutes ago, les-tah said:

Bar the assist what did he do today???!!?

every pass was misplaced he looked bang average.

He put some other threatening crosses in, and made some good challenges in our third. Did a lot of defensive work positionally too.

Definitely a player who has taken a step back this season. Don't forget he played almost every game last year on the left hand side, but he did look a lot better on the right today.

Just now, Webbo said:

Claudio likes them to come inside, that's his tactic, it worked last season.

Yes, we know it is his tactic, and it worked amazingly last season. But it hasn't been working that well this season, and with a striker like Slimani, we should be getting quality crosses into the box.

Just now, Lako42 said:

Yes you have.

Its okay though, have a beer.

Sober mate, my opinion is, he's did better than he has, but he's been that awful, it's not hard to be better.

If you take his performance compared to his last say 10, he was great, for him, but still not great.

To me he isn't in form or confident, looks leggy, and I will stick by what I posted, I would take him out of the firing line, and rest him, we have other options.

2 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

Payet only got 2 of 11 accurate crosses and he had Andy Carrol to aim at 

I was just pointing out the stats, not trying to be critical. Didn't want to try to 'hide' the 2 of 11 when one was headed onto the post and the other into the net.

Also was Rob Tanner's MOTM.

13 minutes ago, les-tah said:

That's what I'm saying, he's played far worse,   Not saying he played poorly, but for me wasn't great, and didn't do enough to warrant keeping his place.

A peach of a cross for the goal.

Not long after that he made a well timed tackle in our penalty area, the sort of thing Andy King does that gets largely ignored.

In common with his teammates he was less impressive second half.

29 minutes ago, les-tah said:

Made a goal saving tackle,and if he got it wrong would have been a penalty.

Were you actually at the match?

Bar a few misplaced passes in the first half I thought he played really well today, really put in a shift and was quite positive going forward too -More so than usual.

Slimani really needs Albrighton more than any other player to be on his game and supply him with a steady flow of decent crosses.

2 hours ago, FireFox said:

I was just pointing out the stats, not trying to be critical. Didn't want to try to 'hide' the 2 of 11 when one was headed onto the post and the other into the net.

Also was Rob Tanner's MOTM.

Sorry I wasn't trying to be either I was trying to back your point up 

Funny how Leicester fans say they just need their players to give 100% and they will be happy.

Albright on gave everything for the team today and people still slag his passing and crossing stats off.

A player like him will always give the ball away but he works his bollocks off and today his delivery was the difference between 1 and 3 points.

We need to give players credit where its due when they give 100% regardless of outcome.

7 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

Funny how Leicester fans say they just need their players to give 100% and they will be happy.

Albright on gave everything for the team today and people still slag his passing and crossing stats off.

A player like him will always give the ball away but he works his bollocks off and today his delivery was the difference between 1 and 3 points.

We need to give players credit where its due when they give 100% regardless of outcome.

Today he was great, got back well and looked dangerous... can't see how anyone can question him too much. However he hasn't had anywhere near that level of performance often this season, one assist says it all. I would love him to continue like he did today, being on the right certainly made him more effective 

The opinions on here lol

You'd think we were talking about Josh Low or Lee fvcking Philpott. Albrighton has suffered more than anyone with our reverse winger system which hopefully is finally being put to bed as an old and sussed out idea. Yes, he has the occasional bad game, yes, some crosses are wayward but I wish the likes of Mr Ballon D'or put as much effort in as he does. He tracks back, made a great tackle on Payet in the box and even beat two men to recover his own shit pass at one point. Some of the opinions here, even when he's been MOTM in a lot of people's eyes are just ridiculous. He got dropped earlier in the season and Schlupp came in and showed us just how shit awful a winger can be. And credit to Albrighton as being one of the few who actually stops to applaud the fans too. Half the team sprinted off and were probably half way through the shower gel by the time he went off the pitch. It's nice for players to give a shit.

4 minutes ago, iancognito said:

The opinions on here lol

You'd think we were talking about Josh Low or Lee fvcking Philpott. Albrighton has suffered more than anyone with our reverse winger system which hopefully is finally being put to bed as an old and sussed out idea. Yes, he has the occasional bad game, yes, some crosses are wayward but I wish the likes of Mr Ballon D'or put as much effort in as he does. He tracks back, made a great tackle on Payet in the box and even beat two men to recover his own shit pass at one point. Some of the opinions here, even when he's been MOTM in a lot of people's eyes are just ridiculous. He got dropped earlier in the season and Schlupp came in and showed us just how shit awful a winger can be. And credit to Albrighton as being one of the few who actually stops to applaud the fans too. Half the team sprinted off and were probably half way through the shower gel by the time he went off the pitch. It's nice for players to give a shit.

Good post, You know whatever the situation he will give his all and the same can't be said for everyone this year.

Today was his best game of the season up there with Bruges away. The cross for the goal, the cross for the sitter Slim missed, his defensive work, he skinned players left right and centre. 

4 hours ago, jammie82uk said:

Payet only got 2 of 11 accurate crosses and he had Andy Carrol to aim at 

Rather have Silmani than him to aim

at TBH. Carroll is a magician's apprentice - when the tricks hit, they hit. When they don't, he's a pretender.

23 minutes ago, UPinCarolina said:

Rather have Silmani than him to aim

at TBH. Carroll is a magician's apprentice - when the tricks hit, they hit. When they don't, he's a pretender.

Don't get me wrong I would rather have Silmani as well 

Archived