Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bazly

What does Albrighton have to do?

4 hours ago, Fox92 said:

Ranieiri said post match he thought Albrighton was good so, yet again, he'll (sadly) start against West Ham.

Please tell me this isn't true. If it is, our manager either needs new specs or he is seriously deluded.

3 hours ago, Slim Dog said:

Don't know why people backed him in the first place. He's so poor. People think he has pace as well  lol The only thing he does is cut in on his right and put in a shit cross.

Maybe if we switched wingers and played them on their correct side for once things would be different.Cutting in from both sides so predictable! 

He plays because he is more workmanlike as a wide midfielder and gives defensive support. Unfortunately he is a 6.5/10 player. He occasionally gives you a 7.5 performance but is rarely the main man. He is a decent squad player but I would still like to see him as a right wing back in a 532, especially away from home. I think he will do the job better than Simpson.

1 hour ago, Ashley said:

3 from memory

Ok let's go with your 3?!

His future just be there's then! Ha ha ha 

He's played over 160 career games and 3 at wing-back so his future lays there?

I ask you again are you the next manager in waiting? You clearly know something the rest of us don't.

8 hours ago, desertfox2 said:

He floats the ball in with not much pace most of the time. His crossing is seriously overestimated by some. 

Gives the keeper way too much time to collect and even if one of our players gets a head on it there's no pace on the ball to do anything with it.

Fuchs whips the ball in. Way better crosser of the ball.

Here we go again. The fact that Mahrez occupies the right wing is the reason Albrighton is unable to play to his full potential.If you are playing a prolific header of the ball (Slimani) then Albrighton must be played in his best position of right wing. Let us not forget he was playing out of position all last season. It is quite obvious that Demari Gray enjoys cutting in off the left wing and to play him today on the right was Claudio's error, which now seems to be a recurring problem. Mahrez is not developing, as he needs to add different aspects to his game, which constantly playing on the right, does not afford him the opportunity or the tactical nouse to impact our game. The blame lies with Ranieri and there is no getting away from that!

2 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

Here we go again. The fact that Mahrez occupies the right wing is the reason Albrighton is unable to play to his full potential.If you are playing a prolific header of the ball (Slimani) then Albrighton must be played in his best position of right wing. Let us not forget he was playing out of position all last season. It is quite obvious that Demari Gray enjoys cutting in off the left wing and to play him today on the right was Claudio's error, which now seems to be a recurring problem. Mahrez is not developing, as he needs to add different aspects to his game, which constantly playing on the right, does not afford him the opportunity or the tactical nouse to impact our game. The blame lies with Ranieri and there is no getting away from that!

I don't disagree with you that Albrighton and others for that matter are playing out of position. Albrighton on the right would be crossing out-swinging instead of in-swinging and it wouldn't swing to the keeper to catch everytime. But I still think he needs to be crossing with a lower trajectory and with more pace. Mahrez perhaps could benefit from a change of position he is good enough surely to be moved about. At the moment every side sets up knowing where on the pitch he will be. If he was perhaps put a bit more central would give him a chance to have more impact on the game and catch sides off guard. I get your points. And I agree that Ranieri has to sort this out but he should be given time to do so as I just don't think we can sack someone (And i'm not suggesting you are suggesting he should be) who has just achieved the greatest feat of any Leicester manager of all time. Nobody deserves the chance to sort it out more than he does. But yes questions are being asked and they should be being asked.  

7 hours ago, themightyfin said:

Ok let's go with your 3?!

His future just be there's then! Ha ha ha 

He's played over 160 career games and 3 at wing-back so his future lays there?

I ask you again are you the next manager in waiting? You clearly know something the rest of us don't.

Was I the one who originally said it no. Have a word with yourself you muppet.

He is your poor-man's James Milner, a true work horse, but when he has a stinker, he really is dog-shite.

If you can't make the right pass or cross at the right time, running yourself to the ground won't help the team much more either.

The only reason why CR kept him instead of Gray yesterday was for his volume of play, and even this was a blinder of a decision, period.

3 hours ago, desertfox2 said:

I don't disagree with you that Albrighton and others for that matter are playing out of position. Albrighton on the right would be crossing out-swinging instead of in-swinging and it wouldn't swing to the keeper to catch everytime. But I still think he needs to be crossing with a lower trajectory and with more pace. Mahrez perhaps could benefit from a change of position he is good enough surely to be moved about. At the moment every side sets up knowing where on the pitch he will be. If he was perhaps put a bit more central would give him a chance to have more impact on the game and catch sides off guard. I get your points. And I agree that Ranieri has to sort this out but he should be given time to do so as I just don't think we can sack someone (And i'm not suggesting you are suggesting he should be) who has just achieved the greatest feat of any Leicester manager of all time. Nobody deserves the chance to sort it out more than he does. But yes questions are being asked and they should be being asked.  

Just to clarify. Why would Albrighton be crossing out-swingers as a right footed player ,playing on the right. His natural delivery would be in-swinging balls. Early balls whipped in with pace is what he can provide given the chance. If we played with 3 at the back, with Mahrez in a free role, might be the answer.

Normally like him but yesterday he was very poor.

He wasn't always playing on his favoured left wing and also having to defend but it was like watching someone from the crowd being asked to play in his suit shoes.

He wasn't at the races all game other than the very odd time and should have been substituted in the first half.

He knew himself he was poor and it was pitiful to watch. Did face the cop at the end though when he could've been forgiven for just legging it. Full credit for that.

I don't think Ranieri rates him over Gray, but he does want to have some balance to the side. It was Chilwell's first ever PL game, so Ranieri will have wanted to protect him with a winger that doesn't wander off. 

Predictably, Everton did target Chilwell, so that decision was justified...up until the part where Everton scored and we needed to get back into the game. Albrighton works really hard, but he's not a Gray or Mahrez - he's a workhorse old-fashioned winger who's off-form at the moment.

I'd like to see Gray replace him, or maybe Fuchs on that left side. 

1 hour ago, sacreblueits442 said:

Just to clarify. Why would Albrighton be crossing out-swingers as a right footed player ,playing on the right. His natural delivery would be in-swinging balls. Early balls whipped in with pace is what he can provide given the chance. If we played with 3 at the back, with Mahrez in a free role, might be the answer.

If he's right footed playing on the right then the crosses will be out-swinging- away from the keeper. If he's right footed playing on the left they will be in-swinging and towards the keeper.

7 minutes ago, desertfox2 said:

If he's right footed playing on the right then the crosses will be out-swinging- away from the keeper. If he's right footed playing on the left they will be in-swinging and towards the keeper.

Not too sure but I believe your understanding of the direction of ball movement is somewhat flawed.

He was very poor yesterday but his task was partly to protect Chilwell and those two were doing a very good job of nullifying their threat down the right in the first half, and we had spells where we looked like we could score too. Obviously he has to offer more though, and Gray always looked more likely to make something happen going forward, so he should've stayed on.

3 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

Not too sure but I believe your understanding of the direction of ball movement is somewhat flawed.

It really isn't.  If you are right footed playing right midfield and crossing the ball it will swing away from the keeper. Unless you are crossing with the outside of the foot or laces. 

If you are right footed and take a corner from the right side see what happens if you cross with the inside of your foot like 99% of crosses it will go away from the keeper.

Archived