Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bazly

What does Albrighton have to do?

Our mate Marky, he cannot pass unless its like taking a 9 iron on a tee facing a 550 yard fairway. His crosses into the box prefer the pitching wedge trajectory. He cannot tackle at all. You are often left wondering why, why is he playing and then completely lost as to why he is playing the full 94 minutes. If Marky is as good as it gets then its going to be home to Leeds next season will be as good as it gets.

Really don't understand all the hate for Albrighton, puts in an absolute shift every game, the amount of work he does on and off the ball is phenomenal.

I would argue today a few of his crosses needed someone attacking them rather than letting the keeper casually walk through and claim the ball.

He put in 12 crosses, not a single one successful. But it's not entirely his fault no one got a head to them, and when he put in those crosses he usually didn't have other options.
And when Mahrez comes on, Albrighton is pretty much stick to the left side, although Mahrez did nothing on the right, and Ulloa and Slimani are up front wanting crosses.

He floats the ball in with not much pace most of the time. His crossing is seriously overestimated by some. 

Gives the keeper way too much time to collect and even if one of our players gets a head on it there's no pace on the ball to do anything with it.

Fuchs whips the ball in. Way better crosser of the ball.

I'm normally on here backing him to the hilt 

but today was certainly not his best game giving the ball away constantly 

miss placed pass after miss placed pass 

dreadful corners dreadful free kicks 

I was truely thinking he wouldn't make it back out after halftime 

the decision to to keep him on and not grey was very surprising 

29 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

Really don't understand all the hate for Albrighton, puts in an absolute shift every game, the amount of work he does on and off the ball is phenomenal.

I would argue today a few of his crosses needed someone attacking them rather than letting the keeper casually walk through and claim the ball.

He's been like it all season. Sorry to say it but he's been awful. Can't cross to save his life and never beats the first man. Was good last season but we can't live on that forever.

36 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

You have to actually be able to play football, too, though. It's becoming evident that he can't.

No excuses or defence for him today, he was hopeless and pulled out of a couple of challenges.

However, most of the time he puts in a great defensive shift, is an important cog in our pressing game (which we refuse to play now for some reason) and consistently delivers quality crosses.

If we're judging him on this season alone then we'd have to do the same for every player and concede that every one of our players (bar Drinkwater maybe) is awful.

So pipe down, there are plenty of players more deserving of their own negative thread.

3 minutes ago, daddylonglegs said:

You have to actually be able to play football, too, though. It's becoming evident that he can't.

Is it also evident that Vardy, Mahrez, Fuchs, and Morgan can't as well then?

Or do we cut them some slack because last season they proved they are better than they are performing at the moment?

At least treat all players the same, Albrighton clearly can play football (if we're using that phrase let's at least level it at those who clearly can't kick a football, I.e Slimani, Huth, Musa, Amartey) but like others he's having an absolute mare and performing well below what's expected.

4 minutes ago, Kitchandro said:

No excuses or defence for him today, he was hopeless and pulled out of a couple of challenges.

However, most of the time he puts in a great defensive shift, is an important cog in our pressing game (which we refuse to play now for some reason) and consistently delivers quality crosses.

If we're judging him on this season alone then we'd have to do the same for every player and concede that every one of our players (bar Drinkwater maybe) is awful.

So pipe down, there are plenty of players more deserving of their own negative thread.

lol. His crosses are all but quality And that's not only based on today.

you have to think this way. At full strength, you would say we have 2 creative players using this 4-4-2 formation, the wingers. As an opposition team, would any team in this division say that when they see albrighton on our team sheet that they are frightened or worried. Not a chance!

Cant fault his work rate, but that has to be in tandem with creating chances, otherwise whats the point in playing a "creative" player.

in fact this is a very similar argument to what we were saying about John stones a couple of weeks back. Great at something that someone in his position isnt normally good at, but the main attribute they are supposed to bring to the team, they cant

He should be taking crossing lessons from Fuchs. Honestly I'd rather have Chilwell and Fuchs on the left side than him in current form. He works so heavily, but nothing ever comes of it, he can't even tackle anymore. How can Ranieri rate him over Gray, I don't understand. Needs to be dropped even for his own sake as he tends to beat himself up when having a bad game, which make things even worse as he rarely has a good game this season

I'm a big fan of his, but he was dreadful today, and has been on too many occasions lately. For what it's worth, I thought Mahrez was a waste of time too when he came on, and couldn't understand why we didn't switch the wingers (as we did a few times first half) to try to keep full backs guessing. It's as if we don't want to do anything to help our wide players.

Archived