Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MPH

Should we keep Ranieri as manager?

Do you want to keep Ranieri as manager?  

460 members have voted

1. 1. Should we keep Ranieri as manager?

• Yes
    • No
    • Undecided

31 minutes ago, Edingleyfox said:

A couple more defeats over the new year and you can imagine the owners considering Hodgson or Hiddinck to steady the ship.Whether it would work I don't know and I really hope Ranieri turns around but it must start over the next couple of games.

We are a  bit too cautious and defensively minded at the moment as some of the substitutions showed .At some point we need to go for it and play with some pace and flare or be less predictable with the formation or we will need another great escape.

Hodgson!???

If we replace Ranieri with Roy ****ing Hodgson then I'm done with football.

Roy Hodgson, dear oh dear

Just now, foxfanazer said:

Don't see any evidence to suggest we are comfortably better than anyone at the moment, except maybe Swansea. If you don't think we are in a relegation battle then I think you're in for a shock mate 

I think we're in a relegation battle, don't think we'll go down though, I think it'd be pushing the panic button to get rid of our most successful manager ever for a bad spell which hasn't yet seen us in the drop zone. Hull and Sunderland wouldn't have breezed past Man City at home, and we saw some of the fighting qualities that kept us up two years ago away at Stoke. I personally think we're far more capable of putting a run together and getting out of it than the sides around us, and we don't look like relegation certs. 

3 minutes ago, theessexfox said:

I think we're in a relegation battle, don't think we'll go down though, I think it'd be pushing the panic button to get rid of our most successful manager ever for a bad spell which hasn't yet seen us in the drop zone. Hull and Sunderland wouldn't have breezed past Man City at home, and we saw some of the fighting qualities that kept us up two years ago away at Stoke. I personally think we're far more capable of putting a run together and getting out of it than the sides around us, and we don't look like relegation certs. 

In all honesty I don't want him to go. He's a top manager and a lovely bloke but if your team is losing week in week out its the managers job to find a resolution and so far he hasn't addressed the problems. 

I don't like to make excuses but Pep handed us that game, we did well but 3 centre backs of which the only natural centre back was the car crash that is John Stones helped massively.

We can put a run together but changes need to be made and if CR can do it then that's the perfect outcome. If he can't then we have to look elsewhere

33 minutes ago, Izzet is God said:

Sorry...was someone else our manager last season?

It does frustrate me how some people seem to think us winning the league last season had nothing to do with CR.

I assume the man simply turned up to work everyday of last season and said nothing and we happened to do the unthinkable? 

CR has been a success at practically all clubs he's been at. He can't be blamed for the dibacal at Greece either...

This annoys me as well. Let's judge Pearson by the season he was actually managing us where he finished 14th not the season after when almost the same group of players won the league.

Pearson put together 90% of the squad and backroom and deserves a lot of credit but saying it was all down to him is crazy. I really hope the people who are saying that are taking the piss. 

1 minute ago, Danizen said:

This annoys me as well. Let's judge Pearson by the season he was actually managing us where he finished 14th not the season after when almost the same group of players won the league.

Pearson put together 90% of the squad and backroom and deserves a lot of credit but saying it was all down to him is crazy. I really hope the people who are saying that are taking the piss. 

I find it hard to believe that there are people that can't recognise that both have had massive input into this clubs amazing successes over the past 6 or 7 years

Got so much to be thankful to them both for. To dismiss either is moronic

There's no doubt CR has the experience to turn things around. The first problem is he can only use the players we have until the window and we now know the squad isn't good enough.

Who we sign in the Window will show if CR has the know how to take us forward. His record in the market to date has been poor to average. Ulloa offered more passion yesterday than Slimani in the last few games. He's not half the player Ulloa is. If only Ulloa was a few years younger.     

This season for me now is making sure we stay up and I think we will do pretty comfortably in the end and then then ranieri can go in the summer and we look to refresh. 

He's not helping himself though with his inability or stubbornness to not try something new. He's made a career out of being the tinker man but now won't change anything. 

We we need to make an attempt to win the midfield. 

I voted Yes.

Many people say he deserves a year's grace and I agree. We have a small squad that coped with 38 Premier League games last year because we took the cup competitions fairly lightlty. There's no chance we could do that with the Champions League this year.

Adding to the thin squad was always going to be difficult without breaking the team spirit or disrupting the fluidity of a team that largely used the same 14 or 15 players all season and in which everyone understood their roles.

Rotation was always needed this year but when that includes playing players who were squad players (at best) in the Championship, it was always going to be a rocky season.

Add this to the disruption of a very busy and disappointing preseason, Walshy and Kanté leaving, Shakey's disruptive experience with England, and the unfortunate injuries and suspensions we've had so far - and it's adding up to a frustrating season up to now.

However, even though I voted Yes, I don't think Claudio is immune from criticism. There has to be a reason why he hasn't changed the system. Does he think the players aren't capable of a different formation or style of play? Is he convinced we'll come good in time? Is he waiting for the January window to sort it? One thing is for sure, if we're expecting a 19-year-old to come in and save us then we'll be extremely disappointed. The whole squad need to sort their performances out, and when it is the whole squad then it does start with the manager.

I remain convinced that Ranieri will sort it, though, and like I say, he deserves the time to sort it. But we're 1 game away from the halfway point of the season. Ranieri may have said we were in a relegation battle early, but we're definitely in one now.

I don't want him to go, but I'm unsure how else this will turn around.

it is clearly the players that arn't preforming, but ranieri is not trying anything new. The same thing is happening week in week out. And his substitution of Gray yesterday was baffling to say the least. 

We either have to be to change it up now or give him until the summer. No good sacking him in Feb/march. We are in a relegation fight now so tough decisions need to be made by the board.

And no, of course I hav'nt forgot what he did last season. But it's our future I'm looking at now. 

1 hour ago, Barky said:

Hodgson!???

If we replace Ranieri with Roy ****ing Hodgson then I'm done with football.

Roy Hodgson, dear oh dear

If Woy comes then I won't bother going to KP anymore, not just about the style of football but the guy is a dinosaur, ancient tactics, poor motivator and an old git.

Should have retired from football long ago! in fact never mind about Allardyce bringing the english game into disrepute! what Hodgson done to the England team was much worse.

On Claude if was to go tomorrow I'd be very sad and believe he can be given more time however I can understand the board's decision if they were to move him on. Claude could leave Leicester proud and the fans would thank him for everything he's done over just a year. 

At the end of the day it doesn't really matter what we think or want, if we carry on like this we will probably go down...no point in trying to sugar coat it, we're down there with no real signs of getting out of it. If it comes to it and we don't improve over January the owners will get rid of him.

I think if we lose to West Ham that'll be it for Ranieri.

I feel sorry for him in some senses because the players have let him down. The system's been at fault for a while but the players in those positions haven't tried for the most part. 1 in 5 game players like King and Amartey are repeat offenders.

I'd be gutted to see him go but I'd be more gutted to see us drop out of the league.

8 minutes ago, Durnerz said:

I think if we lose to West Ham that'll be it for Ranieri.

I feel sorry for him in some senses because the players have let him down. The system's been at fault for a while but the players in those positions haven't tried for the most part. 1 in 5 game players like King and Amartey are repeat offenders.

I'd be gutted to see him go but I'd be more gutted to see us drop out of the league.

Couldn't agree more, one name to throw into the ring which would be a huge gamble and that would be someone like Klinsmann. Another manager for years whose been linked to the premier league could we take that chance?

3 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

Couldn't agree more, one name to throw into the ring which would be a huge gamble and that would be someone like Klinsmann. Another manager for years whose been linked to the premier league could we take that chance?

Yeah I'd be tempted to go for Klinsmann. Mancini could be an option but money could be an issue there. Otherwise it's a case of scraping the barrel or tempting someone away from a current position.

3 minutes ago, Durnerz said:

Yeah I'd be tempted to go for Klinsmann. Mancini could be an option but money could be an issue there. Otherwise it's a case of scraping the barrel or tempting someone away from a current position.

One just came to mind which I forgot all about and that's Benitez? of course down in the championship with Newcastle could we tempt him away? Champions League winner!

2 hours ago, Izzet is God said:

Sorry...was someone else our manager last season?

It does frustrate me how some people seem to think us winning the league last season had nothing to do with CR.

I assume the man simply turned up to work everyday of last season and said nothing and we happened to do the unthinkable? 

CR has been a success at practically all clubs he's been at. He can't be blamed for the dibacal at Greece either...

Well I think he was qouted as saying the teamtalks took care of them selves, we got off to a winning start, so "tinkering" wasn't a major factor factor in his management.

steve Walsh was on the training field along side him and the dugout advising.

The team were fairly confindence after a fabulous run at the end of the prior season.

The contrasting factors to what he had to do last year and what he has to this year are huge.

For all the people saying he took little old Leicester to the title and deserves to stay as long as he wants, it was a team that had lost 4 games in 50 odd games surely on the flip side his making that same team plus investment relegation fodder in 6 months.

They say the true test of a manager is when the chips are down and how the players are motivated and bounce back.

did hazzard want to perform for mouriniho 

does mahrez want to perform for CR any longer ?

Watching Leicester is like Groundhog Day,

the away form has slowly replicated itself at home, how many times must we see the same tired and tested formation and tactics look inept against even the "poorer opposition"

the same old sayings after every match are wearing thin.

"we must fight"

etc etc 

how about try changing the formation and actually doing what you are paid to do, instead of saying "I ask the players and they are happy and insist on the 4-4-2"

Its half a season now how many times have we actually seen good performances thoughout the 90 mins??

1 minute ago, Leicesterpool said:

One just came to mind which I forgot all about and that's Benitez? of course down in the championship with Newcastle could we tempt him away?

My only issue with him is if you think Ranieri's stubborn Rafa is ten times worse.

Ndidi is coming in January. Not only this but we'll very likely bring in one or two other faces to reinforce the squad and put that creative spirit back in the team.

Ranners is going nowhere until he has another transfer window to sort the team out. I have confidence that he will. It might not be the 10th place finish I expected, but there'll be time given to bed these players in and pull us back from the  brink.

41 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

If Woy comes then I won't bother going to KP anymore, not just about the style of football but the guy is a dinosaur, ancient tactics, poor motivator and an old git.

Should have retired from football long ago! in fact never mind about Allardyce bringing the english game into disrepute! what Hodgson done to the England team was much worse.

On Claude if was to go tomorrow I'd be very sad and believe he can be given more time however I can understand the board's decision if they were to move him on. Claude could leave Leicester proud and the fans would thank him for everything he's done over just a year. 

With you 1000 per cent.

If we sack Ranieri to replace him with Woy fookin Hodgson I'm out. I'll stop going.

I really don't think sacking him is the right answer, although I will say that for the first time, I blame yesterday's defeat on him, his substitution of Gray was inexcusable, he was (with Chilwell) our best player whilst Albrighton was by far the worst. He keeps talking about not playing mahrez and gray together but they will create and score goals, when we are 1-0 down and in a relegation fight what do we need? Some attacking flare! Outscore the opponent, if our defense is shiite there's not much we can do unless we buy well in January! Outscore the opponent (like we did at the start of last season) will ignite our form. 

If Ranieri doesn't see that the fans want our team to give 100% and then says that Albrighton "had a good game" then perhaps someone needs to have a word, but I can't say we should get rid of him

Archived