Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bald reynard

Benalouane to Bologna

15 minutes ago, Webbo said:

I think the chances of us having 3 CBs injured at the same time are quite slim tbh.

It's not even about injuries though, it's about not having any competition for places for poor performances. How many times have we been 2/3 nil down at half time due to abysmal errors by our defence and we have to make subs to the midfield and attack because the defence have fcuked it? Huth, Morgan and Simpson are free to do what they want and won't be replaced.

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

It's not even about injuries though, it's about not having any competition for places for poor performances. How many times have we been 2/3 nil down at half time due to abysmal errors by our defence and we have to make subs to the midfield and attack because the defence have fcuked it? Huth, Morgan and Simpson are free to do what they want and won't be replaced.

I think what Huth, Morgan and Simpson want to do is succeed like the rest of us. Amartey can play RB or CB, N'Didi too apparently, I'm sure Fuchs could play CB if required. As for King in midfield we have Mendy back from injury now.

All this hysteria. People just want us to sign anyone whether they're an improvement or not so they can complain about them being a waste of money when they don't get a game.

****'s sake, this is getting to be a joke now. What was all that talk about in pre-season? 'We'll need the squad' 'We're going to use the squad' - now he's selling off or getting rid of the vast majority of cover we've got... that's Schlupp, Hernandez, James and now potentially Benalouane gone in January. Four players - three of them defensive cover - and no sign of anyone else coming in any time soon. It's like we're clearing the decks, but what for...?

So, let's imagine we do sell Benalouane, then we play Burnley on 31st Feb - Morgan tears his hamstring and Huth gets a 3 match ban for lobbing an elbow at Joey Barton. That's a worst case scenario, and obviously not very likely, but the point is that if we're without Huth and Morgan for any length of time, we'd be left with a makeshift, patchwork defence, with Wasilewski as our only recognised CB. This is not how you run a club - what on earth has happened to this club since last season? It's like everyone from the boardroom right down to the players have absolutely lost their minds.

If we had a budget of 30 million and half of that is spent on ndidi and the other half it earmarked towards ramierez then theres every chance we have to sell players before we can get some more in... If thats the case i'd be very surprised if players were not lined up to replace the ones we are selling, especially considering hernandez has just been sold...

32 minutes ago, Webbo said:

I think what Huth, Morgan and Simpson want to do is succeed like the rest of us. Amartey can play RB or CB, N'Didi too apparently, I'm sure Fuchs could play CB if required. As for King in midfield we have Mendy back from injury now.

All this hysteria. People just want us to sign anyone whether they're an improvement or not so they can complain about them being a waste of money when they don't get a game.

Oh so because they want to means they will do? Amartey and Ndidi aren't going to be put in to defence through poor performance from the current mob, they'll fill in as a last resort. That is not good enough. We're still in 3 competitions and our only cover for centre half and right back is a 36/37 year old. Fuchs has been appalling since well before Christmas so I've no confidence in him slipping in to central defence either. Let's not make any excuses here, we have a manager who collects wingers and forwards who seems uninterested or concerned about our horrible defence.

Ranieri need to answer for this.

He signed Benny. He paid nearly  £6m for him. He froze him completely out and let him rot in the reserves for unknown reasons.

I wish journalists would question Ranieri about this.

5 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Oh so because they want to means they will do? Amartey and Ndidi aren't going to be put in to defence through poor performance from the current mob, they'll fill in as a last resort. That is not good enough. We're still in 3 competitions and our only cover for centre half and right back is a 36/37 year old. Fuchs has been appalling since well before Christmas so I've no confidence in him slipping in to central defence either. Let's not make any excuses here, we have a manager who collects wingers and forwards who seems uninterested or concerned about our horrible defence.

And you know he isn't trying to sign a defender?

59 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Good post, all this panicking about possibly losing Benalouane. lol

Our situation isn't ideal but we have four months left of the season so I only want us to buy if it's the right player and right deal. At the moment we have Morgan, Huth, Wasilewski, Amartey. Ndidi or Fuchs. That's six options in a crisis and whilst some of those are not ideal they'd be capable, to hear people go on they're half expecting a centre half pairing of Hamer and Mendy.

1 hour ago, Webbo said:

Amartey can't play RB - he's been tried there a few times and not looked good. We don't know what he's like at CB - Claudio has never tried him there, in 12 months with us (though perhaps with his Ghana experience, he might give him a go now).  Fuchs definitely can't play CB - his performance against (an admittedly good) Chelsea, was atrocious. 

1 hour ago, indierich06 said:

****'s sake, this is getting to be a joke now. What was all that talk about in pre-season? 'We'll need the squad' 'We're going to use the squad' - now he's selling off or getting rid of the vast majority of cover we've got... that's Schlupp, Hernandez, James and now potentially Benalouane gone in January. Four players - three of them defensive cover - and no sign of anyone else coming in any time soon. It's like we're clearing the decks, but what for...?

So, let's imagine we do sell Benalouane, then we play Burnley on 31st Feb - Morgan tears his hamstring and Huth gets a 3 match ban for lobbing an elbow at Joey Barton. That's a worst case scenario, and obviously not very likely, but the point is that if we're without Huth and Morgan for any length of time, we'd be left with a makeshift, patchwork defence, with Wasilewski as our only recognised CB. This is not how you run a club - what on earth has happened to this club since last season? It's like everyone from the boardroom right down to the players have absolutely lost their minds.

I certainly agree with this, no succession planning or developing on the back of last year. We appear to have just wanted to bask in the limelight as we slip down the league!!!

Guest bennytwohats
1 hour ago, indierich06 said:

Come on man. I recognise the need for defensive cover as much as anyone - we are clearly light. But let's not pretend that we are going to struggle without the players that have been let go. Theyve either not featured, of featured a little a been shit, with most on here pretty adamant that they should be nowhere near the squad.

That doesn't detract from the point that we are desperately short of quality and depth in the defence. It's just true with or without the players that have been let go.

Love how Benny (however much he seems a top bloke for all his off the field wackiness) has become critical to our defence plan, and cannot be let go!  Not playing really improves how good players are in the minds of some fans!

I would play Amartey all day ahead of Benny.  I don't think I would want to play Ndidi in the back 4 unless desperate, he already seems to be too critical to our midfield...  

1 hour ago, Koke said:

He signed Benny. He paid nearly  £6m for him. He froze him completely out and let him rot in the reserves for unknown reasons.

I wish they would too. But there's so much stage management these days they ask very little that's likely to stir the pot and when they do they get the Pearsonbrush!

In the end. the control freaks get their way. So much money involved these days and so many wealthy or inflated egos to keep pacified. Look at the situation with referees. They're almost a protected species.        

1 hour ago, Koke said:

Done ✅ 

19 minutes ago, HoustonFox said:

Love how Benny (however much he seems a top bloke for all his off the field wackiness) has become critical to our defence plan, and cannot be let go!  Not playing really improves how good players are in the minds of some fans!

I would play Amartey all day ahead of Benny.  I don't think I would want to play Ndidi in the back 4 unless desperate, he already seems to be too critical to our midfield...  

He didn't look too critical against Southampton. Still....early days

14 minutes ago, HoustonFox said:

Done ✅ 

Fantastic. It's amazing that Ranieri hasn't been asked about this at all. I hope they do but as @Thracian said many journos don't want to stir the pot sadly, or they will get the Pearson treatment. 

The Benalouane situation is very bizarre.

3 minutes ago, Koke said:

Fantastic. It's amazing that Ranieri hasn't been asked about this at all. I hope they do but as @Thracian said many journos don't want to stir the pot sadly, or they will get the Pearson treatment. 

The Kapustka situation is bizarre, how can he not be ready for the premier league but scores regularly as a starter at international level? Plain weird. 

2 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

The Kapustka situation is bizarre, how can he not be ready for the premier league but scores regularly as a starter at international level? Plain weird. 

It's also weird because we have other 20-21 year olds in Gray, Chilwell, Amartey and Ndidi who play often for us. Ndidi played 90 minutes away at Everton 5 days after signing for us. Kapustka have been here 6 months and can't even get on the bench.

I'm more hopeful about Kapustka though because he's still young.

15 minutes ago, Koke said:

I'm sure I'll get my normal twitter reaction of..... nothing! lol

57 minutes ago, HoustonFox said:

You mock him but he was actually decent in a few cup games and with how terrible our defence is people think he deserves a shot.

2 hours ago, MPH said:

If we had a budget of 30 million and half of that is spent on ndidi and the other half it earmarked towards ramierez then theres every chance we have to sell players before we can get some more in... If thats the case i'd be very surprised if players were not lined up to replace the ones we are selling, especially considering hernandez has just been sold...

However as Jeffrey S went for £12.5 million the net spend is only £2.5 million or thereabouts.  No justification for not strengthening the squad given their dire performances to date.  Quite astonishing approach when most supporters know what areas of the side need to be addressed.   

11 minutes ago, Rialto 290352 said:

However as Jeffrey S went for £12.5 million the net spend is only £2.5 million or thereabouts.  No justification for not strengthening the squad given their dire performances to date.  Quite astonishing approach when most supporters know what areas of the side need to be addressed.   

you can only really make that statement after the transfer window has closed.....

its been said numerous times, by people ITK that we are trying to and the reasons why we havnt  yet....

41 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

Because " international level"is like a lot of European leagues.Top 4 or 5 oustanding with most of the rest league1 or 2 level.

Also i think CR playing Ndidi straight the way proves that he will play a youngster if he's ready.

Archived