Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bald reynard

Benalouane to Bologna

15 hours ago, Rialto 290352 said:

However as Jeffrey S went for £12.5 million the net spend is only £2.5 million or thereabouts.  No justification for not strengthening the squad given their dire performances to date.  Quite astonishing approach when most supporters know what areas of the side need to be addressed.   

The profit column side probably given our current situation.

19 hours ago, indierich06 said:

****'s sake, this is getting to be a joke now. What was all that talk about in pre-season? 'We'll need the squad' 'We're going to use the squad' - now he's selling off or getting rid of the vast majority of cover we've got... that's Schlupp, Hernandez, James and now potentially Benalouane gone in January. Four players - three of them defensive cover - and no sign of anyone else coming in any time soon. It's like we're clearing the decks, but what for...?

So, let's imagine we do sell Benalouane, then we play Burnley on 31st Feb - Morgan tears his hamstring and Huth gets a 3 match ban for lobbing an elbow at Joey Barton. That's a worst case scenario, and obviously not very likely, but the point is that if we're without Huth and Morgan for any length of time, we'd be left with a makeshift, patchwork defence, with Wasilewski as our only recognised CB. This is not how you run a club - what on earth has happened to this club since last season? It's like everyone from the boardroom right down to the players have absolutely lost their minds.

Wow this is going to be fun lol

I so hope you have not bought a ticket for Burnley on the 31st of Feb lollol

19 hours ago, Koke said:

Ranieri need to answer for this.

He signed Benny. He paid nearly  £6m for him. He froze him completely out and let him rot in the reserves for unknown reasons.

I wish journalists would question Ranieri about this.

The unknown reason is that he's not that good.

Do a Google search and trouble follows him.

29 years old, decent contract, 2-3 years left, championship medal and £££ and now can't be arsed to turn out for the reserves.

2 minutes ago, Bob Hazels shorts said:

The unknown reason is that he's not that good.

Do a Google search and trouble follows him.

29 years old, decent contract, 2-3 years left, championship medal and £££ and now can't be arsed to turn out for the reserves.

If he isn't good enough to even get on our bench then why did CR spend £6m on him?

Poor recruitment  

1 minute ago, Koke said:

If he isn't good enough to even get on our bench then why did CR spend £6m on him?

Poor recruitment  

I remember when we bought him and Stringer spoke to an Italian journo asked how good he was and he basically said he was crap!

Disastrous signing.

I remember being vocal on here at the time about this signing.

Before we bought him he was bought by Atlanta for €1m the year before. We then buy him for €6m a year later after he was rated something like the 300th best player in Serie A according to Opta, It's not like he was a young lad with promise, he was 28 and hadn't done anything to justify his price going up six fold.

Something stinks about the whole transfer, how can he have been so poor in his year at Atlanta but his price shoot up 600%?

14 minutes ago, m4DD0gg said:

Lets be honest Ranieri is shocking in the transfer market

At this stage, I think it's safe to call the last couple of transfer windows a disaster.

i like Benny, seen him for reserves n hes played better than both our CBs and he really wants to get in. he was sent out on loan last season and had a serious back injury for the rest of it. i would give him a few games to prove his worth before fu**ing him off completely.

8 minutes ago, DreemaOfficial said:

i like Benny, seen him for reserves n hes played better than both our CBs and he really wants to get in. he was sent out on loan last season and had a serious back injury for the rest of it. i would give him a few games to prove his worth before fu**ing him off completely.

Hi Yohan!

23 minutes ago, chicagofox said:

The worst performers this season, Vardy, Drinkwater, Morgan, and Fuchs were not signed in the last couple of transfer windows.

That's because most of the signings in the last couple of transfer windows haven't been deemed good enough to play regularly enough to be seen as a bad performer or not. Which highlights the fact that our recent transfer business has been very poor.

1 minute ago, Fox 4 Life said:

He has a point. We've hardly seen him play and he can't be any worse than Morgan at the moment. 

Yeah, don't get me wrong. I was just trying to be funny.

I'd actually have at least given Benny a go in the games which we could have. Such as last night. From what I've seen of him in 3 or 4 performances, he seemed ok. Should've rested Morgan yesterday. He's played a ridiculous amount of football of late.

10 hours ago, Tuna said:

I remember when we bought him and Stringer spoke to an Italian journo asked how good he was and he basically said he was crap!

Disastrous signing.

Yes, I remember this too! It's all very strange...I've asked Stringer and Jason Bourne several times on twitter to ask about the Benny situation but they never raise it at the press conferences.

On Saturday, January 28, 2017 at 13:11, Sly said:

At this stage, I think it's safe to call the last couple of transfer windows a disaster.

We're assuming that Ranieri makes these decisions yet, when questioned by the media he has always insisted that he's a coach and not a manager. One would like to think that with all of his actual football knowledge gathered over many years, compared to us media watching keyboard warriors, he'd have more of a clue, particularly from Italy,  if he was to personally choose a cantre half, who'd be half decent and who would not. 

I  only saw Benny twice, once out of position at right back when he was dreadful.  Then at centre half against West Ham when I thought he had a good game. So what's happened with him and why is based purely  on supposition. You would tend to think there's more to it than meets the eye. 

On 1/28/2017 at 21:37, Fox 4 Life said:

He has a point. We've hardly seen him play and he can't be any worse than Morgan at the moment. 

He really can. He really would be.  

Why do people keep asking for this, he's not good enough everyone at the club knows it. Why do people think its worth chucking any old sod in?  

Archived