Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Gaston Ramirez

14 minutes ago, desertfox2 said:

Hope you are wrong but seriously worried about our transfer business.  Sack Pearson go spend a fortune and then bring him back to sort the mess out. Then again we won the league so to be honest would have taken that if it was on table.

Wonder though what Pearson could do with a 100m.

Buy a massive Ostrich farm! 

40 minutes ago, desertfox2 said:

Hope you are wrong but seriously worried about our transfer business.  Sack Pearson go spend a fortune and then bring him back to sort the mess out. Then again we won the league so to be honest would have taken that if it was on table.

He'd reach an agreement to sign 4000 players from Nuneaton over the course of 100 years for the Development squad.

16 minutes ago, Realist Guy In The Room said:

He'd reach an agreement to sign 4000 players from Nuneaton over the course of 100 years for the Development squad.

The best transfer business we have ever done was under Pearson I hope Ranieri surpasses that. I'm not talking management only transfers. 

1 minute ago, desertfox2 said:

The best transfer business we have ever done was under Pearson I hope Ranieri surpasses that. I'm not talking management only transfers. 

100% agree. Fuchs, okazaki were pearson signings before he got the sack, also kante was linked to us way before ranieri came 

1 minute ago, Goober said:

He's crap and Stoke fans don't rate him highly at all, whereas Ramirez comes with great references from Boro...

Thought Bojan had been pretty good for them past couple of seasons, but even so you could easily look at how much of a flop Ramirez was at so'ton.

10 minutes ago, Alex_LCFC said:

100% agree. Fuchs, okazaki were pearson signings before he got the sack, also kante was linked to us way before ranieri came 

Morgan. Kasper, drinkwater. Huth Fuchs Mahrez. Our starting 11 basically minus slim and Ndidi and maybe Mendy. Lets see the Don has earned that much. If only there was some Pearson/Walsh/Ranieri hybrid management we could be best team in Europe

Left our best ever signing out....

Just now, The Doctor said:

Thought Bojan had been pretty good for them past couple of seasons, but even so you could easily look at how much of a flop Ramirez was at so'ton.

Apparently looks like he couldn't give a toss for them and goes missing regularly. Agree with that but even so, I don't think Bojan would thrive in our current negative as fvck hoofball system anyway. He'd never get a touch and wouldn't be putting tackles in.

17 minutes ago, desertfox2 said:

Morgan. Kasper, drinkwater. Huth Fuchs Mahrez. Our starting 11 basically minus slim and Ndidi and maybe Mendy. Lets see the Don has earned that much. If only there was some Pearson/Walsh/Ranieri hybrid management we could be best team in Europe

Left our best ever signing out....

Wayne Brown?

I'm really not sure he's the man for us. He's been in English football a while now and bar a few decent games for Boro, he's done very little. Seems like a bit of a panic buy to me. Hope I'm completely wrong and he's just what we need.....I'm just not convinced.

38 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

I'm really not sure he's the man for us. He's been in English football a while now and bar a few decent games for Boro, he's done very little. Seems like a bit of a panic buy to me. Hope I'm completely wrong and he's just what we need.....I'm just not convinced.

We could easily go for Bojan so I wouldn't say it's a panic buy.

2 hours ago, Johnthefoxrayner said:

Anthony knockeart could replace mahrez 

2 hours ago, Johnthefoxrayner said:

We have the same team that won the league minus Kante so why are we struggling so much 

Errm maybe but I doubt it - love knocky but I'm not sure?

this season was never going to be the same as last year with or without Kante

think mainly poor form and poor recruitment in the summer

4 hours ago, Johnthefoxrayner said:

We have the same team that won the league minus Kante so why are we struggling so much 

Winning the league and getting huge international exposure probably made the team feel like the harlem globetrotters. Hard to work as hard in those circumstances. Not on purpose but unconciously. Just a guess. 

5 hours ago, Johnthefoxrayner said:

An extreme case of vastly over-achieving last year. Every player was at about 150% of what they are normally capable of. 

The players have not only returned to their mere mortal selves, but they have gone below that, hence why we are seeing such a big swing in terms of performance.

I think Mahrez will likely be the only player ever capable of playing at the level we did last season again. For the rest, they just need to focus on getting back to performing as well as they can and as close to 100% as they can. If they do that and we make a few key signings, then we will be fine this season.

17 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

An extreme case of vastly over-achieving last year. Every player was at about 150% of what they are normally capable of. 

The players have not only returned to their mere mortal selves, but they have gone below that, hence why we are seeing such a big swing in terms of performance.

I think Mahrez will likely be the only player ever capable of playing at the level we did last season again. For the rest, they just need to focus on getting back to performing as well as they can and as close to 100% as they can. If they do that and we make a few key signings, then we will be fine this season.

And every other team was crap lol, plus all the little teams rolled over for us near the end, they needed us to break the mould too lol 

we we had about 3 years worth of luck into one too

12 hours ago, desertfox2 said:

Ffs let Pearson go. We know it was not Pearson doing the spending it was Walsh and the dream team is broken. Pearson lasted weeks at derby and I doubt he would last long back here. He's a loose cannon to say the least. I wonder how many times Shakey and Walsh dug him out.

Archived