Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Gaston Ramirez

1 hour ago, The People's Hero said:

Pearson is just a bully. We need to forget about the odious man. As has been pointed out, it's pretty well documented and never been disputed that he had very little involvement in recruitment. 

Odious man,Pearson built the foundation on where we are now,love or hate him he worked wonders with getting rid of the dead wood and building a togetherness amongst the squad,as for being a bully,

the bloke stood up for his players,did what any decent person would do,

having read vardys book that gives you a more accurate insight as to what Pearson was like,

i agree we need to let go of him but what he's gave us needs to be respected and some gratitude amongst some wouldn't go amiss

1 hour ago, The People's Hero said:

Pearson is just a bully. We need to forget about the odious man. As has been pointed out, it's pretty well documented and never been disputed that he had very little involvement in recruitment. 

Get a grip.

We wouldn't be Premier League Champions right now if Nigel Pearson didn't exist. Fact.

9 hours ago, Johnthefoxrayner said:

We have the same team that won the league minus Kante so why are we struggling so much 

Our tactics and form last season were excellent. Nobody could handle the long ball to Vardy and we attacked in numbers and with pace. 

Now teams sit back so we can't play the same, but that doesn't stop us trying every week and not having shots in entire games!

7 minutes ago, Johnthefoxrayner said:

I think if we were going to sign ramirez it would have been sorted by now. The transfer window closes at the end of the month and we still need to bring 2 or 3 more players in 

This happens every window.

Ok we have Ndidi but we seem to be completely crap at planning targets and achieveing them early.

Happens every window we clearly have a problem in this area of the club.

We need reinforcements ! now not a rushed 3rd target on the last day.

1 hour ago, Russell sprout said:

Odious man,Pearson built the foundation on where we are now,love or hate him he worked wonders with getting rid of the dead wood and building a togetherness amongst the squad,as for being a bully,

the bloke stood up for his players,did what any decent person would do,

having read vardys book that gives you a more accurate insight as to what Pearson was like,

i agree we need to let go of him but what he's gave us needs to be respected and some gratitude amongst some wouldn't go amiss

1 hour ago, AKCJ said:

Get a grip.

We wouldn't be Premier League Champions right now if Nigel Pearson didn't exist. Fact.

Both of which points are completely irrelevant  

Why points were that those crying out for Pearson and lamenting he didn't have 100million to spend. 

1) Pearson did his spending in a completely different market

2) its no secret he took a back seat in player recruitment. 

3) he's not a pleasant character. 

Lets not let facts get in the way of a good crusade though, eh ?

15 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

Both of which points are completely irrelevant  

Why points were that those crying out for Pearson and lamenting he didn't have 100million to spend. 

1) Pearson did his spending in a completely different market

2) its no secret he took a back seat in player recruitment. 

3) he's not a pleasant character. 

Lets not let facts get in the way of a good crusade though, eh ?

Ok,facts are as follows,

pearson got us promoted at the 1st attempt when the club was at its lowest,

upon his 2nd stint he stabilised the club by getting rid of the Matt mills,beckford,Danna etc who were all well paid but had a bigger ego than that you think of Pearson attitude,

won us the league with a club record points tally,with us witnessing some fantastic performances on the way,

and gets us through the greatest escape ever witnessed,even befour the great escape we were putting in great performances when losing,then we finally got our rub of the green and got the points to match the performance,

you need to take note that had this not happened then nor would have last seasons heroics,

so there's some facts,Pearson couldn't care less if you liked him or not,he's in a results business and when required he delivered,that's the facts

I think people forget how crap life was before Pearson took over and actually MANAGED the club. 

I agree his effect would be less so without Walsh, Shakey etc but he did what any good manager would do and put the right people in the right places. 

He has contributed to a great part of this clubs history that has given us memories for a lifetime. 

But it it is exactly that, history. A third coming would not be as successful in my opinion. 

As for Ramirez, he is a different player to what we currently have and may offer a different route going forward. However, for the money surely our scouts can find someone a bit better. He's never really had me out of seat before which is what you'd expect a number 10 to do. 

I have every respect for what NP did for us. But it's clear its not just result based with our owners. After FOAD and the choke hold he was a very lucky man. Yes the great escape is legend. But he's gone never forgotten. He made his choice and his son was wrong.

He's never coming back and done nothing to say he should. People need to let go. And Imo Vardys book means nothing he gave Vardy his chance. You would expect Vardy to like him. That don't mean the rest did.

We don't need either Pearson or Ramirez.

What we need to do is stabilise the defence. I rate Ramirez highly but at the minute we have more pressing issues.

Pearson didn't care if you liked him or hated him. You had to respect him. That's all that mattered. 

Archived