Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Gaston Ramirez

1 minute ago, Spiritwalker said:

I think the fact he has been left out of their squad again despite the fact he 

is apparently fit means this is still a goer.

Apparently he is injured? but I guess Karanka could have just been saying that. Hope this one does come off and we get a good CB too

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

Might I suggest this doesn't add much to the thread ..........

are you karanka?

i just saw his pressed from earlier and there is a synergy between your comment and his demeanour 

Im not sure what encouraging me to reply is adding to the thread, or what ramirez adds to our set up.

3 hours ago, Spiritwalker said:

I think the fact he has been left out of their squad again despite the fact he 

is apparently fit means this is still a goer.

I don't think he's injured either to be honest but I really don't see it happening. He's either being left out whilst the window remains open and the speculation continues or he's refusing to play.

It's the way Karanka spoke about it. He's been training for the past couple of days but the physio tells him he's injured. Karanka says he is surprised as a result.

I just don't think he's ready to rejoin the match day squad. We have a huge game tomorrow night and we don't need anyone who isn't committed to the cause involved. Makes sense to leave him out and try to reintegrate him later if possible. Doesn't say to me that we're willing to get rid. We're literally traipsing around Europe for any old scraps, nobody will come in now who can replace him.

Now slimini is not fit for tomorrow I would have played ulloa. Ulloa is just as good as slim. That is now out as ulloa has gone on strike. I believe that there is something going on behind the scenes that the fans don't know about but defo something not right whatever is wrong it needs to be sorted out and fast

4 hours ago, Johnthefoxrayner said:

That's why they are so rich 

Everyone is blaming Rudkin for low balling his offers but has anyone considered that the owners have given us a strict budget?     It seems utterly nonsensical that we would give up on key targets over a few million quid here or there, especially after the income we've received  from last year. 

1 minute ago, Lambert09 said:

Everyone is blaming Rudkin for low balling his offers but has anyone considered that the owners have given us a strict budget?     It seems utterly nonsensical that we would give up on key targets over a few million quid here or there, especially after the income we've received  from last year. 

Yeah I think it's the owners personally, they've spent **** all when you look at it.

Just now, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Why do we always put all our eggs in one basket?! Last season it was like this with Silva now with Ramirez & Accrebi. I seriously hope the owners can see something ain't right here.

Because you identify the player(s) you want 

you decide that if you can't get those will you take an alternative

perhaps the club don't feel the alternatives are worth taking and add nothing of worth to the squad 

I would rather we buy no one than someone that isn't up to it and doesn't fit our long term plans 

13 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

perhaps the club don't feel the alternatives are worth taking and add nothing of worth to the squad 

I would rather we buy no one than someone that isn't up to it and doesn't fit our long term plans 

I would rather we buy someone as we are so lacking in numbers. We're crap now, imagine how much worse it could be with some more injuries now we've lost the backup players.

I think now is exactly the right time to prioritise short term over long term

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

Cheers Claudio! 

This depended on Boro getting other targets in. Looks like they have had a mare there, so can't see this happening.

Threat of relegation without their main attacking threat is too great. Also, judging by AK's interview yesterday, I suspect he may quit if this did happen. 

Another case of going all out for one player and not necessarily having alternative targets. Seems like the Silva situation all over again. 

So many quality number 10's out there, and with the power of spending and pull of the Premier League, I can't believe we will end up with no one. 

The lack of creativity we showed in the first half of the season has been alarming!

We are crying out for a no.10 type player with creativity and flair. 

We have been linked with a ton of defenders over the last day or so, but no other players similar to Ramirez.

I'm concerned we will be stuck with hoof football, Puts so much pressure on Mahrez, and if he doesn't perform, then I can see another 6 months of hopeful long balls and crosses. 

We needed a Ramirez type player to give us another way and style of play that would encourage us to play through the middle and keep it on the floor. Gutted.

Archived