Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Gaston Ramirez

4 minutes ago, LCCFox96 said:

Sky saying Middlesbrough have agreed a fee for Adlene Guediora - can play Ramirez's role so may have application on any move we make for him.

I thought Hull were on their way to signing him. 

Hope this is true though, although I don't think they will let Ramirez go either way :dry:

• Gaston Ramirez: No change. Aitor Karanka is adamant that the player will be going nowhere, and that seems to be the case - so far. He has been at Rockliffe this morning to undergo knee treatment, but has been and gone. He won’t be involved against West Brom tonight. The word from Leicester is that they’ve accepted defeat, and as yet a second bid has not been lodged. Whether that changes this afternoon, we’ll have to wait and see.

Guest Danny Clender
6 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:
  • Gaston Ramirez: No change. Aitor Karanka is adamant that the player will be going nowhere, and that seems to be the case - so far. He has been at Rockliffe this morning to undergo knee treatment, but has been and gone. He won’t be involved against West Brom tonight. The word from Leicester is that they’ve accepted defeat, and as yet a second bid has not been lodged. Whether that changes this afternoon, we’ll have to wait and see.

I can't help but feel this is going to be for the best. 

10 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

Typical Leicester - Bid once and then give up. 

Was blatantly obvious towards the end of last season that our creativity was being stifled and that we needed something different up front. Quite honestly, out of all the things that have gone on down at the club, I find this lack of foresight and planning incomprehensible. If some idiot of a football forum like me, can see and predict a potential problem like this. How the hell does a whole football club full of staff paid to think things through not see it.

We were crying out for some ball players and some creativity. Yet we've just followed exactly the same pattern of signings and not attempted to improve our style of play, or attacking ability at all.

6 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Was blatantly obvious towards the end of last season that our creativity was being stifled and that we needed something different up front. Quite honestly, out of all the things that have gone on down at the club, I find this lack of foresight and planning incomprehensible. If some idiot of a football forum like me, can see and predict a potential problem like this. How the hell does a whole football club full of staff paid to think things through not see it.

We were crying out for some ball players and some creativity. Yet we've just followed exactly the same pattern of signings and not attempted to improve our style of play, or attacking ability at all.

sums it up really. a lot of us idiots can see the problems so why cant the club. its so f*&cking annoying.

I pray we survive this season and  we have some major changes at the end of the season including a few of the staff resigning behind the scenes including maybe Claudio because i do not want him sacked preferably standing down.

13 minutes ago, smr said:

When the owners said we want to be a top 5 premier league team did they actually mean a bottom 5 team? This transfer window has been pathetic!

It is a slow process and in many ways I guess we made false progress last season

just let's pray we stay up this season and then push on again next season with hopefully some quality signings in the summer 

This was/is the only current link I'm actually interested in. The defenders we have been linked with (apart from Kone) do not inspire and it is a problem that needs solving, but despite the defence I believe our biggest issue this season is not having playermakers in the side. Other than Mahrez we are basically 10 headless chickens lumping balls forwards and backwards. It worries me more than anything else that the window closes and we have not got anyone in with any playmaking ability.

14 minutes ago, smr said:

When the owners said we want to be a top 5 premier league team did they actually mean a bottom 5 team? This transfer window has been pathetic!

these things don't happen over night, what happened last season was" a once in a lifetime" moment. it will take years of planning and recruitment to make us a top five team and evan that is no guarentee as all the big clubs will have spent massively and we are not seen as a big club.it took man city to spend over 1 billion pounds and huge investment to become a big club and we need to remember that the owners don't have bottemless resources to spend on us and what they have done for us so far has been magnificent

13 minutes ago, Babylon said:

We weren't struggling to create chances at the end of last season. What we lacked was a goalscorer at a similar level to Vardy. He and Mahrez bagged a hatful but not the rest didn't chip in with many. And it's not just that, Vardy's movement was pivotal to the way we played so we needed someone with similar qualities.

Yes another creative player couldn't hurt but Gray has been criminally underused this season despite being one of the most creative players at the club (I accept he needs a slap for being a greedy little shit).

The change in our style of play has been the biggest barrier to scoring goals. Now we're crying out for creativity because we're trying to build from the back, which was never going to suit us.

2 minutes ago, foxy boxing said:

these things don't happen over night, what happened last season was" a once in a lifetime" moment. it will take years of planning and recruitment to make us a top five team and evan that is no guarentee as all the big clubs will have spent massively and we are not seen as a big club.it took man city to spend over 1 billion pounds and huge investment to become a big club and we need to remember that the owners don't have bottemless resources to spend on us and what they have done for us so far has been magnificent

Yeh we already did that remember in that period of 2008 - 2016.

Now things have gone backwards massively and that's unacceptable.

16 minutes ago, Kitchandro said:

We weren't struggling to create chances at the end of last season. What we lacked was a goalscorer at a similar level to Vardy. He and Mahrez bagged a hatful but not the rest didn't chip in with many. And it's not just that, Vardy's movement was pivotal to the way we played so we needed someone with similar qualities.

Well we were from where I was sitting hence why I said it at the end of last season and in the summer.

From Norwich onwards teams sat deeper against us and it was pretty obvious we weren't creating quite like we had been. Did you really think we created much against Norwich, Watford, Newcastle, Saints, Palace. Even against Sunderland we barely created anything until very late in the game.  Other than two dead rubbers against Swansea and Everton we struggled with creativity.

16 minutes ago, Kitchandro said:

The change in our style of play has been the biggest barrier to scoring goals. Now we're crying out for creativity because we're trying to build from the back, which was never going to suit us.

We're having to try that because people have dropped deep and let us have the ball because they know we can't pass it around them.

I didn't advocate a total change in style, but it was clear we needed a different sort of player. Most notably in the 10 role, which looked one of our weakest last season. If we ever wanted to stay near the top end of the table it was critical that we started to adapt our style as winning like we did with such low possession stats is so against the norm, that it never looked to be a long term option.

I get why we signed someone like Musa, as you say Vardy's pace was critical and we missed him when he wasn't there. But we needed to start thinking about a plan B and I can't see as we ever have.

5 minutes ago, Bob Weasel Fox said:

Middlesbrough close to signing Watford player Guediora? Midfielder

so could this be back on?????

:unsure:

Thought that was Hull? or have Boro come in last min?

1 minute ago, Bob Weasel Fox said:

Boro and Hull battling for him but Boro have agreed fee with Watford I believe :unsure:

Hull had too yesterday but surely he would prefer a move to Boro, in terms of survival hopes. 

Not sure this means that Ramirez is on, as it is not a like for like replacement but fingers crossed!

Archived