Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Leicester City v Chelsea post match thread 0 - 3

Just now, Col city fan said:

Everton have just signed Schneiderlin for what? 23 mill?

Head and shoulders above any midfielder we have at the club.

we've gone and done a West Ham haven't we! All these signings and nowhere near what we were! I could cry!

7 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Pathetic, pathetic...oh and pathetic.  Oh yes the players and Leicester as a team  were poor.

This forum also is becoming boring and contradictive.

Drop Simpson...done !!

Try Chilwell and Fuchs...done...

Change set up and try something new...Done..!!

Try DD..Mendi..Ndidi....Done..!!

Keep 4-4-2  //  change  4-4-2....done..!!

Attack..any player you like,.......done !!!

Start blaming Ranieri for tinkering or not tinkering...Done..!! 

I just reckon..we are all dumbfounded, not because we are struggling to reach any level or continuity from last year, but as good as we harmonised, then mishit last year, there is nothing

absolutely nothing meshing  and no fluency this season.

We played IMO our best choice midfield today, we forget though it was their 1st PL game as a group, as a front 5. Against the top and best quality team in the PL.

Chelsea last season, still had quality, but didnt push that extra mile then last second inch.

We fought, were fearless, and intensity that broke our backs, but this season the quality that hold the downs together, is simply not there. Our new additions are not poor or bad, its the heroes of last season, who are not firing and making the bigger mistakes.

CRs mistake was not todays changes ...

(question over Simpson perhaps, but many posters also wanted it.)

The club and management, did not invest in quality CB cover. Hernandez is  squad cover, not immediate quality CB needed from the 1st game.  Morgan 3 seasons, not one summer rest, with Great escape, and title behind him, needed top cover...

Today , the players couldnt hold their discipline, when needed, its failed in every individual  singular goal moments of this season.

This season all players, have been given their chance to shine, IMO although the forwards have

missed single opportunities, they have not received enough service, quality or otherwise.

Todays game for me was a freebie, we have found our midfield for the rest of the season, it didnt coincide with all or even  8-10 players turning out a decent 60-80mins.But again it was

their 1st game together. The defence continually are not holding it together.

This is now where CR and club management have to react for the team.

Slimani, neither Mahrez, nor a top Musa will help us, its got to come from the back and with consistency. CR has a major descision, its not on Fuchs or Simpson, but down on the 2 CBs.

Funny thing is Its Simpson that might of saved the 1st goal, but its not about just today..

We all seem lost to know what the best team, formation is, and I don't think Claudio does either.

I thought we had become a mid table side after last season, but maybe it's time to accept last season was a freak, and in reality, we are no better than low table/ relegation quality side, and we haven't progressed as much as we thought from the great escape side, barring a freak season.

Can't understand anyone praising our centre midfield today, we had three guys and they got totally outfought and outclassed by their two.

1 minute ago, Slim Dog said:

Much better than Drinkwater today. Got some good tackles in and broke up the play. The problem was down the flanks.

down the flanks yes, but also at the back and up front too! Basically all over the field and while we are at it on the bench! 

2 hours ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Ken Bates at Chelsea once sacked Ruud Gulit and brought in Luca Vialli as his replacement. Chelsea were second in the league at the time. Everyone thought he was crazy. His answer. Some managers are long term. Some have a great initial effect and you have to take the benefit of that effect and get rid before it wears off. 

Ranieri falls into into that bracket. His easy laid back persona works with players initially. Once it wears off, players know they can get away with most things. The teams start to slide (i.e. His career). He is not a long term planner he never has been and our squad this season is testament to that. He needs to go because the effect has worn off. We need a builder a planner for the future a proactive, not reactive manager. 

I am am not trying to forget last year I just don't feel safe with him at the helm for the future. We have spent way too much money in the last six months to be looking up at teams like Burnley and having massive gaps in our squad that this window is a make or bust.

Brilliant post ! 

4 minutes ago, inckley fox said:

Really? He didn't play well. He just didn't stand out as being especially awful.

The midfield didn't apply nearly enough pressure. There was an insane amount of space for Chelsea to move into in the Leicester half and the midfield stood off again and again. They might have looked tidy enough every so often, but they weren't effective. There were other, possibly bigger, problems on show today - the defensive organisation, the strike partnership, managerial decisions etc. - but I wouldn't wish to get too excited about Ndidi or Mendy. Even if they weren't as awful as Fuchs / Drinkwater and so on.

The midfield three were standing on top of each other the whole match, apart from when Danny was on the right-wing. Our flanks were constantly exposed to the point that Chelsea continually walked it up to our 18 yard line without really trying.

Mendy was invisible, barely touched the ball. I think Ndidi and Drinkwater in a 2 is the way forward, Ndidi is like a tall Kante.

Ndidi was very good in the 1st half. Some of you forget that Chelsea have won 14 of their last 15 games. We matched them in the first half all be it in a dour game. Chilwell was excellent also. If that's the team that wins the league, we can't be too disappointed. It was obvious Ranieri was going to try to match them up, we just don't have a William, Pedro or Hazard!

Just now, oxtonfox said:

down the flanks yes, but also at the back and up front too! Basically all over the field and while we are at it on the bench! 

Formation didn't help. Especially when the players aren't familiar with it and to test it against the league leaders.

19 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Pathetic, pathetic...oh and pathetic.  Oh yes the players and Leicester as a team  were poor.

This forum also is becoming boring and contradictive.

Drop Simpson...done !!

Try Chilwell and Fuchs...done...

Change set up and try something new...Done..!!

Try DD..Mendi..Ndidi....Done..!!

Keep 4-4-2  //  change  4-4-2....done..!!

Attack..any player you like,.......done !!!

Start blaming Ranieri for tinkering or not tinkering...Done..!! 

I just reckon..we are all dumbfounded, not because we are struggling to reach any level or continuity from last year, but as good as we harmonised, then mishit last year, there is nothing

absolutely nothing meshing  and no fluency this season.

We played IMO our best choice midfield today, we forget though it was their 1st PL game as a group, as a front 5. Against the top and best quality team in the PL.

Chelsea last season, still had quality, but didnt push that extra mile then last second inch.

We fought, were fearless, and intensity that broke our backs, but this season the quality that hold the downs together, is simply not there. Our new additions are not poor or bad, its the heroes of last season, who are not firing and making the bigger mistakes.

CRs mistake was not todays changes ...

(question over Simpson perhaps, but many posters also wanted it.)

The club and management, did not invest in quality CB cover. Hernandez is  squad cover, not immediate quality CB needed from the 1st game.  Morgan 3 seasons, not one summer rest, with Great escape, and title behind him, needed top cover...

Today , the players couldnt hold their discipline, when needed, its failed in every individual  singular goal moments of this season.

This season all players, have been given their chance to shine, IMO although the forwards have

missed single opportunities, they have not received enough service, quality or otherwise.

Todays game for me was a freebie, we have found our midfield for the rest of the season, it didnt coincide with all or even  8-10 players turning out a decent 60-80mins.But again it was

their 1st game together. The defence continually are not holding it together.

This is now where CR and club management have to react for the team.

Slimani, neither Mahrez, nor a top Musa will help us, its got to come from the back and with consistency. CR has a major descision, its not on Fuchs or Simpson, but down on the 2 CBs.

Funny thing is Its Simpson that might of saved the 1st goal, but its not about just today..

The thing is, we all post about different teams and formations because it's all we can do, when really it's about mentality, and that's something only Claudio can control. We ask for different line-ups and yes, they don't work, but it's because of the mentality Claudio is instilling in the team. There's not alot we can do about the team's mentality from the foxestalk forums :-\

1 minute ago, jim5000 said:

The midfield three were standing on top of each other the whole match, apart from when Danny was on the right-wing. Our flanks were constantly exposed to the point that Chelsea continually walked it up to our 18 yard line without really trying.

Mendy was invisible, barely touched the ball. I think Ndidi and Drinkwater in a 2 is the way forward, Ndidi is like a tall Kante.

All Drinkwater did was punt the ball up to two small strikers. Mendy did more imo.

3 minutes ago, jim5000 said:

That's harsh, they were up against world class opposition. Ndidi was good, Mendy was about more  than Drinkwater. Two.of the three have hardly played together, the other was making his premier league debut. 

We were awful all over the park today. No Balance to the team. Holes everywhere particularly in the wide positions.Did CR think our midfield 3 where going to overrun their experienced three.

But the biggest problem is the same when we come up against the better teams. It's our ability to hold onto the Ball.  I wouldn't give anyone any more than a four today.

1 minute ago, BigMicky said:

That's harsh, they were up against world class opposition. Ndidi was good, Mendy was about more  than Drinkwater. Two.of the three have hardly played together, the other was making his premier league debut. 

It's not their fault I guess, the team wasn't set up right. I'll admit I wasn't following quite as much the second half but I can't remember Mendy doing anything of note since he signed. Ndidi at least in the first half look commanding and you could tell he was on the pitch.

1 minute ago, jim5000 said:

It's not their fault I guess, the team wasn't set up right. I'll admit I wasn't following quite as much the second half but I can't remember Mendy doing anything of note since he signed. Ndidi at least in the first half look commanding and you could tell he was on the pitch.

Mendy hasnt set the world alight that's for sure. I do think we may have a gem in Ndidi, he played a glorious Gerrard esque ball in the first half out wide, can tackle, head, battle and has a good first touch. I'm excited by his arrival.

2 minutes ago, jim5000 said:

Mendy's been brilliant in the very little time he's had to play. Did you forget he's been out for like, what? 4 months?

Who felt confident when they saw the team?

The team clearly didn't.

Had Simpson been RB and a back 4, that would have relied on the tried and tested.

We essentially have a new midfield that needs to bed in,why tinker at the back?

4 minutes ago, Slim Dog said:

Mendy's been brilliant in the very little time he's had to play. Did you forget he's been out for like, what? 4 months?

I know he's been injured, but what has he done that's brilliant? He seems genuinely anonymous to me?

1 minute ago, dedlock said:

Who felt confident when they saw the team?

The team clearly didn't.

Had Simpson been RB and a back 4, that would have relied on the tried and tested.

Which was totally outgunned at Stamford Bridge. How many clear cut chances did Chelsea have? They usually create a shed load. 

Archived