Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Leicester City v Chelsea post match thread 0 - 3

The whole midfield was awful as was the attack.

Chilwell isn't a wing back and neither is Albrighton so that was balls and the front two looked really poor and were never going to score.

Add to this the bizarre substitutions and all in all, anybody who tries

to say we should right this off as Chelsea are so good needs to get their head out of the sand.

It was absolute bollocks.

Pathetic. Worst performance of the season at home without a doubt. We gave up at 1-0, just did not move quickly at all.

I don't think Chelsea even played that well. Dread to think what the score would've been with Costa.

Worst I've ever seen Fuchs play. Looked like Alan Rodgers tonight.

Wow!! Our fans are so fickle it's unbelieveable. I understand why CR tried to match them and I think we didn't do too badly. I think the formation suited the personnel CR got on the pitch, and that is what the majority of fans wanted (bar D. Gray possibly).

it doesn't matter how much we spend / change the team to match Chelsea takes a lot, sorry to brake reality to a lot of our fans but Chelsea are miles ahead of us- that's just a fact. They have players on the bench on £200k a week.

Chill out all- we are not regular title contenders. Last season we were spoilt don't expect it every season FFS. 

Look at net spend in the league and we are about where we should be. Last season was a one off, the quicker people accept this the better it will be, just enjoy the ride

Just now, TheUltimateWinner said:

this team is a team of legends but they're completely undoing last season

I'm sorry, you'll never "undo last season" - how ephemeral are you? Last season was immortalised in the history of this club and will forever be written into the legendary chronicles of the game - not just in terms of the English Premier League, but worldwide. As a lifelong supporter of LCFC - I simply never believed that this was possible...it was incomprehensible, astounding. This is now a new season, something totally different - but whatever happens it will never devalue the remarkable story of 2015/16 and its pantheon of greats enshrined in the history of this club.

Saying that - this game does not stand still and we have. Chelsea were superb tonight, tightly drilled, well disciplined and richly talented. They outplayed and outclassed us in all departments, first to everything, dominated possession and took their chances where we created practically nothing. We failed to adapt to an unfamiliar system intended to emulate their own. 

Bad day at the office against a side that will win the league. We tried a system to nullify them, and it didn't work.

If you are currently calling for the head of the manager; please go back to supporting United or whoever you supported before last season, please don't call yourself a Leicester fan.

1 minute ago, dylanlegend said:

Wow!! Our fans are so fickle it's unbelieveable. I understand why CR tried to match them and I think we didn't do too badly. I think the formation suited the personnel CR got on the pitch, and that is what the majority of fans wanted (bar D. Gray possibly).

it doesn't matter how much we spend / change the team to match Chelsea takes a lot, sorry to brake reality to a lot of our fans but Chelsea are miles ahead of us- that's just a fact. They have players on the bench on £200k a week.

Chill out all- we are not regular title contenders. Last season we were spoilt don't expect it every season FFS. 

Look at net spend in the league and we are about where we should be. Last season was a one off, the quicker people accept this the better it will be, just enjoy the ride

That's besides the point really. None of us are expecting to compete with Chelsea on a long term basis, but we expect not to look like a bunch of amateurs. We can't string more than three passes together. 

1 minute ago, dylanlegend said:

Chelsea players were on 200k per week LAST season. So were Man Utd and Man City players.

Posts like this are what make me stay off here more and more these days.

Its all excuses.

If you think THAT 'wasn't too bad' then Christ...I have no idea where to go from there...

1 hour ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Ken Bates at Chelsea once sacked Ruud Gulit and brought in Luca Vialli as his replacement. Chelsea were second in the league at the time. Everyone thought he was crazy. His answer. Some managers are long term. Some have a great initial effect and you have to take the benefit of that effect and get rid before it wears off. 

Ranieri falls into into that bracket. His easy laid back persona works with players initially. Once it wears off, players know they can get away with most things. The teams start to slide (i.e. His career). He is not a long term planner he never has been and our squad this season is testament to that. He needs to go because the effect has worn off. We need a builder a planner for the future a proactive, not reactive manager. 

I am am not trying to forget last year I just don't feel safe with him at the helm for the future. We have spent way too much money in the last six months to be looking up at teams like Burnley and having massive gaps in our squad that this window is a make or bust.

This is very true - and need less to say the last man with a long term plan here was a certain Nigel Pearson and backroom staff! I wonder what Shakespeare makes of it all at the mo.??

The players lack of familiarity with the system was clear from the start.

We conceded a goal from their LB,probably wouldn't had our regular RB started.

We got back into the game but failed to test Courtois.

I don't know why Simpson didn't come on at the start of 2nd half.We conceded again from their LB,albeit with a huge slice of bad luck,deflection which at other times might have been a good block. From then,the substitutions appeared confused,Chelsea had the upper hand and there was no way back.

Chelsea had 3 shots on target 3 goals,efficient from the team who will probably replace us as champions. 

1 shot on target the entire match, and that was in the 87th minute through a crowded defense.

Usually when we play bad, Claudio gets them going at half time but we were completely asleep the first 10 minutes of the second half, if was like a Chelsea training game and a lower league reserve team. Vardy was woeful, wasn't involved at all and the system was a complete mess.

6 minutes ago, dylanlegend said:

I'm finding it difficult to 'chill out' and 'enjoy the ride' when we're playing poorly most weeks and getting sucked in to a relegation battle. 

2 minutes ago, 5waller5 said:

Bad day at the office against a side that will win the league. We tried a system to nullify them, and it didn't work.

If you are currently calling for the head of the manager; please go back to supporting United or whoever you supported before last season, please don't call yourself a Leicester fan.

how many bad days at the office are acceptable? Absolutley no need for the change of tactics today,3 games at 4 3 3, 2 wins,1 draw and 2 clean sheets.We looked like we may have turned a corner,but then he went and did that,Today was embarassing not the score line but the way we played,total opposite to last season when no matter who we played we tried to win the game.Now its try not to lose.

Just now, elvisfmcfly said:

how many bad days at the office are acceptable? Absolutley no need for the change of tactics today,3 games at 4 3 3, 2 wins,1 draw and 2 clean sheets.We looked like we may have turned a corner,but then he went and did that,Today was embarassing not the score line but the way we played,total opposite to last season when no matter who we played we tried to win the game.Now its try not to lose.

A lot more. An awful lot more.

No need for a change in tactics?? So we approach every game the same way? I can only imagine the FM16 experts comments about that. 

36 minutes ago, Koke said:

We got beaten 4-1 to United, 4-1 to Liverpool, 3-0 to Chelsea with a 442 formation

Let's not rewrite history

But those matches were with Amartey and King in a midfield 2. We have some decent midfielders now, Ndidi looks good and Drinkwater is still Drinkwater. We have Grey on the bench when Musa is starting. 4-4-2 might work now if Claudio picks the same players and goes back to last seasons tactics.

Archived