Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Leicester City v Chelsea post match thread 0 - 3

16 minutes ago, dylanlegend said:

I think he tried to accommodate both Fuchs and Chilwell, who he (and all of us) thinks are better than Simps

Sorry as much as I dislike him as a human being, Simpson has been one of the few members of the side who have carry on from were he left of last season. For me he's has been, in better form the Morgan, Huth and Fuchs.

What was more painful than the game today were some of the clueless fans around me.

labelling the players 'embarrassing' and a 'disgrace'. So fed up of overdramatic criticism. we played badly today but Chelsea are so much better than us. 

Today we played in a formation we'd never played before against the best team of the league. It wasn't pretty watching but shit happens. Be passionate - have a go sometimes but to have such a negative attitude for 90 minutes was so difficult to listen to. These players won us the league last year and deserve a bit more from some fans IMO. 

9 minutes ago, daddylonglegs said:

What was more painful than the game today were some of the clueless fans around me.

labelling the players 'embarrassing' and a 'disgrace'. So fed up of overdramatic criticism. we played badly today but Chelsea are so much better than us. 

Today we played in a formation we'd never played before against the best team of the league. It wasn't pretty watching but shit happens. Be passionate - have a go sometimes but to have such a negative attitude for 90 minutes was so difficult to listen to. These players won us the league last year and deserve a bit more from some fans IMO. 

They have been praised and rewarded for their efforts last year more than enough, but you cant live on former glory's.

That said i think the problems lie with the manager more than the players, his hand was forced into the tactical change after conceding 8 in 2 playing 442 earlier this season as opposed to him being an adventurous dynamic manager.

How long did he leave it before changing formation 70 mins? one shot after a minute then basically stood cross armed on the sidelines looking clueless.

19 minutes ago, daddylonglegs said:

Appreciate what you are saying, but there is no hiding from it, last season or not, some performances this season have been a shambles, bordering embarrassing, and at times disgraceful by some players, disgrace only happens when a team or player plays like he doesn't give a ****, but he's gone now lol.

Frustration is growing because the performance isn't there, more often than not,  and belief we have enough not to compete in this league, but survive in it, is disappearing game by game.

I cannot believe I'm going to say something positive about Pearson, but even when we looked down and out, barring some real shockers, the players performed and gave it their all, and at times played well and lost, we just don't look like a side that can put a run together, and look disorganised.

We are pretty much resigned to the fact we will lose away, and we are starting to look shaky at home.

Worry and frustration quickly turns into anger, and panic if things don't look like improving, rightly or wrongly, just the nature of football fans.

The positives are, yes there are growns at the ground, moaning on here, but the atmosphere at the ground has become flat, but not toxic, like we have seen at other clubs.

No booing, no demonstrations calling for Claudio to go, just out and out frustration.

I got the impression that we'd worked on that formation with Costa in mind and were totally undone by him not playing. Chelsea just passed through us, waited for a chance and we sat back and let them. There was no urgency, no intensity until Gray came on and Vardy was back to marking centre backs again not vice versa. If Ulloa's out for a couple of weeks we need to get back to 4-2-3-1 and get some actual movement up front and pressing in midfield. Chilwell, Gray and Ndidi (until he went to CB -wtf?) Were half decent but that aside, forget today and move on

4 minutes ago, Firegrande said:

I got the impression that we'd worked on that formation with Costa in mind and were totally undone by him not playing. Chelsea just passed through us, waited for a chance and we sat back and let them. There was no urgency, no intensity until Gray came on and Vardy was back to marking centre backs again not vice versa. If Ulloa's out for a couple of weeks we need to get back to 4-2-3-1 and get some actual movement up front and pressing in midfield. Chilwell, Gray and Ndidi (until he went to CB -wtf?) Were half decent but that aside, forget today and move on

Blow for Chelsea but honestly think his absence helped them today. Huth and Morgan would've enjoyed a physical battle. They hate fluid and pacey attacks. 

9 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

A yardstick as to how far we've fallen vis a vis 'the big teams' this season were the bookies odds.

Pre match, we were 4-1 to win the game. For 'The Champions', at home, them was long odds...

The bookies knew.

could be 3 wins behind Burnely if they win, I think that shows how low this teams stock has fallen

in my opinion vardy is just not performing and looks uninterested at the min and cannot play up front with musa as they are too alike. musa could be good as a lone striker with someone behind him as proved at everton but needs game time instead of in the team one min and out the next. gray needs to start everytime for me and morgan is absolute w**k but will never be dropped. albrighton is just not doing it at the min, certainly not today at right back and even when he is on the left he needs to cut back onto his right which every opponent knows by now. i think amartey mendy and ndidi could certainly make a cracking midfield if they ever get the chance to play together and drinkwater is just not doing anything for me lately, he could have set musa clean through today but didnt even look at the run musa had made and passed it straight to their defense.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Ken Bates at Chelsea once sacked Ruud Gulit and brought in Luca Vialli as his replacement. Chelsea were second in the league at the time. Everyone thought he was crazy. His answer. Some managers are long term. Some have a great initial effect and you have to take the benefit of that effect and get rid before it wears off. 

Ranieri falls into into that bracket. His easy laid back persona works with players initially. Once it wears off, players know they can get away with most things. The teams start to slide (i.e. His career). He is not a long term planner he never has been and our squad this season is testament to that. He needs to go because the effect has worn off. We need a builder a planner for the future a proactive, not reactive manager. 

I am am not trying to forget last year I just don't feel safe with him at the helm for the future. We have spent way too much money in the last six months to be looking up at teams like Burnley and having massive gaps in our squad that this window is a make or bust.

He's only just starting to experiment?

Archived