Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Leicester City v Chelsea post match thread 0 - 3

In the 14/15 season I was frustrated with the amount of mistakes we were making, but at least I can say we were having a real good go (with the exception of a few games). I can't even say that at the minute. We have nothing other than lumping the ball forward and when we do try keeping the ball there's no movement. 

15 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

We are in a relegation battle but people need to remember we are 15th and 5 points clear. 

Doesnt excuse how shit we are but its    not the situation a lot of posts on here seem to suggest. 

But we've only lost one player from a title winning side. The regression is what's pissing everyone off, from the great escape and last season we saw a different team, how has losing Kante thrown us back so far? It doesn't seem Claudio knows, and it looks like he's losing the dressing room

2nd to everything.

Pathetic. Didn't expect to win, far from it, a draw was the best we could have hoped for and that was a stretch however again it's a poor performance I'm pissed off with.

So angry. Vardy, he's either lost a yard of pace or simply can't be bothered, he'd have sprinted at times last season, saw none of it today.

As for the sideways passing...well **** me!

Gray looked like the only player who wanted to go forward and he came on with 20 minutes to go and 3-0 down...well done Claudio, well done. 

What has he got got to do, how bad have others go to be for you to give him a proper chance, he might not be the answer but I feel he offers more than some of the other ***** out there!

Champions of England, I hope they're embarrassed, they're not even close.

When people say the big teams had a season off last season they really were weren't they, because I don't believe this team can be that good to this bad, other teams must have made us look good last season, surely.

1 minute ago, 5waller5 said:

A lot more. An awful lot more.

No need for a change in tactics?? So we approach every game the same way? I can only imagine the FM16 experts comments about that. 

We need a bit of stability and continuity,there was no need to change today at all.we just kept back to back premier league clean sheets.

Well sorry to burst your bubble but he wont get an awful lot more.

only managed to watch the first half, but I thought the performance was good first half, pretty evenly matched, heads didn't drop and continued to go for it after their first goal.

don't know what happened second half but sounds like their second goal was a unlucky fluke. the substitutions and tactics sounded awful, though I wouldn't particularly get on Claudio's case for experimenting wildly at 2-0 down, we weren't going to come back from that really.

14 minutes ago, dylanlegend said:

Wow!! Our fans are so fickle it's unbelieveable. I understand why CR tried to match them and I think we didn't do too badly. I think the formation suited the personnel CR got on the pitch, and that is what the majority of fans wanted (bar D. Gray possibly).

it doesn't matter how much we spend / change the team to match Chelsea takes a lot, sorry to brake reality to a lot of our fans but Chelsea are miles ahead of us- that's just a fact. They have players on the bench on £200k a week.

Chill out all- we are not regular title contenders. Last season we were spoilt don't expect it every season FFS. 

Look at net spend in the league and we are about where we should be. Last season was a one off, the quicker people accept this the better it will be, just enjoy the ride

I can take losing 3-0 to Chelsea, that's acceptable. But to sit off, not challenge and take the defeat from the first whistle? Nah, fack off, not for me. Today was pathetic, we showed no fight whatsoever. 

2 minutes ago, elvisfmcfly said:

We need a bit of stability and continuity,there was no need to change today at all.we just kept back to back premier league clean sheets.

Well sorry to burst your bubble but he wont get an awful lot more.

Agreed. Last season we played our game and made teams adjust to us. This season it's the complete opposite and we are setting out to try and stop teams rather than play our game. There is no intensity, no fight, no passion. Claudio can call for this, but he is the one setting the team up to be negative.

13 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Chelsea players were on 200k per week LAST season. So were Man Utd and Man City players.

Posts like this are what make me stay off here more and more these days.

Its all excuses.

If you think THAT 'wasn't too bad' then Christ...I have no idea where to go from there...

I'm struggling to be honest...

We need to realise we are LCFC, even with TV money we have 20% the budget of the 'big boys' I'd dread to think what you lot would say if you were Swansea, Palace or Villa fans

19 minutes ago, dylanlegend said:

Wow!! Our fans are so fickle it's unbelieveable. I understand why CR tried to match them and I think we didn't do too badly. I think the formation suited the personnel CR got on the pitch, and that is what the majority of fans wanted (bar D. Gray possibly).

it doesn't matter how much we spend / change the team to match Chelsea takes a lot, sorry to brake reality to a lot of our fans but Chelsea are miles ahead of us- that's just a fact. They have players on the bench on £200k a week.

Chill out all- we are not regular title contenders. Last season we were spoilt don't expect it every season FFS. 

Look at net spend in the league and we are about where we should be. Last season was a one off, the quicker people accept this the better it will be, just enjoy the ride

Nobody thought we'd win the league again, challenge again, or even get in the top 4 again. What's pissing people off is the lack of commitment and quality that we know players possess. There are some overreactions, but anybody slating the performance has every right to. That was utter garbage, Chelsea or not.

Chelsea were not at their best today and we just rolled over for them (again). We are completely toothless against any top side (Man City aside). Yes the goals may have been fortunate, but we could play until February and not have scored. Spending £75m and being in a relegation battle is completely unacceptable. I dont know of a team in this league that look less dangerous going forward than us. Luckily there are a few teams with equally or with an even worse defence. Next home games are up against United and Liverpool too.

49 minutes ago, MrSpaM said:

We don't seem to be able to keep the ball for more than 5 seconds, it's happening week after week and it's getting concerning now

But we did have spells where we kept the ball for 50 seconds and they always end up with Kasper clearing long, then the next play is always try the long ball/pass and lose possession with a very easy interception.

11 minutes ago, dylanlegend said:

Why do people keep saying this, even BT Sport kept harping on about this. Chelsea play 343, we played a 532 system. If CR tried to match Chelsea he would have played Musa, Vardy and Gray with 2CM. Anybody think Alonso would have gone forward with so much ease if he had an attacking player like Gray to deal with? Our system was asking for the Chelsea wing backs to attack us, which they did with relish. This was a major CR tactical mistake. He should have played 3 up top to anchor the Chelsea wing backs. The worse thing is he had the blueprint in his previous game when we played 433 but chose to change.

1 minute ago, RonnieTodger said:

Nobody thought we'd win the league again, challenge again, or even get in the top 4 again. What's pissing people off is the lack of commitment and quality that we know players possess. There are some overreactions, but anybody slating the performance as every right to. That was utter garbage, Chelsea or not.

Chelsea were not at their best today and we just rolled over for them (again). We are completely toothless against any top side (Man City aside). Yes the goals may have been fortunate, but we could play until February and not have scored. Spending £75m and being in a relegation battle is completely unacceptable. I dont know of a team in this league that look less dangerous against us. Next home games are up against United and Liverpool too.

Chelseas will win the league. Last season we played well and many fans thought it was down to their won team being shite, a lot of it wasn't it was that actually we were too good for them. 

Althogh it didnt seem Chelsea were 'at their best' they were clinical, exposed our defence and made their chances count. 

I dont think we can read much into today to be honest.. it's Chelsea... they'll win the league. We'll probably get beat by Sevilla as well, we are not at that level anymore. It's disappointing but sadly true 

Absolute rubbish . I'm sorry this is harder to take than usual, when you have won the league you would think we would make several quality signings to step in for the aging players but we didn't. You can go back to my post in May/June and I highlighted that fact.

Last year we was ahead of everyone this year we are miles behind because we didn't really spend and improve like the other top teams did.

You can say we won the league by not spending but that isn't guaranteeing us quality players, we should have bought proven players with the advantage we had of offering CL football 

26 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

Pathetic. Worst performance of the season at home without a doubt. We gave up at 1-0, just did not move quickly at all.

I don't think Chelsea even played that well. Dread to think what the score would've been with Costa.

Worst I've ever seen Fuchs play. Looked like Alan Rodgers tonight.

Agreed. Albrighton trying to put crosses in from 10 yards into their half too. Completely out of balance. Ball was shifted way too slow and went backwards far too often. 

Archived