Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Leicester City v Chelsea post match thread 0 - 3

2 minutes ago, ForeverandEver said:

When we went to Stamford Bridge in October we played with Hernandez, Schlupp, Amartey & Musa all in the starting XI - playing 4-4-2 - I remember in the crowd there was so much expectation that day.

I think although the personnel was better today the balance wasn't right, with Ndidi, Mendy and Chilwell all trying to settle in - there's too much chopping & changing - at the same time Chelsea were on top form today.

I think our pre-season was also crap - trips playing in Scotland/USA/Sweden shouldn't have been a time for us to show off - we should have worked out our first team THEN - not STILL trying to discover it in January & I think this is many fans' frustration. Nobody is expecting us to finish top 4 - but we had such an amazing opportunity in the summer to build on the platform on which we built.

The alarming thing is we've lost our hunger and 'fighting for our lives spirit'.

One can only hope that the super cars, long contracts, wage increases/bonuses haven't gone to the players head.

You saw today that Chelsea's front 3 looked so comfortable together and had so much movement - I wonder what our front 3 do in training- I can't remember the last time we cut open a defence - do we ever work on set peices anymore?

Last week against Everton?

The first half was ok, gave a crap goal away but apart from that there was little in it. The second was just a non-event for us, we barely pressed, gave them far too much time on the ball and had no threat of our own until Gray had a couple of mazy runs. I've no problem with the system, I think it could be the way forward given time, but our gameplan was so basic- Schmeichel launches it to Chilwell to nod inside with very little success- that we barely tried to explore other options. We were continually looking for the big man up front who wasn't there and as such just played right into their hands.

They are a top team but didn't play especially well, shame was that they didn't have to.

6 minutes ago, JonnyBoy said:

People saying we were decent fist half are you high Zzzzz talk to me about All the chances we created hahaha lit trolling idiots 

We were good first half. Chelsea are the best team in the league but we limited them... infact throughout the game we did that, but the defensive errors yet again cost us. just gave away cheap goals. Putting things into perspective how much have Chelsea spent since we got promoted? I like what ranieri is looking to do, without the PFA player of the year and our 30 mil man... 

3 hours ago, dylanlegend said:

Wow!! Our fans are so fickle it's unbelieveable. I understand why CR tried to match them and I think we didn't do too badly. I think the formation suited the personnel CR got on the pitch, and that is what the majority of fans wanted (bar D. Gray possibly).

it doesn't matter how much we spend / change the team to match Chelsea takes a lot, sorry to brake reality to a lot of our fans but Chelsea are miles ahead of us- that's just a fact. They have players on the bench on £200k a week.

Chill out all- we are not regular title contenders. Last season we were spoilt don't expect it every season FFS. 

Look at net spend in the league and we are about where we should be. Last season was a one off, the quicker people accept this the better it will be, just enjoy the ride

Of course we are fickle just like all football fans, as for the rest I couldn't disagree more.

Why did CR try to match them, we are not them, we don't have even have 3 CB's for forksake.

Not many of us expected us to be challenging for the title again, not many expected us to 

turn Chelsea over, what we do expect is to COMPETE. What we got today was a side that

couldn't compete. 

As for net spend, take a look up the table where you will find the likes of Bournemouth  and Burnley.

Wouldn't be too concerned. Chelsea were just too good. Look how many teams have changed formation to try and combat their 343, Ranieri did the same. It didn't work. They were just too good. Yes it was frustrating to watch, but we're Leicester fans. Barring last season, it's the kind of result you would expect. Stop moaning, move onto the next game now. 

1 minute ago, 80's fox said:

Wouldn't be too concerned. Chelsea were just too good. Look how many teams have changed formation to try and combat their 343, Ranieri did the same. It didn't work. They were just too good. Yes it was frustrating to watch, but we're Leicester fans. Barring last season, it's the kind of result you would expect. Stop moaning, move onto the next game now. 

This 100%, last season was remarkable but it isn't where we are at, look at the money we have spent in comparison to the top teams.

I can see what ranieri is doing and I like it, we have signed a few young players with great potential and I can't see us getting relegated so we are looking to establish ourselves as a PL team. That is our aim, it is unfortunate we didn't spend massively with CL on offer because we would have been attractive for quite a few top players, but it seems the owners and Ranieri are looking longer term and building from there rather than putting the club at risk spending like top clubs . 

I hate the post-match threads here as much as the matchg threads.

For weeks....we need to change the style / we need to go 3-5-2 / we need to drop Huth &/or Morgan / play Chilwell LWB / Drop Simpson / why aren't we playing Musa

Then Ranieri changes the style, puts 3 at the back, subs Huth, plays Chilwell more attacking, drops Simpson, gives Musa a start and everyone's complaining that he's done it!

Try blaming "England's number 9" for marking the CBs not the other way round, Albrighton for making RWB look difficult, Danny Drinkwater';s inability to complete a final ball to the guy he had a telepathic understanding with last season, anyone in midfield to have a creative idea or forward move, Fuchs achingly bad long throws to the keeper...the list goes on. Ranieri will carry the can for players who play shite, beg for more money then go missing or play with 75% effort. He shouldn't but that's the reality of the shithole that modern football has become. We blame the guy in charge for the braindead minions under him.

6 minutes ago, 80's fox said:

Hmm, we already lost to 2 of the bottom 3, doesn't matter who we play, we're as bad as the worst of them. I bet all those down there will go on something of a Streak at some stage, whilst we'll be left in neutral like the whole of the season thus far. We're in real danger, you've seen it every season where 1 or 2 from the bottom three pick up, just like we once did. If they do, it'll be us in the firing line!

Just now, lcfcben76 said:

We weren't bad first half but conceded early and they were comfortable sitting back and we didn't pose any threat, wouldn't say we were good though

It is time to let last season go , this is Chelsea the team seven points clear of anyone else... we actually played well for the majority of the game giving our net spend is a fraction of Chelsea's, we aren't big like them... let's establish ourselves as a true PL team like we did under O'Neill. We have a great manager and good foundations to build something truly special, the young players coming in look good and I can see we are on the up. 

5 hours ago, Sir Shep said:

Pathetic, getting sick to death of being rolled over most weekends. I'd expect to lose to Chelsea but I'd at least like to see some fight. 

This is spot on. I have no problem losing to Chelsea of we make them work for it. Easiest 3 points Chelsea will get all season. That really was pathetic!

Just now, jayfox26 said:

This is spot on. I have no problem losing to Chelsea of we make them work for it. Easiest 3 points Chelsea will get all season. That really was pathetic!

I don't agree, we are without mahrez the PFA player of the year and slimani our most expensive player and still I thought we were in the game and did well. We were playing the best team in the league who spent far more than we did on players. 

They are better and far bigger, we are just building as a team. It is crazy saying that, giving we won the league but that was beyond anyone's expectations, we are new to the PL. Let's establish ourselves at this level, come down from that cloud 

10 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

It is time to let last season go , this is Chelsea the team seven points clear of anyone else... we actually played well for the majority of the game giving our net spend is a fraction of Chelsea's, we aren't big like them... let's establish ourselves as a true PL team like we did under O'Neill. We have a great manager and good foundations to build something truly special, the young players coming in look good and I can see we are on the up. 

ha ha ha ha ha, are u 10? We're truly looking up from 1st to potential relegation lol that's looking up for sure, we'll be looking up from championship if that's what u mean! 

Just now, squidsworth said:

ha ha ha ha ha, are u 10? We're truly looking up from 1st to potential relegation lol that's looking up for sure, we'll be looking up from championship if that's what u mean! 

Not really no, come down mate. Stop thinking we are Barca or Real, we still have a long way to go to be there. The young players we are signing though have huge potential and I think we can establish ourselves in this league and stay there

5 minutes ago, FuchingKante said:

Pisses me off seeing Ranieri coming out and saying that was a good performance. We were shite.

Agreed. Really helps no one when he says such false things and just frustrates fans further! 

Much prefer some honesty and simply to say that he got it wrong today and we were flat and lacking energy and they will be back in training on monday trying to fix it! 

1 minute ago, STUHILL said:

Agreed. Really helps no one when he says such false things and just frustrates fans further! 

Much prefer some honesty and simply to say that he got it wrong today and we were flat and lacking energy and they will be back in training on monday trying to fix it! 

That doesn't help. Ranieri knows what he is doing, I trust him and why shouldn't I giving he did the impossible last season 

Archived