Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Leicester City v Chelsea post match thread 0 - 3

Just now, Ric Flair said:

We didn't have a single shot vs Middlesbrough, barely any against Everton by all accounts and tonight not one on target. What has happened to us? We are devoid of anything creative.

Too focused on passing sideways if tonight's anything to go by, like watching bleeding England.

Just now, Ric Flair said:

We didn't have a single shot vs Middlesbrough, barely any against Everton by all accounts and tonight not one on target. What has happened to us? We are devoid of anything creative.

It works if you can defend, every goal tonight was ridiculous... and that is what happens when you are light at the back. We have great attacking players so we need to play to their strengths. 

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

We didn't have a single shot vs Middlesbrough, barely any against Everton by all accounts and tonight not one on target. What has happened to us? We are devoid of anything creative

CR has his team too defensive minded, were well too deep, and can't retain possession, so we hoof ball for long periods

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I think that's simple (honestly). We haven't signed anybody creative.

Kante was so good that he got the 'creative' lads further up the pitch to do damage where it mattered.

I still can't believe we've not pushed the boat out to sign a top, creative midfielder.

Its hard to fathom. Like I wrote in the Mahrez thread..we've signed strikers, yet no one to supply them.

From what I've seen so far, you could wrap Amartey, Ndidi and Mendy up into one player. We've got three too similar.

However, I like the look of Ndidi. I've seen him play once and think we may have a player there.

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I'm sure BT stats said we had 2 shots on target to Chelsea's 3

1 minute ago, Col city fan said:

I think that's simple (honestly). We haven't signed anybody creative.

Kante was so good that he got the 'creative' lads further up the pitch to do damage where it mattered.

I still can't believe we've not pushed the boat out to sign a top, creative midfielder.

Its hard to fathom. Like I wrote in the Mahrez thread..we've signed strikers, yet no one to supply them.

True Col

its crying out for a creative player to be signed

and a centre back 

Alot of fans, me included have wanted to go with three in midfield, but the problem is, we don`t really have a creative, attack minded midfielder who is going to link the midfield with the forwards, or who is going to get beyond our forwards at times, and also chip in with a few goals.

Three in midfield with the current set of midfielders we have, are simply not a threat, or going to give the opposition anything to think about.

For me, if we want to play with a three in midfield, and be an effective attacking force, we need to bring an attack minded, creative midfielder in this month, as well as a new centre back or two.

Drinkwaters drop in form of late is also a concern.

Maybe he`s still carrying the injury that he picked up in Porto, i`m not sure, but there has definitely been a dip in his form.

On the plus side, i thought Ndidi looked promising.

Just now, Dr The Singh said:

CR has his team too defensive minded, were well too deep, and can't retain possession, so we hoof ball for long periods

Hoof ball would be a positive compared to what I witnessed today.

Atleast hoof ball would be going forwards, as I've said it was sideways to sideways then backwards.

Slightly lost for words but Vardy looked awful and barely fit ,Musa has a dreadful touch ball is always bouncing around him.That system needed Chilwell and Albrighton to get forward quickly in support but it only happened on a couple of occasions end of first half .When you get the ball you need to have some options and others wanting moving thinking and it isn't happening .Ndidi OK though

We don't attack games this season. I don't mean playing attacking football, but attacking the game. The thing that changed during the great escape and we maintained last season was coming out of the blocks really fast, not letting teams settle, and imposing our game plan on the match.

The first halves have been dire this season, and we're just not getting in the other teams faces from the off anymore.

1 minute ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Chelsea reminded me of us last season... 

True and they've also had a few 1-0 scorelines. I don't think they're the unbeatable machine that the media make them out to be. They were certainly lucky to beat Man City, but one thing they are is clinical. Something we used to be.

Guest CityFan 06

Actually didn't think our tactics were glaringly that wrong today, I can see what Ranieri was trying to do. We tried to match up Chelsea's system but they just showed their class. It did feel however like we were set up to contain Chelsea. We didn't do enough in attack, and our attacking players didn't see service. Chelsea kept possession expertly, they got their goals and saw the game out. Thought Ndidi and Mendy did ok. Today reiterated to me just how good Kante is, he slots into Chelsea's system very well, as he did ours. Conte is a tactical manager of the highest order. Possibly the best in the league, his teams are excellent in every aspect.

1 minute ago, Monsell1976 said:

Just watched Claudio's interview post match, very confused and concerned.

"The performance was good, and I told players this game is out of the table", is he saying this result didn't matter, because it was Chelsea, and he expected to lose?.

I have nothing wrong with that, the first half we were very good and unlucky to be a goal down, Chelsea have spent 100's millions on their team so it seems the owners and Claudio's expectations are lower than the fans. I think we should have spent massively in the summer though we had a great chance to make some major signings 

Archived