Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Southampton AWAY Pre Match

Very interesting today 

playing a side that has not been able to prepare all week for us and are hugely distracted by wednesday's semi 

with swansea winning yesterday, the players should be able and motivated  to give more intensity and commitment today than soton. 

Assuming they don't pick their first eleven, ,if we lose today then I am seriously concerned (and I haven't been up to this point)

Saints might be struggling themselves but I've got zero confidence in our team/play/tactics that I fear another loss, oh and don't forget our shocking away form

I really hope I'm proven wrong though....

20 minutes ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Be elated with a win, happy with a draw and devastated with a defeat, we need to start winning away and hopefully today's the day, not only would it take us 8pts clear of the bottom 3 but it would also give us a massive confidence boost before the Derby and Burnley games.

I just hope we score first.

Agree with you here. I see this as more of a must not lose rather than must win. However like you say a win sees us 8 points clear of relegation which is a decent gap.

personally I think we'll get the draw, but hoping for more. 

20 minutes ago, CKB said:

Saints might be struggling themselves but I've got zero confidence in our team/play/tactics that I fear another loss, oh and don't forget our shocking away form

I really hope I'm proven wrong though....

Tactically we don't seem to want to "have a go" away from home until we go a goal down, the importance of scoring first Is huge and something we don't do often enough, I expect we'll set up for a draw as we did in the Middlesbrough game.

9 minutes ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Tactically we don't seem to want to "have a go" away from home until we go a goal down, the importance of scoring first Is huge and something we don't do often enough, I expect we'll set up for a draw as we did in the Middlesbrough game.

That second half at Boro was painful, I'm not sure I'm ready for that again!

5 minutes ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

I'm expecting a painful experience a low scoring game.

Saying that tho if we nick it 1-0 with a Morgan 95th minute off his ass goal then the pain would've been worth it

I always look at people posting their preferred line ups and think "oh bless, how cute.  They think anybody cares" then get excited about doing my own and channel my Champ Manager 01/02 self so here goes...

Schmeichel

Simpson   Amartey   Huth   Chilwell

Ndidi   Drinkwater

Albrighton   Okazaki   Grey

Vardy

Come on CIty.

I think, in terms of energy, Albrighton and Okazaki have to start.  In fact, I think they would be my first two names on the team sheet (apart from maybe Kasper)/

X

12 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

I always look at people posting their preferred line ups and think "oh bless, how cute.  They think anybody cares" then get excited about doing my own and channel my Champ Manager 01/02 self so here goes...

Schmeichel

Ndidi   Drinkwater

Albrighton   Okazaki   Grey

Vardy

Come on CIty.

I think, in terms of energy, Albrighton and Okazaki have to start.  In fact, I think they would be my first two names on the team sheet (apart from maybe Kasper)/

X

Probably get pulled up for lack of goal threat but I would argue we could even go for................

Schmeichel

Ndidi   Mendy

Albrighton   Drinkwater   Grey

Okazaki

7 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

Probably get pulled up for lack of goal threat but I would argue we could even go for................

Schmeichel

Ndidi   Mendy

Albrighton   Drinkwater   Grey

Okazaki

Ermm only problem with that @RumbleFox is that Amartey's having a party at AFCON at the mo...

15 hours ago, daz*dsb said:

I can see it now. 8 minutes in, we allow a sloppy ball to find it's way into the box - all of our defenders miss it and it rolls neatly onto the foot of their forward. He pops it in with minimum effort. 

Schmeichel punches the ground and Wes waves his arms about like a 4 year old who's just dropped his ice cream.

We then wake up a bit before conceding a second early on in the second half. Ranieri then makes a strange number of substitutions confusing everyone and we concede a third around the 80 minute mark.

He says we played with passion and played well but something, something, something, bla bla bla.

This will pretty much be it. Probably a bit optimistic to expect us to last 8 Minutes

Will we even manage a shot on target?

1-0 to them half time

1-2 to us full time

Post match thread waxing lyrical about the second half performance

Then back to normal, lose to Derby, then Burnley.

Post match threads abusing the Team and Claudio

Sound familiar   :whistle:

Either way enjoy. This is Leicester remember, anything could happen.

Image result for anything could happen gif

Archived