Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FireFox

Derby Away Pre-Match Thread

Derby are my most loathed other East Midlands team (then Forest, then Cov).  I just can't bear the thought of getting turned over this evening, but I really fear it is on the cards.  On the basis that I've rarely correctly predicted either a result or a performance this season, maybe we'll manage it.  At the very least, we must demand true commitment from our lads.  COYB!

3 minutes ago, Leamington Fox said:

Derby are my most loathed other East Midlands team (then Forest, then Cov).  I just can't bear the thought of getting turned over this evening, but I really fear it is on the cards.  On the basis that I've rarely correctly predicted either a result or a performance this season, maybe we'll manage it.  At the very least, we must demand true commitment from our lads.  COYB!

I don't mind Derby (check out the relative merits of the Forest and Derby fans forums and you might change your mind) but I really do worry about tonight. I can see their manager, players and fans all really being up for it. And while most of our fans will be up for it, I am not entirely sure about the players - or, if I am honest, the manager. Very sad, but something is missing, and I wish I knew what it is.

Just now, LanguedocFox said:

I don't mind Derby (check out the relative merits of the Forest and Derby fans forums and you might change your mind) but I really do worry about tonight. I can see their manager, players and fans all really being up for it. And while most of our fans will be up for it, I am not entirely sure about the players - or, if I am honest, the manager. Very sad, but something is missing, and I wish I knew what it is.

I have nothing but bad memories of perilous journeys from car or train to the Baseball Ground and being baited by the local in-breds.  Forest fans are, in my experience, fairly civilised (perhaps more annoying as a result).  I think it partly depends when you really became formed as a die-hard City fan.  For me, it was my teens and this was when we played Derby a few times, but Forest not that often.

2 minutes ago, Leamington Fox said:

I have nothing but bad memories of perilous journeys from car or train to the Baseball Ground and being baited by the local in-breds.  Forest fans are, in my experience, fairly civilised (perhaps more annoying as a result).  I think it partly depends when you really became formed as a die-hard City fan.  For me, it was my teens and this was when we played Derby a few times, but Forest not that often.

Actually, when I grew up (in Loughborough) my best mate was a Florist fan, and we used to go to home and away games together, and the atmosphere was good. But the Clough years made them impossible - even my mate brings up the European Cup (which, in case you have forgotten, Florist won twice. Really, you didn't know that?) Derby fans, despite winning the league with Clough, seem more grounded - in general.

Don't want to sound arrogant but the only way they could beat us is if they outwork us and want it more. Sounds like us last season. 

We should be looking at a good cup run it's a competition we have a great chance of going far in.

If we don't turn up today and at least give it a go then heads need to roll.

Right. Stupid prediction  from me based on nothing more than 45 years of blind faith, despite 44 years of evidence to the contrary........this might be the perfect fixture for us. Raw passions. A baying support on both sides. A point to prove. And, no matter how we fear a possible capitulation again, an inferior oppo compared to usual. If not tonight, then when ? 

Archived