Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FireFox

Derby Away Pre-Match Thread

54 minutes ago, Dickov22 said:

Im absolutely serious. Musa is a terrible terrible footballer and will never ever make it here. I'll remind you of this post when you agree with me which you will sooner or later. 

Hang on a minute, I've not said he is or he isn't one way or another. But pretty basic logic would suggest that if EVERYONE is struggling (and it has been everyone), even people who are normally pretty consistent and proven over a good amount of time. Then it's more than feasible that we aren't seeing the best from any of the new signings.

Player of the season Mahrez has looked like a lump of shite this year, so why is anyone even attempting to judge people new to the country and new to the league after a few games is beyond me.

But feel free to bring it up if you must. I shall bring up that three and a half years ago you said "Vardy, jury out and I'd lean towards saying he's not good enough"... and you were talking about being good enough for the Championship.

1 hour ago, Dickov22 said:

Lets see then - lets reconvene this conversation at the end of the season.....

You're missing the point. If Musa continues to be hardly used then your claim he's not good enough will still not stand up, because he has not had a fair go yet especially not in his favoured position. a u keep saying, the odd time he's played down the middle he's done well, I'm not sure how your so critical of him. Were you at Everton? He destroyed Williams. He was the only guy to test Courtois v Chelsea. He is fast, direct and needs a proper run upfront then he can be judged. What I've seen of him I like.

14 minutes ago, Foxy_jim said:

You're missing the point. If Musa continues to be hardly used then your claim he's not good enough will still not stand up, because he has not had a fair go yet especially not in his favoured position. a u keep saying, the odd time he's played down the middle he's done well, I'm not sure how your so critical of him. Were you at Everton? He destroyed Williams. He was the only guy to test Courtois v Chelsea. He is fast, direct and needs a proper run upfront then he can be judged. What I've seen of him I like.

He's probably been more hit than miss, but you'd expect that when everyone else has. He's probably had as many "moments" during games where he's looked good as someone like Vardy... and he's played far more games.

Guest TheBear

Kasper

Simpson Morgan Benaloune Chilwell

Drinky Ndidi

Kapuska Mahrez Gray

Vardy

Think the lad Kapuska deserves a start! Hopefully the spark of Mahrez is available to play and we have a right go!

The thing that is letting me down most with the side at present is the lack of graft and effort! I think couple of lads that have got something to prove and should be hungry to prove it.  Really need to get at them and try and outscore them as we don't seem capable of keeping a clean sheet at present!

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

Hang on a minute, I've not said he is or he isn't one way or another. But pretty basic logic would suggest that if EVERYONE is struggling (and it has been everyone), even people who are normally pretty consistent and proven over a good amount of time. Then it's more than feasible that we aren't seeing the best from any of the new signings.

Player of the season Mahrez has looked like a lump of shite this year, so why is anyone even attempting to judge people new to the country and new to the league after a few games is beyond me.

But feel free to bring it up if you must. I shall bring up that three and a half years ago you said "Vardy, jury out and I'd lean towards saying he's not good enough"... and you were talking about being good enough for the Championship.

Most of our lads are playing badly but you can see who is a good player and who isn't. Gray is frustrating but you can tell he will be good one day because he has good technique and good ability, he just needs to work on his decision making. Musa is a speed merchant. Musa can barely control a football, and this isn't hyperbolic. His first touch and ball control is shocking.

Vardy's technique is also poor but he's a better finisher than Musa. I hope we find a useful role for Musa. I'm not completely writing him off as an LCFC player yet, but I'm not convinced by him.

17 minutes ago, Koke said:

Most of our lads are playing badly but you can see who is a good player and who isn't. Gray is frustrating but you can tell he will be good one day because he has good technique and good ability, he just needs to work on his decision making. Musa is a speed merchant. Musa can barely control a football, and this isn't hyperbolic. His first touch and ball control is shocking.

Vardy's technique is also poor but he's a better finisher than Musa. I hope we find a useful role for Musa. I'm not completely writing him off as an LCFC player yet, but I'm not convinced by him.

And yet in terms of statistical contribution there is nothing between them, in fact Musa probably shades that.

As you touch on and as Vardy proved last year, if people play to your strengths in a teams that's functioning well, you don't need the best technique in the world.  I see him as an upgraded Schlupp, playing as many minutes as Jeff did I'm confident he'd smash his stats.

Screen Shot 2017-01-26 at 16.35.54.png

13 minutes ago, Babylon said:

And yet in terms of statistical contribution there is nothing between them, in fact Musa probably shades that.

Screen Shot 2017-01-26 at 16.35.54.png

Is that Gray v Musa? 

Gray's decision making let's him down and doesn't pass when he should or shoot when he should. That will improve. But he has infinite better ball control and technique than Musa. I think that's what people look at.

3 hours ago, Kitchandro said:

I know he can be a handful on the odd occasion, but for me if you've got that much of a lack of technical ability and intelligence you won't make it at this level. We'll see, but I'm certainly not happy about signing him when he's looked one of the worst players I've ever seen in the Premier League in the majority of his matches. I think he's a bizarre purchase when he looks to have such limited potential.

I'm happy to give him a chance against Derby if he's going to put in some effort, which tbf to him, I can't really question him on so far.

Fair enough. He has been awful on occasions, I'm certainly not going to deny that!

I'm not sure what it is though; he just gives me the impression that when he's settled and has full confidence, he could be one of those players who can rip teams to absolute shreds and win us games on his own. It's almost like he's afraid to knock it into space and get behind defenders so far though- hopefully we can get him to play to his strengths.

35 minutes ago, dynamark said:

Don't think we have time to give Gray and Musa half dozen games to bed in as such.Need some points quick.Both look possibles but we have no time to waste.

Both of them look more positive than the other shithouses we have.

It's not happening either way so i'd rather have some positivity, forward thinking and trying to create things even if that does mean they need to bed in rather than watching poor, sideways or backwards passing with no creativity.

4 hours ago, Babylon said:

Did I really say that about Vardy? You'd have to show me the paragraph and all the posts I've written about him because I'm pretty sure I always stuck up for him.

4 hours ago, Babylon said:

I have too much time on my hands clearly but...

Dickov22 replied to dayday's topic in Leicester City Forum

Keep Vardy get rid of Waghorn

Vardy was fantastic, nightmare to play against. Still think him and Nugent will be first choice front two in time.

19 November 2012

21 replies

Vardy will partner Wood at times as he's quick. He still has a part to play in this season.

Dickov22 replied to Mack's topic in Leicester City Forum

There were FAR worse players on the pitch than him yesterday yet he's still seen as a scapegoat. It's boring. I'd rather have him than Waghorn.Agree, Vardy did his job and more yesterday. I'd imagine his instruction from the bench was something along the lines of 'cause a nuisance of yourself and get us a goal'. He did that, plus set King up with a lovely pass that demonstrated his first touch isn't as bad as many think.......

1 minute ago, Dickov22 said:

I have too much time on my hands clearly but...

Dickov22 replied to dayday's topic in Leicester City Forum

Keep Vardy get rid of Waghorn

Vardy was fantastic, nightmare to play against. Still think him and Nugent will be first choice front two in time.

19 November 2012

21 replies

Vardy will partner Wood at times as he's quick. He still has a part to play in this season.

Dickov22 replied to Mack's topic in Leicester City Forum

There were FAR worse players on the pitch than him yesterday yet he's still seen as a scapegoat. It's boring. I'd rather have him than Waghorn.Agree, Vardy did his job and more yesterday. I'd imagine his instruction from the bench was something along the lines of 'cause a nuisance of yourself and get us a goal'. He did that, plus set King up with a lovely pass that demonstrated his first touch isn't as bad as many think.......

You need to learn how to multi post mate, so you can do what some do..as in go back to every post they can find which either helps them to make an argument, or to make you look a plonker.

Some go back years to do this.

As you say, too much time on your/their hands.

5 hours ago, Babylon said:

And on..

Dickov22 replied to chili_con_carne's topic in Leicester City Forum

Was doing well until injury/ilness. Needs a run of games to get his form back which understandably he won't get at the moment. First touch is sometimes poor but it's a big step up. Workrate phenomenal. Still like to see him in the squad. Anyone who criticises him should give the lad a break.

Dickov22 replied to Lambert09's topic in Leicester City Forum

Vardy.

photo-thumb-14381.jpg

Dickov22 replied to muzzy1981's topic in Leicester City Forum

I thought at the start of the season we played some of our best football with Nugent and Vardy upfront. I think Vardy will get another chance. Waggy is useless, cannot control the ball, useless in the air and doesn't score goals. He's had enough chances

Posted 12 June 2013 · Report post

On ‎12‎/‎06‎/‎2013 at 17:23, Guy said:

I think very much like Vardy, Futacs, by and large is simply an unknown quantity still, it was nigh on impossible to judge either of them fairly last season for what little time they both played in the first team and started games! Vardy started off the season ok with his goals coming early on then against Blackpool at home and the like but then he faded from the scene altogether and was hardly played again thereafter, only as an occasional sub. who was very open to criticism on here! While Futacs only appeared as an occasional sub for the large part of last season and hardly seemed to feature in the final third of it at all, not even as a bench warner! I was surprised as to why Pearson bought him in the first place really to have hardly played the guy. Possibly the same with Vardy too in all essence, all rather mysterious!

Basically I think both Futacs and Vardy are being retained as back up for next season and will possibly be used more often come then, especially now the listed seven are going to be offloaded.

Agree with you on Vardy- looked good for the first few games. Then got injured and never regained form or confidence. If we're relying on him to get us a bag load of goals at this level I'm not so sure, but I do think we will keep him and he will get opportunities.

Disagree on Futacs- he's hopeless I'm afraid. No way he will feature next season

5 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

You need to learn how to multi post mate, so you can do what some do..as in go back to every post they can find which either helps them to make an argument, or to make you look a plonker.

Some go back years to do this.

As you say, too much time on your/their hands.

I feel I've always backed Vardy so I'm surprised if I said I didnt think he could cut it at Premier league level. Although I'm not sure anyone would have disagreed with me at the time.

I've also always said Wasilewski is useless which he is. Just been back and seen posts where I've been ridiculed after saying Michael Keane was a better player....

Anyway I stand by it - Musa is useless. I know that already. He literally cant control a football.

Over and out for now!

1 minute ago, Dickov22 said:

I feel I've always backed Vardy so I'm surprised if I said I didnt think he could cut it at Premier league level. Although I'm not sure anyone would have disagreed with me at the time.

I've also always said Wasilewski is useless which he is. Just been back and seen posts where I've been ridiculed after saying Michael Keane was a better player....

Anyway over and out for now.

I'm with you mate. All I'm saying is don't be surprised if someone comes up with a post you made 3 years ago to disprove you. They will ignore the ten favorable ones you made about a player, and focus on the one that weren't.

lol

Just now, Col city fan said:

I'm with you mate. All I'm saying is don't be surprised if someone comes up with a post you made 3 years ago to disprove you. They will ignore the ten favorable ones you made about a player, and focus on the one that weren't.

lol

If someone has the time to do that then that's ok by me!

Archived