Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FireFox

Derby Away Pre-Match Thread

It's "make it or break it" time, folks.

If we don't approach this game like a veritable six-pointer in league terms and a derby against local rivals (or neighbors, whatever you want to call it), then it could be the final moment after which everything definitely spirals out of control.

I want to see us give a 110%, retain possession and show up with focus and intent.

A "performance" like Southampton away must become the exception, not the rule.

But that also requires the manager finally getting the best out of his player in a system they are accustomed to!?

45 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

You know we will. I can see it already, Hughes takes the ball, we stand off until he is in the penalty area, puts Morgan on his arse with a little pass and teammate taps it in. 

You can definitely see that happening I'm afraid.

I've not spoken to anyone yet who thinks we'll win!

Its ridiculous how the confidence in this team has diminished.

Its the sheep shaggers! I hope we smash em!

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

We perform anything like we did against Saints and we're going to lose quite simply. We have better individuals, but as a unit we're just not performing. We could be made to look very silly when they pass and move the ball around us at ease.

I too have the same fear.

A high tempo pressing game from us, from KO is a 'must'.

Sitting back and waiting for things to happen will simply not work if this season is anything to go by.

12 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

It's "make it or break it" time, folks.

If we don't approach this game like a veritable six-pointer in league terms and a derby against local rivals (or neighbors, whatever you want to call it), then it could be the final moment after which everything definitely spirals out of control.

I want to see us give a 110%, retain possession and show up with focus and intent.

A "performance" like Southampton away must become the exception, not the rule.

But that also requires the manager finally getting the best out of his player in a system they are accustomed to!?

Agreed.

Play last season's heros in 442, and swap Kunte for Diddyman.

1 minute ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

Agreed.

Play last season's heros in 442, and swap Kunte for Diddyman.

I also see this game as make or break. That's not being hasty. That's on the back of playing some shocking football this season. If we bow out to Direby with a whimper tonight,I'd have had enough. Nothing other than at least a spirited performance tonight is enough.

For me, if we lose tonight then that's it. If Ranieri disrespects the fans and puts out a similar lineup to the Porto game, and we get beaten by ****ing Derby then I for one will have had enough - I'd be quite happy if the board decided to look elsewhere in terms of manager. I will always love Ranieri for what he did last season, but something has gone badly - catastrophically - wrong since we won the league, and the manager seems to be completely in denial and absolutely clueless about how to rectify the problems.

The window for us to attract a top manager to the club will be well and truly gone once we're out of the Champions League - the opportunity to sign top players definitely has gone now. Let's try and salvage something from this mess.

6 minutes ago, indierich06 said:

For me, if we lose tonight then that's it. If Ranieri disrespects the fans and puts out a similar lineup to the Porto game, and we get beaten by ****ing Derby then I for one will have had enough - I'd be quite happy if the board decided to look elsewhere in terms of manager. I will always love Ranieri for what he did last season, but something has gone badly - catastrophically - wrong since we won the league, and the manager seems to be completely in denial and absolutely clueless about how to rectify the problems.

The window for us to attract a top manager to the club will be well and truly gone once we're out of the Champions League - the opportunity to sign top players definitely has gone now. Let's try and salvage something from this mess.

Agree with you Rich

I've been a City fan for long enough to know of the rivalry with Derby. If we lose to them tonight, forget this 'it ain't a Derby and we ain't rivals' rubbish...their fans will be gloating big time.

If we look to not even be trying tonight, and lose convincingly (without much of a fight) I'd want a change at the helm too.

5 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Agree with you Rich

I've been a City fan for long enough to know of the rivalry with Derby. If we lose to them tonight, forget this 'it ain't a Derby and we ain't rivals' rubbish...their fans will be gloating big time.

If we look to not even be trying tonight, and lose convincingly (without much of a fight) I'd want a change at the helm too.

Me too .....   but will CR put out a winning team ...    or hold back for next week ...

FullSizeRender.jpg

Looking forward to the Derby pitch invasion if they beat us lol 

it would almost be worth losing to see that. 

Manner of performance is what I'm looking at that, if we don't get a result but play much better than I'd continue to support Ranieri. Defeat with a wimper and it will be hard for him to come back from.

14 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Looking forward to the Derby pitch invasion if they beat us lol 

it would almost be worth losing to see that. 

Manner of performance is what I'm looking at that, if we don't get a result but play much better than I'd continue to support Ranieri. Defeat with a wimper and it will be hard for him to come back from.

Nothing is worth losing to Derby to see (I note your use of the word 'almost', and hang on to that). :D

Archived