Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FireFox

Derby Away Pre-Match Thread

Musa will become our best  striker...!!!

Now back to the Derby game.

I would Bench Morgan, give him a rest.

It would suprise me if this is a 1-0 type of game, I see a few goals coming.

We need to see if the midfield can get a few more shots off...

Shame its too late to get the new CB into the team...:whistle:

1 hour ago, Dickov22 said:

Did I really say that about Vardy? You'd have to show me the paragraph and all the posts I've written about him because I'm pretty sure I always stuck up for him.

I just searched your name and Vardy and it was on the first load of posts. There were a lot of posts backing him a little bit later to be fair.

Just now, Babylon said:

I just searched your name and Vardy and it was on the first load of posts. There were a lot of posts backing him a little bit later to be fair.

I thought so. 

Lets see with Musa ......

i do agree that no player has performed this season. 

Just now, Dickov22 said:

I thought so. 

Lets see with Musa ......

i do agree that no player has performed this season. 

He might end up being dog muck, clearly his control will always be hit and miss. But there have been flashes of quality in terms of creating a chance or taking a goal that makes me think if we find him a position that suits him and play to his strengths, he could contribute a lot.

i think people get hung up on the fee. I think what people are chucking about this season brings that into perspective now. We're spending 15m on kids, schlupp gone for 12m, Ramirez costing probably more then Schlupp.

We all expected £16m to buy you world class talent like it did a few years back. It just doesn't buy what it did.

1 minute ago, Vocey said:

Strangely nervous today, and constantly thinking that I'd like to see mahrez play in the 'number 10' role behind Vardy. Gray and Albrighton either side. 

Mahrez won't start.. He'll be on the bench and Ranieri will bring him on after 70mins when we're 2-0 down! 

On paper this is a perfect game for our counter attacking, high tempo, high pressing type of game, which should perfectly suit Musa and Vardy as a pair through the middle...but Ranieri wont set up like that. He will be cautious and be more concerned about stopping Derby, so he'll play Albrighton for his defensive work (hopefully he can pass the ball to a blue shirt today, not the ball boy as he done most of the season) and put him in front of Chilwell to protect him, which in turn stifles Chilwell's attacking play which is his strength.

We need to see if N'didi can play with Drinkwater, as a midfield 2...whilst DD is badly out of form we know what he can do when he has the ball early, and when he has pace in front of him he will pick someone out, even if it takes 5-6 goes to get it right. I'm hoping he plays Gray wide, not Musa...I don't rate Musa, he cant control a football and is a headless chicken, but he deserves the chance to play in the position we bought him to play in...on paper his and Vardy's pace should create havoc, and chances!

As for the back 4 I think Amartey becomes the permanent RB when he is back, so Simpson starts. Huth/Morgan are both so poor at the moment there is a case to leave them both out...but again you cant trust Wasilewski so one has to play, if Ranieri eventually gives Benaloune a chance...which he deserves.

Two key things for tonight...we will all know how the 90 mins will pan out after about 4-5 mins...if we play at a high tempo, press Derby high and hit them on the break we will eventually pick them off....we'll see after a few minutes if our players are up for it, if they are we win, if not we will lose miserably again! Secondly we'll see how adventurous Ranieri is being from the first corner Derby get...we kept 2, sometimes 3 men forward last season when the other team had a corner, last week we had everyone in the box, and no-one taking responsibility, and then no outlet....so Ranieri should, for a change, try and dictate the game how we want it played, and go all out for goals, at best were playing a top 6 Championship side...but I doubt he will, and he'll have another set of excuses afterwards!

Would love to see Musa start either instead of Vardy or on the wing. I think he'll be feeling good about the F.A cup and if he is confident, I'm not sure Derby's fullback will be able to handle him. 

My final preference for the front 4 is:

Gray Mahrez Musa  

Vardy

Enough pace and trickery to give us some chances. That's if we don't opt for a defensive set-up and rely on Morgan and Huth not to drop a clanger. 

Mahrez needs to start this one, we need someone we some quality and flare to set the tone. 

Musa is too light weight and not suited to this game imo - he's also f'king useless I'd rather see Gray. We absolutley need to get stuck into them from the whistle.

2 minutes ago, jon1bc said:

Mahrez needs to start this one, we need someone we some quality and flare to set the tone. 

Musa is too light weight and not suited to this game imo - he's also f'king useless I'd rather see Gray. We absolutley need to get stuck into them from the whistle.

Agreed.

7 minutes ago, jon1bc said:

And he's also the reason we have a game tonight! 

2 minutes ago, jon1bc said:

yes that's it, play him based on his last FA Cup performance, even though he has done fk all since

Who else in the team has done anything since the last FA cup game though? lol Since then we've lost 3 nil twice. 

Archived