Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Eduardo Macia

if we cant get walsh back which is obviously an unrealistic dream, we should go for Paul Mitchell at Spurs. Wasn't he here before, under Pearson?

edt: Apparently he's not free to leave until December 2017. Maybe it could be negotiated in the summer though.

2 minutes ago, foxes21 said:

if we cant get walsh back which is obviously an unrealistic dream, we should go for Paul Mitchell at Spurs. Wasn't he here before, under Pearson?

edt: Apparently he's not free to leave until December 2017. Maybe it could be negotiated in the summer though.

Didn't we have an agreement in place for him to join us at one stage?....just going from a failing old non replaceable memory bank here

3 minutes ago, norwichfox said:

Didn't we have an agreement in place for him to join us at one stage?....just going from a failing old non replaceable memory bank here

that does sound familiar.

Maybe that's why Spurs gave him a notice period of 16 months.

He's had one full window, we brought in N'Didi who has shone in a poor side and a CB. We needed players in both positions and that's what we got. It's his job to identify players, not sign them.

Do we really need a head of recruitment alongside the scouting team? I think it's a myth that we do.

It should be for the manager to have a vision on where we go as a football club.

I'm sure Sean Dyche didn't need a head of recruitment to make the shrewd signings like Gray, Brady and Hendrick he's done In recent years.

It's alright blaming the recruitment now, but at the start of the season we had a bunch of players who had just won the league and were in most people's eyes virtually undropable, what positions would we have actually been able to get first team players and which players would we have sacked off. Hindsights a wonderful thing and blame is very easy after the event.

13 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

It's alright blaming the recruitment now, but at the start of the season we had a bunch of players who had just won the league and were in most people's eyes virtually undropable, what positions would we have actually been able to get first team players and which players would we have sacked off. Hindsights a wonderful thing and blame is very easy after the event.

Exactly the foundation needed to build ever greater strength. But sadly, it's a common fault in football to stick too long with people who've brought you success. No, I'm not suggesting a champion team should be discarded, just that the weakest points be strengthened and more competition for the strongest places introduced. Year in, year out. A manager should always be looking to improve his assets.      

38 minutes ago, Wookie said:

He's had one full window, we brought in N'Didi who has shone in a poor side and a CB. We needed players in both positions and that's what we got. It's his job to identify players, not sign them.

Our whole recruitment/signing process seems to be a shambles. I honestly don't care who's responsible. I just want those who are in the job to do it to a top class level. If they can't then replace whoever is messing up.

Ndidi looks a tremendous find, before that Gray last winter. Slimani, Amartey and Zieler (as back up) look like they could offer the club something at this level.

Other than that. Absolute shambles. League winners, a lot of money in the pot and we've come up with that over 3 transfer windows. It's embarassing. Surprised they've not been blame for plotting against Ranieri and back-stabbing him.

5 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Our whole recruitment/signing process seems to be a shambles. I honestly don't care who's responsible. I just want those who are in the job to do it to a top class level. If they can't then replace whoever is messing up.

Ndidi looks a tremendous find, before that Gray last winter. Slimani, Amartey and Zieler (as back up) look like they could offer the club something at this level.

Other than that. Absolute shambles. League winners, a lot of money in the pot and we've come up with that over 3 transfer windows. It's embarassing. Surprised they've not been blame for plotting against Ranieri and back-stabbing him.

Inquired about nearly 40 players during the Jan transfer window.

Not sure if that makes us look good or bad

Eduardo Macià (born 7 May 1974) is the Head of Senior Player Recruitment for Leicester City F.C.

A retired player, as a scout he has previously worked for Valencia CF and Liverpool F.C., in liaison with manager Rafael Benítez. On 28 April 2011 Olympiacos F.C. announced that Eduardo Macía has been appointed as their new Technical Director.[1] On 17 November 2011 he became a Technical Director of ACF Fiorentina. He signed with Real Betis in April 2015.[2] After he achieved the season's goals, he made a deal with the new president to leave the club in opposition to the most of the board and fans.[3]

In September 2016, he signed a contract with Leicester City F.C. as the Head of Senior Player Recruitment.[4]

After losing his role as sporting director to Amedeo Carboni, Macià was offered another role on the club's board but he opted to seek a new challenge. "It's a professional decision," he said. "I think my job here has come to an end and I cannot give more than I have given." Benitez considered making a move for Maciá when the latter rejected a new contract offer from Valencia.[6] Former Valencia coach Claudio Ranieri was also interested in tempting Maciá to join him, but Liverpool seem a more interesting option for Maciá.[7]

..a CR signing? a friend?... which player has he signed in 6 months?

18 minutes ago, Bob Hazels shorts said:

Inquired about nearly 40 players during the Jan transfer window.

Not sure if that makes us look good or bad

That's a lot of players. Smacks of being a little scatter gun doesn't it. I honestly have no idea how football transfers or the recruitment process works but it seems a lot. Is that a published fact or just something you've heard out of interest?

On 2/1/2017 at 16:43, ozleicester said:

we need to bring in Trump... sack everyone and make Leicester great again :ph34r:

Agreed, bring in Trump and build a wall around Hoof, Walker and Rudkin.

He surely can`t be blamed for the summer recruitment, the players we brought in then would have been scouted and recommended by Walsh and his staff.

The January window was his first real opportunity, and we had targets, but someone couldn`t get them over the line, whether that job is down to him, i really don`t know, i always assumed that was the job of the director of football, but i could be wrong.

4 hours ago, ZeGuy said:

Thought Macia was a recommendation of Ranieri?

Yep the recruiter of the recruiters needs to be fired too.. But then who would be in charge of recruiting the person that recruits the person that recruits the recruiting team?

6 hours ago, filbertway said:

That's a lot of players. Smacks of being a little scatter gun doesn't it. I honestly have no idea how football transfers or the recruitment process works but it seems a lot. Is that a published fact or just something you've heard out of interest?

Sure I heard that alladyce claimed to have tried over 100.  Don't know if it's normal, a reflection of being scattergun, no one wants to come or how difficult the January transfer window was, my impression was that alladyce was implying the latter.

On 26 February 2017 at 13:00, smudger63 said:

He surely can`t be blamed for the summer recruitment, the players we brought in then would have been scouted and recommended by Walsh and his staff.

The January window was his first real opportunity, and we had targets, but someone couldn`t get them over the line, whether that job is down to him, i really don`t know, i always assumed that was the job of the director of football, but i could be wrong.

The DOF does all of that

On Wednesday, February 01, 2017 at 11:12, Babylon said:

We have no idea who sanctioned or chose Macia. He was most likely a Ranieri pick considering where he'd been previously. And no matter who you aimed it at, I don't see how you can bring up the summer window when Macia wasn't even here. We ended up with Mendy, who was cast iron a Ranieri pick as he wanted him before Kante.

We have no idea what has gone on. You're just filling in blanks.

We finished 14th and played some decent football without Kante. Even if he missed games last year we still showed spirit and good play. The fact every single player looks like a load of unmotivated crap is not down to us signing or not signing someone in a certain window. Can signing lots of players from foreign leagues without experience impact spirit, the togetherness... yes. But it's not the sole factor, it's one of many. But people seem to think signing a good CB is going to solve everything. That's delusional.

I agree on your whole tact in this thread.

I have been shouting out (well posting) since

October/November for a CB cover , but like you mention, it wouldnt solve anything, but it would of been a start, to have given us a base to build upon..

Ranieris, loyalty and stubborness and lack of investment  in defensive cover, plus (IMO) poor judgement, that his squad well into their 4th hard season, needed rest games and quality injury cover. He actually because of this lack of awareness, ruined his own dream..

Archived