Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Eduardo Macia

Just now, Babylon said:

Lets blame the bloke who has been here 5 minutes.. he's definitely to blame, like all the new signings. Definitely their fault that proven premier league players can't kick a ball to each other.

What about the guy what appointed him? Brings in a head scout who has absolutely zero experience with PL football and unsurprisingly it all fails with his first transfer window. 

Does Macia have the contacts and network available to most scouts in this country ? I doubt it very much

Just now, Cardiff_Fox said:

What about the guy what appointed him? Brings in a head scout who has absolutely zero experience with PL football and unsurprisingly it all fails with his first transfer window. 

Does Macia have the contacts and network available to most scouts in this country ? I doubt it very much

From what I can tell, we've not had an issue identifying players. We've had an issue signing them.

Anyway, I don't think recruitment is even the issue. It's being used to paper over things that I've talked about over and over again since the summer, that are too numerous to mention again.

3 minutes ago, Babylon said:

From what I can tell, we've not had an issue identifying players. We've had an issue signing them.

Anyway, I don't think recruitment is even the issue. It's being used to paper over things that I've talked about over and over again since the summer, that are too numerous to mention again.

Come on Babs. We've signed prospects rather than quality - we are paying hoping one player becomes good. 

Every player whose joined had zero experience of the league and we did the same during the window bar Ramirez 

You know most scouts actually have the contacts and feelers to find out if a deal is goer before bidding in most cases

4 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Come on Babs. We've signed prospects rather than quality - we are paying hoping one player becomes good. 

Every player whose joined had zero experience of the league and we did the same during the window bar Ramirez 

I'm confused, Macia is hardly responsible for the summer window. And I seem to remember that when we were linked with the likes of Keane and Deeney in the summer, plus others experienced in our league people didn't like it one bit.

It's also down to the manager to dictate what sort of player he wants. If he wants a DM with experience of the league, then he should request it and not accept a kid from some other league.

And I don't believe recruitment is the reason we are where we are. EVERY single player has gone to shit, that's not down to recruitment.

7 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

You know most scouts actually have the contacts and feelers to find out if a deal is goer before bidding in most cases

What does this argument even mean? Is it the fact they did not live in England and were settled there before we signed them?

Is football a different sport in the UK than it is everywhere else?

It didn't seem to hold Kanté back for one.

4 minutes ago, Babylon said:

I'm confused, Macia is hardly responsible for the summer window. And I seem to remember that when we were linked with the likes of Keane and Deeney in the summer, plus others experienced in our league people didn't like it one bit.

It's also down to the manager to dictate what sort of player he wants. If he wants a DM with experience of the league, then he should request it and not accept a kid from some other league.

And I don't believe recruitment is the reason we are where we are. EVERY single player has gone to shit, that's not down to recruitment.

If you re-read my original post, my anger wasn't aimed at Macia but instead Rudkin. 

However as I said after editing, most scouts get the feeling when a player is available be it via an agent or other means. Acerbi appeared pretty adament he was staying in Italy and it was only Ramirez in the end what looked like he actually wanted to join. 

Recruitment has been an issue - we didn't get any adequate defensive cover in or replace Kante adequately 

1 minute ago, shen said:

What does this argument even mean? Is it the fact they did not live in England and were settled there before we signed them?

Is football a different sport in the UK than it is everywhere else?

It didn't seem to hold Kanté back for one.

No but experience in the PL is highly useful isn't it? Kante is a freak and will be proved when his success matches any modern day great. 

Take Amartey, shaky start but he's developing into a decent player. The issue is it's taken 6 months for that to happen and it's been at the penalty of the team. 

Musa doesn't even look physically good enough for the PL. Hernandez was at shock to the cut and thrust. 

Huth joined two Januarys ago and there was none of that bedding in period. 

The PL is a different beast to any other league because of the speed. It's nothing to do with nationality, all to do with experience. 

2 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

If you re-read my original post, my anger wasn't aimed at Macia but instead Rudkin.

We have no idea who sanctioned or chose Macia. He was most likely a Ranieri pick considering where he'd been previously. And no matter who you aimed it at, I don't see how you can bring up the summer window when Macia wasn't even here. We ended up with Mendy, who was cast iron a Ranieri pick as he wanted him before Kante.

However as I said after editing, most scouts get the feeling when a player is available be it via an agent or other means. Acerbi appeared pretty adament he was staying in Italy and it was only Ramirez in the end what looked like he actually wanted to join.

We have no idea what has gone on. You're just filling in blanks.

Recruitment has been an issue - we didn't get any adequate defensive cover in or replace Kante adequately 

We finished 14th and played some decent football without Kante. Even if he missed games last year we still showed spirit and good play. The fact every single player looks like a load of unmotivated crap is not down to us signing or not signing someone in a certain window. Can signing lots of players from foreign leagues without experience impact spirit, the togetherness... yes. But it's not the sole factor, it's one of many. But people seem to think signing a good CB is going to solve everything. That's delusional.

5 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

No but experience in the PL is highly useful isn't it? Kante is a freak and will be proved when his success matches any modern day great. 

Take Amartey, shaky start but he's developing into a decent player. The issue is it's taken 6 months for that to happen and it's been at the penalty of the team. 

Musa doesn't even look physically good enough for the PL. Hernandez was at shock to the cut and thrust. 

The PL is a different beast to any other league because of the speed. It's nothing to do with nationality, all to do with experience. 

We still had a title winning team, just without Kante. They all had experience and were proven... so why are they all so shit? If there is something inherently wrong, even signing someone with experience of the league won't fix the issue.

19 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Then what do you say to the players that now have 2½ seasons' worth of experience at this level?

Useful, probably, but not essential.

Far more important to get the right personalities and competencies that blend into a group.

3 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Isn't the Head scout Macia??? If so i guess having a similar role at Liverpool for a few seasons doesn't count towards experience with PL football 

• 4 weeks later...
On 31/01/2017 at 23:38, The Doctor said:

Sack everyone, sell the ground, wind up the club, we only managed to sign a promising DM and a young CB like everyone has been demanding in a difficult window to work in.

Back to playing on Viccy park then, come on you Fosses.

On 01/02/2017 at 09:51, Babylon said:

Be nice to know who's doing the identifying! Everyone makes mistakes but we seem to have had a season where getting one right's been more of the problem.   

12 minutes ago, frany104 said:

Get rid. He's been awful. Worst transfer windows possible and it has cost us big time. Whatever happened to that bloke from Spurs who was meant to be coming in?

Tbf we don't know he has been awful. We just couldn't sign anyone. Ndidi was a good find though.

Guest CityFan 06

I think the new manager will depend a lot on whether Macia stays at the club. I'd be interested to see how he'd do over a summer transfer window, under the right manager. 

It's not that he isn't finding the players

This is where the problem lies:

Sources suggest Walsh would work to a greater degree than Macia on terms before presenting to the club's director of football Jon Rudkin for completion. Communication is also said to be an issue. 

Ndidi was a great find, and we were linked with some good names, it's just we couldn't get them over the line because of the above.

Archived