Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

The patronising tone from the media towards our predicament and fans

16 hours ago, dylanlegend said:

Ranieri will go down as a total legend but for the good of the club it's time to go

and drag the rest of us blindly into the abyss, unlikely I've got enough years left to see us get out of it.

18 minutes ago, Koke said:

I hope so.

I thought Martin Keown correctly showed the problem last night on MOTD2. He showed several clips of our players hoofing it or passing it back to the keeper instead of making foward passes or to the wings.

Other than Keown nobody else in the media have actually diagnosed the problem ie ball retention, recruitment etc. It's been a lot of repetitive talk about Kante and fighting spirit and bollocks like that.

I think you're right... who'd have thought keown would be the one to call it.

I think we need to play it on the floor... shinji coming short and flicking it to grey or albrighton or even.... if this could happen.... to a runmer from mid field. .. other clubs do it

6 minutes ago, NewEnglandFox said:

Barry Glendenning's twatting continues.

Sunderland are entitled to stay up but Leicester should accept relegation.

And he's a Sunderland fan. So ****ing oblivious to his own ignorant hypocrisy. And he says we "have a sense of entitlement."

Who is this guy? What a load of rubbish. If he is a journalist, that profession has just sunk to new low. Sunderland the club that singlehandedly made an example as to why la liga is better than the premiership because of the utter shit they've made us watch for the past few years are entitled to stay up. 

11 minutes ago, NewEnglandFox said:

And he's a Sunderland fan. So ****ing oblivious to his own ignorant hypocrisy. And he says we "have a sense of entitlement."

Glendenning is 'Grade A' County Offaly p'''k.

There's a term that best sums up. BIFFO. An unfair generalization but highly appropriate in his case

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=BIFFO

9 minutes ago, NewEnglandFox said:

He's weird because he earlier had a go at journalists and pundits for being patronising towards Burnley in their 1-1 draw with Chelsea, and then he does it to us.

He said the history of Leicester City is basically going down and back up, and he couldn't understand why we, or the people, make a bigger deal out of our troubles. 

They trot out all these abysmal stats about Leicester but refuse to point out the root of the problem.

17 minutes ago, NewEnglandFox said:

He's a cúnt, he said that he'd rather be a Sunderland fan than West Brom. I bet he doesn't go to games.

17 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Who is this guy? What a load of rubbish. If he is a journalist, that profession has just sunk to new low. Sunderland the club that singlehandedly made an example as to why la liga is better than the premiership because of the utter shit they've made us watch for the past few years are entitled to stay up. 

Guardian journo.

The attitude that we have had our moment of glory and have been spoiled by CR and the players, and should accept anything from them now blindly, sickens me.

Football fans don't like change, they like having the natural order maintained and neutrals baulk at the idea that we should use last season to push on and establish ourselves in the PL - when in reality any team or even business worth their salt should be striving to constantly build for the future and improve. We gave ourselves the chance to do so and are blowing it big time and as fans are well within our rights to be angry about that!

The historical position argument is absolutely wank on planet bullshit. Basically saying that clubs shouldn't have any ambition ever because you can only play at the level of your previous finishes, United should be content with 5th place because they've won the league plenty in the past. Arsenal shouldn't be arsed about winning the league again because they've won it a few times. Burton should be happy just make the numbers in the championship, they shouldn't care about actual results because they're a conference team. The very idea that we should just be happy with whatever now because we won the league is insulting, we turn up to watch pathetic performances every week and then we're entitled because we're not unequivocally content with getting turned over every match day.

18 minutes ago, Koke said:

He's weird because he earlier had a go at journalists and pundits for being patronising towards Burnley in their 1-1 draw with Chelsea, and then he does it to us.

He said the history of Leicester City is basically going down and back up, and he couldn't understand why we, or the people, make a bigger deal out of our troubles. 

They trot out all these abysmal stats about Leicester but refuse to point out the root of the problem.

He's both unaware of his bias and inconsistent in applying it. Burnley aren't in the relegation zone threatening his dear Sunderland so he probably doesn't feel the need to worry. He talked about Boro being boring too.

We're only making noise on national media because they keep bringing it up and asking for opinions. If you think that fans are going to be happy with a relegation battle in any season then I'm not sure what game you are part of.

Guess who wrote this tosh today lol (not an ex plsuer). The one and only Coventry fan, Richard Keys.

"I've read an awful lot on why Leicester are struggling this season. Apparently it's because they 'over celebrated' last season's title success. Nonsense.

Others believe it's because N'golo Kante was sold. Nonsense. His absence hasn't stopped them from progressing to the last 16 of the Champions League, although there is no doubt that he's been missed. He's a terrific little player. Any team would miss his non-stop running and uncanny ability to break up opposition play.

So it must be that the boys have downed tools? Nonsense. No they haven't.  Ranieri has 'tinkered' too much then? Nonsense. Is it that he's fallen out with too many people?  Nonsense.

Here's what I believe the problem is. They are simply not very good. What we're seeing now is just about what they are. They're two points better off than they were when they went on that fantastic run of seven wins in nine games to save themselves under Nigel Pearson, the real architect of last season's success.

And before you Leicester City fans start screaming 'Sky Blue Scum bag' let me explain myself.

After battling to safety under Pearson  - and it was without doubt the greatest escape of all time - no-one, absolutely no-one could foresee what was going to happen the following season. 

Pearson was sacked that summer wasn't he? I expressed serious doubts about Ranieri's appointment, going so far as to predict they'd  go down without Pearson's big presence and organisational skills.

Quite the opposite happened. Again, Leicester gave us something that will never - ever - be done again. We all smiled as Ranieri shoved the words of people like me back down our throats. Leicester winning the Premier League title was arguably the greatest sporting achievement of all time. It was brilliant. It was breathtaking. And it was so re-freshing. But it was a one-off. It will never be done again. Oh, It wouldn't have been done had Arsenal had some bollocks. They should've won it and Arsene Wenger knows it. They'll never have a better chance again while he's there.

Leicester found all the stars aligned just at the right time and they capitalised. Brilliant. I say again, it was a wonderful achievement, but here's why it can't be done again.

The 'big six' have have got their act together - that's a major factor. Normal service at the top has been resumed this season and the six of them are only going to get stronger - especially if they can force through a re-distribution of the overseas tv money. Trust me, if they can - and I think they can - they will.

So that's one issue, but the main one from Leicester's point of view is that for some reason and somehow a group of 'ordinary' players all performed in an 'extra-ordinary' way. They all produced outstanding 11/10 performances on a weekly basis. As the season went on, belief grew and the impossible became probable before they eventually got it over the line.

There's a reason only Kante left the club. The rest, with perhaps one exception, aren't good enough to play for top clubs. They're at Leicester for that reason. Those that started careers at the bigger clubs weren't good enough to stay, so a collection of really good pro's all found themselves in the same place - at the right time - and something very special happened.

Morgan and Huth are the wrong side of 30 and won't ever again have a season like they did last time out. Everybody has worked Vardy out. Drinkwater is no more than 'solid' and he's missing his mate. Mahrez is a shadow of himself. Schmeichel is a great lad but again, would he get into any of the top 6 sides? The rest are good players - no more.

I do think that there is perhaps a little unrest in the dressing room caused by the fact that some of last season's stars are now earning money beyond their wildest dreams, whilst others have been left behind. That's a factor, but the bottom line is this - Leicester are neither as bad as their league position and form, but they were certainly never as good as last season's title win suggested.

Make no mistake - they're in big trouble. Unless something changes, and quickly, I reckon I'll have been a season out - they're going down"

On 12/02/2017 at 18:18, Tuna said:

Just heard Kelly Cates on 606 use the hackneyed 'would you have taken winning the league and then relegation the next season'. Really getting fed up of hearing this now.

It's like being told you can have the best sex ever with Mila Kunis and then afterwards she'll shoot you in the head. Actually, let me think about that analogy for a bit...

I honestly cannot believe the amount of people who are saying this. Is it one big joke or something that I'm missing? It's on a par with these "if so and so's shots that hit the bar had gone in they'd be 2nd rather than 8th".

We are honestly a laughing stock this country when it comes to football. So fixated on utterly irrelevant things.

Archived