Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

The patronising tone from the media towards our predicament and fans

'Leicester are neither as bad as their league position and form, but they were certainly never as good as last season's title win suggested.'

This is the only part of that article I think has some (and only some) merit, although maybe not worded quite as I'd have put it. I think most agree that last season we overachieved, that's not to say we didn't deserve to win the title, or that it was a fluke, because we did and it was not.

I think we all agree that we are not as bad as our league position and form suggests, that is large part of the reason we are so unhappy with the current situation and why rumour/theories of dressing room unrest etc have cropped up. I also don't buy this whole 'the top 6 have got their act together' rhetoric that has been spouted as a reason for our demise, yes they have all improved to a degree, but how does that explain how our form has dropped off so much? And why are there 11 other teams between us and them, have they all got their act together as well?  

Oh and the 'they won it last year but should accept their position as they are historically a YoYo club' reasoning going around is complete rubbish, as others have said why should we accept that? The moment we all stop striving to improve is the moment we should all pack it in and go home. One of the reasons I hold clubs such as Sunderland in such contempt is that they find themselves in the same situation every year and seem to show no sign of any willingness/ability to improve, whats the point? Surely celebrating staying up every year becomes boring and at some point there is a desire to move up the table?

1 hour ago, Dan LCFC said:

I honestly cannot believe the amount of people who are saying this. Is it one big joke or something that I'm missing? It's on a par with these "if so and so's shots that hit the bar had gone in they'd be 2nd rather than 8th".

We are honestly a laughing stock this country when it comes to football. So fixated on utterly irrelevant things.

Unfortunately when it comes to analysis of Leicester City the debate becomes utterly useless. There's a lot column inches and radio airtime devoted to Leicester atm but all I hear is 2 things.

1. They're missing Kante  (said 18 million times now).

2. Leicester fans would have taken this 12 months ago (another stupid argument).

That's the extend of LCFC talk. No mention of shocking recruitment or bad tactics or why we don't keep possession or why Ranieri has bought 2 CBs since he arrived here, one has already gone back to Spain and the other is rotting in the reserves etc.

1 hour ago, Koke said:

Unfortunately when it comes to analysis of Leicester City the debate becomes utterly useless. There's a lot column inches and radio airtime devoted to Leicester atm but all I hear is 2 things.

1. They're missing Kante  (said 18 million times now).

2. Leicester fans would have taken this 12 months ago (another stupid argument).

That's the extend of LCFC talk. No mention of shocking recruitment or bad tactics or why we don't keep possession or why Ranieri has bought 2 CBs since he arrived here, one has already gone back to Spain and the other is rotting in the reserves etc.

I think in general the media is very dumbed down. I find Guardiola's attitude quite intriguing, don't get me wrong he's a miserable sod at times but I think his frustration is the lack of focus on the actual tactical side of the game and I can completely sympathise with him on that.

5 hours ago, ge12 said:

'Leicester are neither as bad as their league position and form, but they were certainly never as good as last season's title win suggested.'

Which surely should average out into a mid-table position that I think plenty of fans would be comfortable with?

I never, around a couple of seasons ago for a good while, couldn't stand East Midlands Today most time they gave any news reports on us.

But now I quite enjoy watching what they say about us, even in the current situation now; seem to have warmed a bit to us in recent times, though I suspect it's because Forest (in particular as EMT are based somewhere there) have been poor for ages.

it annoys me to bits when they say we shouldnt be bothered where we are, how the players are performing, results and wanting CR out, we have the right to comment on it, since well most of us are spending god knows how much to watch them clowns week in week out and they arent.

and just because we won the league last season doesnt mean we have to accept the rubbish being turned out every week from the players and manager,

if they was in our position seeing it all then theyd probably be saying the same.

1 hour ago, Corky said:

Are we allowed to comment yet? I know it's entitlement to expect a team to score a goal or complete a passing move beyond three or four though.

Nope. You're supposed to shut up. You're "idiotic" according to Robbie Savage. 

What will Robbie Savage say when Sevilla dick us 8-1 on aggregate? 

People just don't understand. They all think they would not care about going down but they would, particularly in this fashion. I saw a few comments earlier saying that we shouldn't complain, like we should still be wanking over last season and smiling as we shit away the greatest season and opportunity to become a solid top flight team we've ever had. Nobs.

Did anyone else notice yesterday the BBC Champions League page was dominated by Man Utd :@eventhough they're not in it ?? Even todays Metro headlines were all about Man Utd's Europa League match and injuries to two of their players. Still, at least the big Champions League match got a mention on the inside pages :rolleyes:

Is it an unrealistic expectation for the CHAMPIONS of England to be in a position higher than 1 place above the relegation zone?

To win an away game?

To score a goal this year?

To not lose at a league 1 club with 10 men?

These idiots in the media have no idea what is going on at the football club. They are the same people who said shame on Southampton for hiring Potechinno and were found to be idiots.

What are these idiots really saying? That relegation is acceptable? Would any company risk financial ruin because they liked the guy running the company? Of course not.

They are effectively ruffling our hair, saying well done now go back to where you belong. Well we're better than that, we expect better than that and our owners expect better than that.

4 hours ago, Spudulike said:

Did anyone else notice yesterday the BBC Champions League page was dominated by Man Utd :@eventhough they're not in it ?? Even todays Metro headlines were all about Man Utd's Europa League match and injuries to two of their players. Still, at least the big Champions League match got a mention on the inside pages :rolleyes:

Yes, so annoying.

Also, all the media who have been saying they can't understand how Claudio was still in a job, now saying how disgraceful it is that we've sacked him :rolleyes:

Typically British I am afraid, build you up just to tear you down.

I feel for the Owners, I don't think this is a decision they will have wanted to have made. We all love Claudio, how can you not, he is charming and witty, and won us a league title, but current form and more particularly the way we are playing didn't really leave them a choice.

If we stay up the press will say Claudio could have done it, if we go down it was because we sacked Claudio.

Our current form would have seen any other manager at any other club sacked at Christmas, and the press would have said it was the right decision.

Sometimes you just can't win, literally.

Thanks to Claudio, but we have to now move on, what else is their to be done.

if last season was a one off why are we expected to stay loyal to it.

last season, defending champions chelsea sacked their manager a while before we did.

is that not as bad because you cant have a big club like chelsea struggling near the bottom, the manager has to go.

leicester though, should be down there so what cheek they have sacking the manager who won them the league just over a year ago.

ranieri had more than enough time and money to be expected to be in a fairly comfortable position, not at the brink of a relegation scrap.

Archived