Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Okazaki

Hard work only gets you so far. His job is to score goals and I think he's actually only hit the back twice.

He's weak, has no first touch, offers no creativity, no goal threat, he's doesn't want the ball at his feet and he spends all game on the floor. It's like playing with ten men from the off. 

Wouldn't get in anybody else's team in the top two divisions.

Edited by Ross 'LCFC' Turner
  • Like 1

I don't want him next season. I want a 15-20 goals a season striker to go with another of the same ilk. Then we wouldn't need any of our strikers to be supplementary midfielders. Same as I said after watching his first two or three games because he hasn't changed and he hasn't improved. Standing up would be a start. 

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Thracian said:

I don't want him next season. I want a 15-20 goals a season striker to go with another of the same ilk. Then we wouldn't need any of our strikers to be supplementary midfielders. Same as I said after watching his first two or three games because he hasn't changed and he hasn't improved. Standing up would be a start. 

You already have in Slimani and in Vardy if they get service, they can even score more than 15-20 with the right service. The team is just underperforming on a high scale you can't expect to much from them.

Edited by Eagle10

He is an attacking player but really he has not scored enough goals since arriving at the club. If he was at another club with his goal rate probably would not get in the team.

His contribution to the team is brilliant though. Could he be a better in midfield because our midfield do not score goals 

1 minute ago, Eagle10 said:

You already have in Slimani and in Vardy if they get service. The team is just underperforming on a high scale you can't expect to much from them.

Shinji's never been better than okay. He's nuisance value and has a good heart. He recognised his own limitations and promised he'd do better in front of goal this season. He hasn't. Nothing's improved. To compare him to smallish strikers who could be a nightmare to mark like Denis Law, Gary Lineker or Jimmy Greaves the bloke's worse than a non runner.

If he had a good enough touch to make goals or even feed someone else to make goals I'd accept his being a "supplementary" but he's not. He's like the sort of overseas champions I used to play at squash. Nothing better than ordinary compared to the real experts like Jonah Barrington, the Pathans Jehengir Khan or Qamar Zaman, Australian Geoff Hunt or Egyptian geniuses like Ahmed Safwat. .

Would Shinji get into Millwall's team or even Lincoln's? I'd be surprised with his technique. I've lived in hope with him because no-one could fault his attitude. But he's way short of what we need.